• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
One of the reasons people believe Abandoned is from Kojima is because it's difficult to find a lot of information about Blue Box Games. But that isn't because it is a shell corporation for Kojima Productions. Instead, Blue Box is simply a small studio that has never released a major console game before.

But the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter. And yes, that statue on Phil Spencer's shelf was referencing a potential deal with the legendary developer. I cannot confirm if Xbox closed the deal yet, but my understanding is that Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent.

So you'll have to enjoy Abandoned absent Kojima's marketing stunts.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Source: Venturebeat - Jeff Grubb

Last edited by a moderator:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I salute all my fellow Kojima theorists, it was fun while it lasted.

Now I wonder if the old Kojima project was rejected by Sony so he decided to seek another publisher

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful! I'm ready for whatever it is.

camelkong

Feb 26, 2018
damn, when was the last time kojima worked closely with xbox? the last thing I can remember between them was a big MGSV gameplay demo at the Xbox E3 conference in 2014(?)

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
User banned (1 week): Trolling, Console War Rhetoric; Prior bans for similar behavior
Listen. I need this to be true, and then see MS buy Konami.

😬

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Massive, massive blunder by Sony. Their first-party lineup gets less interesting by the second.

Oct 27, 2017
It did feel like they kind of swept death stranding under the rug when it didn't do the numbers the felt Ike they wanted.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering why that thread was at like 500 posts when the game looked kinda crappy. Saw it early when it had like 30 posts, went to work, was over 400.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
The early days of generations sure make people go crazy, when every game is a pinnacle of potential, hopes, and dreams.

Whatever happens, I'm here for it.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's true, which honestly whatever he pointed out in the article is flimsy and goes into no depth, I hope it's a better game than Death Stranding.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense.

I don't think Sony needs Kojima, given Sony's success and the fact that Kojima's last game wasn't exactly a barn burner as far as sales are concerned. If it was Kojima + Metal Gear Solid or Kojima + Silent Hill, I think Sony would be all over that given the name recognition behind those titles. I think Microsoft absolutely sees Japanese developed software as an area of need, and are more than willing to throw money at name recognition alone at this point.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Uhhh I actually am going to have to get an Xbox some time this gen aren't I. At least the Series S is cheap...