• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Meh on ATHF, it was never really my thing and it's format/design doesn't really lend itself to a full-fledged movie.

Super in for Venture Bros and Metalocalypse (as long as Brendon Small is involved), though.

I really hope this proves to be true because I always wanted a proper ending to Metalocalypse.

As for Venture Bros., I just binged watched the entire series (I originally stopped watching around season five) and finished up last week and was heartbroken to learn the show had been canceled.
There were quite a few questions I wish were answered.
Like who actually caused the massacre?
What's going to happen with Dean and Hank's relationship given the last two episodes?
How exactly is the Monarch related to Rusty? Why did that robot confuse Dean for Rusty and on that note, if Rusty is in fact a clone, is that of himself, his dad or even the Monarch? What will the revelation of their blood relation play into their relationship since time machine Rusty called Monarch by his first name?
Who's Scare Bear?
Were the Peril Partnership actually going to be a threat?
Is Jonas Venture finally dead now and what is the O.S.I. doing with the head?
Will the boys ever meet their biological mother and what's the full story with her?
Honestly, it needs a full season and a movie but I will gladly settle for a movie as long as we get something. I just want closure.

ATHF getting another movie is a bonus. I still have a fond spot in my heart and rewatch the entire series. So quotable!

CONFIRMED

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Article is up too -
Metalocalypse
The power-hungry TRIBUNAL unveils their secret and deadly "Falconback Project" as the world grows in embattled chaos and the menacing Doomstar breaches the Earth's atmosphere while the mysterious and twisted dissent of a band member threatens the future of Dethklok. Picking up directly after the heroic rescue of Toki Wartooth: Can Dethklok choose between their egos and the greater good of the world to embark on a gauntlet of dangers that will try their very souls and finally write the song that will be their salvation? The new movie is created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blancha. The movie soundtrack will be released on WaterTower Music.

The Venture Bros.
Doc's latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them. The Venture Bros. is created, written and executive produced by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
A continuation of the hit animated series, fans will find out what happens next with Frylock, Meatwad and Master Shake, who consider themselves crime fighters, but the truth is they never fight crime. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is created by Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis and follows the strange everyday lives of three human-sized food products living in New Jersey.
tv.avclub.com

Venture Bros., Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Metalocalypse are coming back

Adult Swim favorites The Venture Bros., Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Metalocalypse are all getting new movies from their original creators, WarnerMedia confirmed today.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Really striking while the iron is hot here

Good to see something on Venture Bros at least

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Now they just need to release the full Metalocalypse series and Doomstar on Blu Ray in the UK. Most only came out on DVD and some you have to import so it's very expensive.

Only other option is buying the series on Amazon Prime but that also is very expensive.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
More ATHF content is great news. Between it's ratings + low production cost it could've kept going for a while, but Mike Lazzo decided to screw it over and almost all of Adult Swim's other shows. The more that tramples his "legacy" the better.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
Now that it is confirmed, I can get hyped. ATHF and Venture Bros so good. I know Metalocalypse is highly rated as well, will have to give it a watch.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Venture Bros AND Metalocalypse? What a day!

Wonder if the Metalocalypse movie is going to be another musical. I still replay songs from Doomstar.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I had faith that Venture Bros would be able to wrap up at some point, but I thought Metalocalypse was dead and buried, so it's great to hear it will get it's actual ending.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why this is happening now.
WB/HBO has been trying really hard to court milennials to HBO Max and reviving fan favorite franchises and series is a big part of that push.

Clone High is getting a reboot with Lord and Miller involved, Gossip Girl and Sex and the City revivals are happening, and there's even been rumors that there's early talks of a revival of Batman TAS.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
giphy.gif

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
So if they start on the Venture Bros movie RIGHT NOW we should be able to watch it in like what... 5 years?

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope this proves to be true because I always wanted a proper ending to Metalocalypse.

As for Venture Bros., I just binged watched the entire series (I originally stopped watching around season five) and finished up last week and was heartbroken to learn the show had been canceled.
There were quite a few questions I wish were answered.
Like who actually caused the massacre?
What's going to happen with Dean and Hank's relationship given the last two episodes?
How exactly is the Monarch related to Rusty? Why did that robot confuse Dean for Rusty and on that note, if Rusty is in fact a clone, is that of himself, his dad or even the Monarch? What will the revelation of their blood relation play into their relationship since time machine Rusty called Monarch by his first name?
Who's Scare Bear?
Were the Peril Partnership actually going to be a threat?
Is Jonas Venture finally dead now and what is the O.S.I. doing with the head?
Will the boys ever meet their biological mother and what's the full story with her?
Honestly, it needs a full season and a movie but I will gladly settle for a movie as long as we get something. I just want closure.
I think part of the nature of the show is exploring and toying with some of these questions rather than being particularly interested in answering them conclusively. Like, they will sometimes (as they did a bit in the most recent season) but will also create a bunch of new mysteries in the process. I don't think it's really a show that has an "endgame" as much as it's about the development of the core cast and the plotting is really just a vehicle to drive that development. I'm absolutely thrilled to be getting more content (I think it's the GOAT animated series straight up) but I honestly wouldn't expect it to be any more of a conclusion than Operation P.R.O.M. was (Season 4 finale).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
My partner and I just finished catching up on Venture Bros a couple of weeks ago then learned it had been cancelled.
So glad they're making more after all.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I want a full season after this Venture Bros movie. You cant quit on us yet.