• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
That is pretty crappy. Here, most bars will give you free soda if you're the DD.
A bar near me called Nippers. One of the few places left in my city where you can smoke indoors, so I'm not going back regardless, but I'm not going back for a different reason.

I met up with some friends there once and, because I was driving, I ordered a Pepsi for $2. Waitress came by, I gave her a $5 and expected that she'd come back around a lot due to the nice tip (not huge but nice for a $2 drink). Drank it up quick then she came back. I asked for a refill and she said, "Sorry, we don't do free refills." It's not like I ordered the glass bottle Coke, this is pop from the damned wand. I've been given soft drinks at bars for free and they're trying to get another $2?

Haven't been back since and never will.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
-The local Kelly's Roast Beef. Gave my dad food poisoning once. That was over 25 years ago and they are still in business.

-One of the local dentists. I had been going to them for a few years. Got my tooth chipped for the first time ever and wanted to get it fixed first thing Monday morning. Called, no answer, left voicemail. Nothing. Waited until Tuesday and called, no answer, left voicemail. Nothing. Said fuck it and went to another local dentist who did a great job on short notice. Finally got a call back on Wednesday from the original dentist and apparently they had a day off and then a meeting day for no fucking reason without advertising it on their voicemail or website. They still wanted my business and I told them to go fuck themselves (nicely). Then I think the actual dentist tried calling me about it and I firmly told him no, I'm not giving you business again.

-Another dentist story. It was a Gentle Dental. Unfortunately they were completely the opposite of gentle as they gave me a bitewing for X-rays that was way too big for my mouth and they refused to give me another one, saying that was the smallest they had (absolute BS as there are child sizes). I was literally crying from the pain as they X-rayed my mouth. Never again.

-Couple restaurants I won't go back to because were we the first customers of the day and the tables and chairs were fucking filthy. One of the places actually told us when we complained that they only clean the floors once a week. Never went back to either place.

Oct 27, 2017
-The local Kelly's Roast Beef. Gave my dad food poisoning once. That was over 25 years ago and they are still in business.

-One of the local dentists. I had been going to them for a few years. Got my tooth chipped for the first time ever and wanted to get it fixed first thing Monday morning. Called, no answer, left voicemail. Nothing. Waited until Tuesday and called, no answer, left voicemail. Nothing. Said fuck it and went to another local dentist who did a great job on short notice. Finally got a call back on Wednesday from the original dentist and apparently they had a day off and then a meeting day for no fucking reason without advertising it on their voicemail or website. They still wanted my business and I told them to go fuck themselves (nicely). Then I think the actual dentist tried calling me about it and I firmly told him no, I'm not giving you business again.

-Another dentist story. It was a Gentle Dental. Unfortunately they were completely the opposite of gentle as they gave me a bitewing for X-rays that was way too big for my mouth and they refused to give me another one, saying that was the smallest they had (absolute BS as there are child sizes). I was literally crying from the pain as they X-rayed my mouth. Never again.

-Couple restaurants I won't go back to because were we the first customers of the day and the tables and chairs were fucking filthy. One of the places actually told us when we complained that they only clean the floors once a week. Never went back to either place.
I was literally typing up about how much of a dumpster that place is when your post showed up. Kelly's is awful, chain-wide, it's up there with Kowloon for places resting on their laurels.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I was literally typing up about how much of a dumpster that place is when your post showed up. Kelly's is awful, chain-wide, it's up there with Kowloon for places resting on their laurels.
Holy shit, another local.

Kowloon fucking blows too. But mostly their food is just shitty and often stale as opposed to an actual vendetta or food poisoning.

All of the places I mentioned are still in business. The other restaurants I mentioned are very close to Kowloon and Kelly's. Prince and Fuddrucker's in Saugus.

Last edited:

Mister Niwa

Oct 25, 2017
Got this vegan döner, burger, fast food diner kind of thing here in Kassel, Germany called the Glückliche Bergschwein, I've been there several times because friends like to try the vegan made Döner they do. The business owner and main chef is this woman that has sometimes several people on shift, but everytime it gets busy she doesn't seem to let them arrange the meal, it's no magic to prepare a burger or döner, just stuff the prepared "meat" in a flatbread with some veggies and put it in tinfoil / a paper bag. Especially when there are more than 2 orders she even gets angry and told me several times already that I should call before coming in, like what the hell its a fast food place, why should I even bother to call there? There even was a time when everything seemed to be in order, no complaining with a simple order, we sat down and waited and then the place got crowded, the chef then had several orders in her hand and the colleague asked her what she was doing with it, she just said "I'm taking my break" and leaves with the food, didn't come back for like 30 minutes and we were still waiting lmao.

