• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Did you seriously just compare inappropriate jokes to actual accusations of assault and inviting your young fans to an island for a "cult" getaway?
not referring to his old posts
DkW2qyzXoAAegkh.jpg

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just this version of Venom that people don't want in the MCU. Eddie Brock (and Venom by extension) are supposed to hate Spider-Man and want to kill him for all the trouble Peter caused him. I just can't see Tom Hardy's Brock fitting that role as he is too goofy.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
These are all awful claims, and if they're true, that's terrible, but they seem to be anonymous reports from ten year old forum posts that are now deleted. I can't say these are anything more than accusations.
Well you asked for more. Nobody here can prove anything but clearly James Gunn was not the first person in the world to accuse Leto of sexual misconduct.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch this just be some lame joke where Far From Home is just a movie in Venom's world and the "I hate that guy" is just a silly meta joke, with no link to multiverse stuff at all.
Honestly, this could be it. Sony likes their product placement.
2 people in the comments say they heard the same rumor but it's Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man

Spoiler tagging just in case since this is just a Venom spoilers thread:
What if the Sony Universe is the Andrew Garfield universe? That way we could have 3 villains from each of the older universes: Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Sandman from Tobey Maguire's movies and Lizard, Electro and Venom from Andrew Garfield's universe
And this is the ideal scenario, I wouldn't mind this 😊
Easy to ignore.

(And Garfield's Spider-Man look like he lives in the same "artificial-looking" world of Venom. Same cold lighting, dunno what it is, but they look same-y)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Stop. You know damn well it is.

It's disgusting and gross. But the fact that you tried to compare those old situations (which Gunn apologized for years ago) to actual accusations of assault and a very recent creepy-as-fuck cult island that he invited young girls to -- something you ignored when I linked you to it, despite it giving credence to the accusations -- is completely ridiculous.

And you're doing it out of an incredibly weird need to defend an upcoming Morbius movie.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Stop. You know damn well it is.

It's disgusting and gross. But the fact that you tried to compare those old situations (which Gunn apologized for years ago) to actual accusations of assault and a very recent creepy-as-fuck cult island that he invited young girls to -- something you ignored when I linked you to it, despite it giving credence to the accusations -- is completely ridiculous.

And you're doing it out of an incredibly weird need to defend an upcoming Morbius movie.
I can't take one dude's blog that you linked as fact. If you want to, that's cool, but I'm not going to do that.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I sometimes forget how batshit fucking crazy a lot of MCU fans are. Some of yall were legit rooting for Disney to buy out Sony (and some of yall are STILL doing it here, in 2021 XD) over their relationship fracturing a few years back.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
These are all awful claims, and if they're true, that's terrible, but they seem to be anonymous reports from ten year old forum posts that are now deleted. I can't say these are anything more than accusations.

You forgot where you are. Around these parts, accusation = proof. There's still people defending Tara Reade here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How hard did you look?

contemptor.com

Another Cosby? A Reminder That Several Women Have Accused Jared Leto Of Sexual Assault | Contemptor

We all remember how squicky we felt when Jared Leto failed to handle criticism for his stereotypical portrayal of a trans woman in Dallas Buyers Club. Now, with his upcoming role as the Joker in Suicide Squad, perhaps we should be worrying that his portrayal will be a little too believable.

kulturehub.com

Suspect activity: What's really good with Jared Leto?

Regardless of your opinion on actor and 30 Seconds to Mars frontman Jared Leto, it cannot be denied that he has acted suspect in recent times.

I am not familiar with this besides Gunn's tweet.

Is there any source that isn't tumblr or an anonymous random deleted forum post ?

Cause that's the site you posted (twice), beyond unprofessional.

23a61bc94e1efcdd75b3188face60b5a.jpg

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This thread took a sharp fucking turn into crazy town, going off some of the posts in this last page. I'm calling My mom to pick me up, this party sucks 🥴✌️

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This thread took a fucking sharp turn into crazy town, going off some of the posts in this last page. I'm calling My mom to pick me up, this party sucks 🥴✌️

Dunno what you're talking abo--

You forgot where you are. Around these parts, accusation = proof. There's still people defending Tara Reade here.

Oh.

God damn, it's like some of you have a bat signal set up to let you know when you're needed to post, "ACCUSATIONS AREN'T PROOF."

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Abuse and Trolling Over Multiple Posts

Are you trolling? That "one dude's blog" just talks about the event. The event itself happening -- young girls being invited to an island for a "cult" celebration of Leto -- is an indisputable fact.
And until anything is proven by an official investigation, I'm taking that blog with a grain of salt.

You're free to believe what you want, or you can add me to your ignore list 🤷‍♂️

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean

After the breakup/makeup from a couple years ago this had to be the foregone conclusion yeah? Just curious how it'll all go down in the future.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Abuse over Multiple Posts; Prior Related Serious Ban; Misrepresenting Prior Bans
And until anything is proven by an official investigation, I'm taking that blog with a grain of salt.