Conclusion: Place is mostly crowded, many people don't mind her horrible service because she's always been like that and is known in this vegan artsy kind of community, I don't really wish for them to close down but at least learn to be better. I don't go there if I'm not absolutely forced to by my friends.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Razzoo's Cajun Cafe near me closed down unexpectedly while I was out of town. I got takeout from there once every two weeks. They were the only place near me that sold good Alligator.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Can't even think of what the place is called, but it's this tiny little restaurant. I used to pass by it to go to work so I thought I'd try it one day since it had a drive thru and it was empty.

Empty for a reason. The food was like the cheap frozen stuff you buy at Walmart that costs $1, but also it's old and probably had freezer burn. Only person in line and it took forever to get food. And the woman who took my order and everything was rude as hell- for a small restaurant she looked like the owner and that my order was "too small" for her to give a damn about.

Last time I went by it was still open somehow, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's either owned by some rich guy who keeps it open or they're a front of something else. There's never anyone there.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
A Chinese place called Hunan Gate. Ordered a shitload of food once and not only was it terrible but my girlfriend but it into her egg roll and there was a fucking staple inside it. I don't know how it stays open. The space could be used for a much better restaurant.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't think of any at first but after a second's thought I know EXACTLY what the answer to this question is

St. Mark's Comic

By FAR the worst shopping experience I have ever gone through. Every customer is forced to check in their bags upon entry and every customer is stalked by their creepy owner to make sure that they aren't stealing anything.

I have never gone to a business that so explicitly assumes every customer is a criminal as much as St Marks Comics. My friend warned me beforehand but I thought he was joking, but nope. He had gone to them for over a decade and yet was treated like a criminal every time, and the second I entered with him we were given the same treatment. Oh and they have a no phone policy too!

After over three decades of doing business this way, they closed down last year.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
A Chinese place called Hunan Gate. Ordered a shitload of food once and not only was it terrible but my girlfriend but it into her egg roll and there was a fucking staple inside it. I don't know how it stays open. The space could be used for a much better restaurant.
Not local anymore but when I was in college, at the same dining hall, I found a screw in my food once, and on another occasion, a finger or toenail clipping.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
There is an notorious farm and pet store in my county that my family avoids because it treats their animals horribly. The fish are in tanks you can barely see in because they are so dirty, the dogs are from puppy mills supposedly and in cramped cages, it's honestly amazing they haven't been shut down yet.

My teacher in elementary used to avoid that place like the plague because she felt compelled to adopt an animal every time she went into it.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
There is an notorious farm and pet store in my county that my family avoids because it treats their animals horribly. The fish are in tanks you can barely see in because they are so dirty, the dogs are from puppy mills supposedly and in cramped cages, it's honestly amazing they haven't been shut down yet.

My teacher in elementary used to avoid that place like the plague because she felt compelled to adopt an animal every time she went into it.

should fucking report them. Not sure how that works or to whom but sounds like it should be shut down.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
There's a brewery in Detroit that I won't be back to after they tried to double our bill when we had a large party there while hitting a few bars for my birthday like a decade ago (like a $250 tab to $500; luckily my wife noticed because the rest of us were too drunk to.)

There's also a local beard & male grooming supplies company that I actively dissuade people from after one of the founders picked a fight with me (and not coincidentally, outed his own misogynistic tendencies) in a small FB group when I was discussing the demographics of people who buy and play video games in a post with IRL friends. (It's, like, part of my job.) I believe the company is still around but he and the other founders had to sell a controlling stake to stay afloat.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Back before digital comics were pervasive, I suppose 10-11 years, I had a "pull list" at a local comics shop. You basically made a list of comics you wanted, they ordered each month for you, you pop in every week or so and pick your bag of comics up. Well I had a pull list with this shop for about two years. It wasn't large, maybe ten comics, but I was loyal and picked it up every week.

One day I get a voicemail saying my pickup has been there for a few days. I call the owner back after work and tell him it's going to be a few more days due to a meltdown at work - I was going to be working 12 hours days until we fixed whatever was wrong. Well he gets upset and says he's putting them all on the shelf. So I told him to fuck himself and never went back. The whole episode put me off of comics entirely for years and years until I discovered digital comics.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's this retro game/toy shop one town over that seems just buy eBay lots, put them up on the shelves, and then sell them. No testing or checking them aside from putting the price tag on. One day I bought some PSP games that were sitting in a glass case. I got home to test them and saw that one of them didn't have the game in it. I went back the next day, and after the clerk couldn't find the game the clerk called the owner, because I guess the regular people aren't allowed to do any refunds without management approval, and he had the fucking balls to offer me store credit after selling me an empty box. I pushed back and ended up getting my money back in the end, but haven't gone back since then.

What's even better is while I was waiting on the guy to call the manager again, I looked at the return policy they had at the register, and apparently if they sell you a busted console and they aren't able to fix it, they will be so kind as to buy it back from you for half of what you paid in store credit. Like, fuck dude, at least the other retro shops in the area have the decency to give you all your money back in store credit.

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
Not a local small-time business, but there's a local McDonald's that I avoid whenever I can. Almost every time they've messed up an order, short-changed me or have had bad (worse than standard McD) food. Months will go between times I've been there, and then inevitably I feel like a small bite to eat when I'm in the area and reason that it will probably be different workers working there, try them again just to be disappointed.

I once ordered some burgers and small fries for my family, and after waiting ten minutes for the food to be delivered to the car at one of the numbered waiting parking spaces, they delivered the bag of food with pies instead of fries. Didn't want to go through the hassle of waiting for them to fix the order while the rest of the order went cold, so just accepted the pies. Got home and found the pies were marked to be sold by yesterday's date.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Like 7-8 years ago, a local book store called Whistlestop agreed to stock a few copies of a book I'd self-published after college. They all sold out. The guy never gave me any money for it. I still hope the place burns down.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Back before digital comics were pervasive, I suppose 10-11 years, I had a "pull list" at a local comics shop. You basically made a list of comics you wanted, they ordered each month for you, you pop in every week or so and pick your bag of comics up. Well I had a pull list with this shop for about two years. It wasn't large, maybe ten comics, but I was loyal and picked it up every week.

One day I get a voicemail saying my pickup has been there for a few days. I call the owner back after work and tell him it's going to be a few more days due to a meltdown at work - I was going to be working 12 hours days until we fixed whatever was wrong. Well he gets upset and says he's putting them all on the shelf. So I told him to fuck himself and never went back. The whole episode put me off of comics entirely for years and years until I discovered digital comics.

My local comic book store lets you go as far as four weeks before picking them up! And I take advantage of that since I actually live 20ish minutes away by highway.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Yup pretty much. The bar had a third party clean the lines and apparently they didn't flush that one after. It's bright green to make it obvious but the beer I was sampling was a green apple flavored so I thought the coloring was intentional. I took it like a shot cause I'm dumb and immediately started to feel burning. The bartender noticed when they saw my face and felt awful. The bar's owner was sitting right next to me and didn't say anything at all. He even charged me for the first beer I had. I went to the ER and didn't get home until 4am that night.

Thankfully I didn't have any issues aside from a sore throat but I was really nervous about it for awhile.

Ew, I can imagine. My husband brews and kegs so we run the line cleaner frequently. I can't believe the owner didn't comp you for life.

Oct 25, 2017
Over a decade ago, I ordered a step-up ring (a small metal ring that let's you use a filter for a larger camera lens on a smaller one) from Adorama before going on a vacation. As of the day before my 6a flight, it hadn't been delivered. So on my way home, I stopped at a local camera place to pick one up (at more than twice the price from Adorama.) When I did get home, the one from Adorama had been delivered, but I didn't have time to take the one I bought from the local place back before they closed. No problem, I thought, I'll just keep the receipt and take it back after my vacation (it was only for a week.)

When I tried to return it, the clerk refused to accept it because their policy was it needed to be returned within 7 days and it had been 8. I plead my case that I couldn't have returned it any earlier since I had been out of town and the clerk said he would check with the manager. He took the ring in it's still sealed packaging with him to the manager. The manager eventually came out and yelled at me out for "window shopping," that he wasn't a library, and for trying to return an opened item. He handed back the ring in a now opened package (which sucked because I know someone else that I could've gifted it to if it hadn't been opened.)

I've never stepped foot in that fucking place since and give them a little middle finger every time I order something from Adorama, B&H, or some other online camera source. Fuck you The Camera Corner, I hope that $10 step-up ring was worth the cost of all my future business ($1,000's) and negative word-of-mouth (and I have steered numerous people away from you.)

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
HEROES comics in London.

I once bought the Walking Dead Compendium vol 1 and 2 from them for retail price for a Christmas gift, after about 20 minutes I had checked amazon.ca and noticed they had both volumes at half off, essentially 2-for-1.

So I returned to the store, knowing they wouldn't match the 50% off, asking if they'd at least meet me half way and give back the taxes and maybe an extra 10 bucks (so about 25% off).

The clerk got extremely defensive and said "NO. You're supporting child labor when you buy from amazon".

I said, well, then I'd like to return the books, and he then responded with "We don't do refunds on books".

Keeping in mind this is a comic shop, and they have no posted signs stating that they don't offer refunds on books, I point it out and asked where this policy is posted.

He then ripped the bag from my hands and said "You've clearly read these, I can't give you a refund."

I said "You sold these to me 20 minutes ago, how could I read two 400 page volumes?"

He then said "Well we don't give refunds, but whatever, I don't wanna see your fuckin' face in here again, go kill some more stores by shopping online."

He threw the $80 at me and I haven't stepped foot inside the store since, as even though they had some cool stuff, there's no way in hell I'm supporting a store that has that kind of attitude towards staying competitive/maintaining what was a repeat customer (I'd bought a ton from them in the past, too)... This was about 6 years ago.

And truth be told, chances are high he went right onto amazon and bought the same books on discount to re-sell in the store at full MSRP.
London Ontario?

Yeah, some can get pissy when you talk about shopping online but that's fucked. Who was it that was yelling at you? The old guy or the big guy? Because if it wasn't either of them, I'd talk to them about it.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
London Ontario?

Yeah, some can get pissy when you talk about shopping online but that's fucked. Who was it that was yelling at you? The old guy or the big guy? Because if it wasn't either of them, I'd talk to them about it.

It was a long time ago, but I remember he had longer hair and was a bit scruffy.

I was telling this story again a number of years later and he happened to be in line behind me at the shoppers downtown and he re-affirmed his position and was just as pissy about it, lol.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a chicken/kebab shop that's literally right across the road from my apartment building, used to go there literally all the time because they were cheap, alright and convenient.

One day I got a kebab and they didn't give me any salad. Normally they put the Salad in a plasic container like this. So I ask the guy what's up up and he's like 'no salad, i give you next time'. So I'm like what do you mean no salad, you didn't say anything about it when I ordered, and he's just like 'next time, next time'. Which is complete bullshit because how the fuck does nextime help my now incomplete kebab. I had to cut my own damn onion to have a workable kebab, cunts.

That was over a year ago and I haven't been back since, they lost hundreds of £ of my business that they only had because of the shear convenience of the location. They also seem to be getting less and less frequented in general, though that might be confirmation bias.

On the bright side I found a much better kebab place 30 seconds down the road (I never walked that direction since it's opposite of the way I go for literally everything) that also has the most amazing roast chicken and chips, a massive upgrade. And they would never have the cheek to try and serve a kebab without salad unless asked.

The vasty majority of newsagents, off licenses and small corner shops in the UK have the £5 minimum for cards. It's generally supermarket chains that don't.

Not in my ends.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, another local.

Kowloon fucking blows too. But mostly their food is just shitty and often stale as opposed to an actual vendetta or food poisoning.

All of the places I mentioned are still in business. The other restaurants I mentioned are very close to Kowloon and Kelly's. Prince and Fuddrucker's in Saugus.

I've been eating fairly regularly at Fuddruckers locations in California for 35 years. I've always asked for and gotten my burgers medium-rare and never been sick.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I've been eating fairly regularly at Fuddruckers locations in California for 35 years. I've always asked for and gotten my burgers medium-rare and never been sick.
I never got sick from them either, and I'm a medium-rare girl myself, but the local one was filthy in the dining area. Makes me wonder about the back of the restaurant that we can't see.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never got sick from them either, and I'm a medium-rare girl myself, but the local one was filthy in the dining area. Makes me wonder about the back of the restaurant that we can't see.

At all of the locations I've been to except two the entire process is done in full view of customers... making the buns, patties, cooking, everything. The patty areas are behind glass. The rest is open.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
At all of the locations I've been to except two the entire process is done in full view of customers... making the buns, patties, cooking, everything. The patty areas are behind glass. The rest is open.
Yeah the local one is open too. However, it makes me think of food storage and stuff for things that aren't out in the open.

And again, this is all the way across the country from you. There's gonna be some variation in quality.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
There was a restaurant near me named French Mediterranean Cafe.

But they apparently didn't want to pay for a big sign so the place was labeled French Medit. Cafe

Always bothered me and I never went in. It's closed now.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The moral of this thread: No one should EVER go to Subway, for any reason. Sure, I got food poisoning there as well, but it's just a shithole place even beyond that, to the point that it's not even worth exploring for me.

Totes diff story: A local business I loathe is an ostensibly cozy little coffee shop that also serves some brekky and lunch sandwiches (Seattle.) When I moved into the area, I was like "score!"

Nope. Firstly their hot food is literally shitty microwaved frozen stuff, and not good at ALL. Initially, I was ok with that, even if I thought it was a bit overpriced.

I am not fancy.

Also, there is one of those drive-thru coffee places across the street with better coffee/mochas/etc. Still, I was ok with having a mediocre place to get coffee and an egg sammy before work.

Fast forward a year or so and folks are trying to set up food trucks in the area. I was stoked! I fucking love food trucks, and "street food" in general.

Nope. The owner of this bullshit cafe ranted and lobbied against it VERY vocally. I don't know how much effect he had, but lo and behold, the city council decided to disallow food truck permits in the area. Tons of food trucks who were already set to set up shop in a few areas NOT EVEN NEAR THIS PLACE FOR SEVERAL BLOCKS had to drive off forever.

I've never returned since. Still mad about it.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
There is this bar on my street that is a +35 hangout. Went there once to grab a simple lager with a friend. Owner sat down with us without asking and started berating us for our choice in beers. "You should've chosen this first because now your taste buds can't taste the subtlety of this light tasting beer."

Fuck off! So pretentious. They even had a sign stating that you'd be asked to leave if you asked for a "big strong" (a Swedish terminology for a cheap lager). Never went back there again. He can huff his own farts.

Still in business btw, doing great I think.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My current local comic shop kinda sucks, and I totally get that it's hard to run a comic shop these days and the clientele here differs from my hometown pretty drastically. My hometown local comic shops were great — I used to manage my pulls between two different shops because I wanted to support both of them. They'd have conversations about me about my pulls and made really solid recommendations, recognized me and called me by name on my 2nd or 3rd visit, and just generally felt very pleasing to go almost weekly and grab my comics from either one of them.

My current one has one staff member who is really friendly and knows me by name, does strike up a convo about the books I pull (this is important because I don't have any other friends to talk to about comics in particular), but beyond that, it's just so bad. They make their own customers work through a very convoluted third party subscription service and every time there's a new book I want to start pulling, it's so confusing to even just find the exact series I want and then actually set it so that it starts pulling at my shop. They double as a table top and board games store but their inventory feels spread thin in every single category, so you can't just impulse buy stuff you're interested in — stock is so low outside of pre-orders that it tends to sell out if you're not one of the first people in the store each week. My old hometown comic shops would occasionally sell out of "overnight hit" titles, but for the most part, I could start a conversation with the staff, decide I was interested, and get a copy of almost anything I wanted. Oh, and back catalogues at my old comic shops were far superior — if I decided I wanted to return to an older series or run of comics, they usually had it in stock and didn't charge a ton for it. My current comic shop barely has like 6 long boxes full of back issues at all, and they all cost 7-8 dollars a pop regardless of whether or not they're well-received, rare, or anything like that.

Comics is kind of one of the last physical media things I enjoy getting, and comics isn't even my favorite form of media. I have a state comic con that's really quite good and I've met some of my favorite comics talent like Kieron Gillen and Fiona Staples that keeps me into the medium, makes me want to collect up these physical ones so I can meet the folks who write and do the art for these books and converse and get a personalized signature or something, but I hate my current local comic shop so much for how pinpoint-to-preorder they seem to manage their stock levels and how there's no sense of dynamic or impulse discovery anymore, and a much weaker sense that it's sort of a safe community space. It's so by-the-