You're free to believe what you want, or you can add me to your ignore list 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately, you'll probably just be banned. Happened to me at least twice for pointing out that Reade's story had holes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I am not familiar with this besides Gunn's tweet.

Is there any source that isn't tumblr or an anonymous random deleted forum post ?

Cause that's the site you posted (twice), beyond unprofessional.

23a61bc94e1efcdd75b3188face60b5a.jpg
You're telling me you don't get your news from the Fever Swamp?

This thread took a sharp fucking turn into crazy town, going off some of the posts in this last page. I'm calling My mom to pick me up, this party sucks 🥴✌️

You can't leave until Venom gets here
My dude, i have no issues with you at all. But I'm not gonna be dragged for not taking a random website that you found as fact

Let me know when Leto is taken away in handcuffs, and you can say "I told you so"

Now lets both drop this and get back on topic
youtu.be

Eminem - Venom

Listen to Venom (Music From The Motion Picture), out now: http://smarturl.it/EminemVenomhttp://eminem.comhttp://facebook.com/eminemhttp://twitter.com/eminemh...

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Everyone should be believed on both sides, accusations and defense. Then the accusations should be investigated fairly. What's so "Holy Shit" about that?

Anyway, I love the MCU, and Venom is welcome here, especially since that will likely cause Fiege to have more of a say.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The cult shit with Jared Leto was suspected to be publicity stunt. There's not much details on it in general but there hasn't been anything negative or controversial come out of it.

The accusations are serious though and really shouldn't be swept aside. It's weird that they've pretty much completely fallen out of public eye IMO

Everyone should be believed on both sides, accusations and defense. Then the accusations should be investigated fairly. What's so "Holy Shit" about that?

Anyway, I love the MCU, and Venom is welcome here, especially since that will likely cause Fiege to have more of a say.

Has Leto put up much of a defense?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I didn't expect this to turn into a Leto accusation thread.

But I'd lie if I said his presence is one of the biggest deterrents on me giving Sony the benefit of the doubt on this universe.

Dude's just a massive creep

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The cult shit with Jared Leto was suspected to be publicity stunt. There's not much details on it in general but there hasn't been anything negative or controversial come out of it.

The accusations are serious though and really shouldn't be swept aside. It's weird that they've pretty much completely fallen out of public eye IMO

If the cult stuff was on its own, it would be easier to dismiss. We've seen plenty of known names pull dumb shit like that before.

But when it comes after both accusations of assault and other people in Hollywood commenting on the fact that he preys on younger women, that "publicity stunt" looks much, much more problematic.

MC Boing

Oct 20, 2020
England
I thought Spider-Man was 'leaving' the MCU after No Way Home? Wouldn't this just be a tease for Holland in the Sonyverse, or has agreements changed with Disney and Sony?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I thought Spider-Man was 'leaving' the MCU after No Way Home? Wouldn't this just be a tease for Holland in the Sonyverse, or has agreements changed with Disney and Sony?
The current agreement between Sony and Disney ends after an unknown Marvel movie in which Spider-Man will appear. As to whether Sony and Disney will sign a new deal after that? Who knows, I'm sure they'll try as it's in Disney and Sony's interest to have Spider-Man within the MCU, but nobody knows if they'll be able to reach a deal, that's up to some of the top executives at Disney/Marvel and Sony.

MC Boing

Oct 20, 2020
England
literally nobody has ever said this. it was always just contract disputes and aimless speculation.
We don't know of any changes. It's just speculations
The current agreement between Sony and Disney ends after an unknown Marvel movie in which Spider-Man will appear. As to whether Sony and Disney will sign a new deal after that? Who knows, I'm sure they'll try as it's in Disney and Sony's interest to have Spider-Man within the MCU, but nobody knows if they'll be able to reach a deal, that's up to some of the top executives at Disney/Marvel and Sony.
Wasn't aware that its mostly up in the air. Thanks for answering!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

That's never been a thing. It's just baseless speculation from the fact that the contract ends (not after No Way Home but after Holland's next appearance in a non-Spider-Man film).

Here's what will happen: Sony and Disney will agree to a new contract and Holland will continue in the MCU. Maybe this contract will include appearances in Sony's terrible spin-offs like Venom and Morbius. But Sony and Disney are on good terms right now. They just signed off on a big deal regarding Sony films coming to Disney+.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So saw this picture posted on Twitter. No idea if it's real or from what scene it supposed to be. But it does look like Holland's suit and not Garfield's.
Edit: Nevermind

Last edited:

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
There are two kinds of people in this thread: Annoyed MCU fans who are bothered by this, and people who enjoy seeing MCU fans annoyed by this.

Let's be honest, no one here honestly thought Venom was good or thinks this will be good.

Venom is a really fun b movie and I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel.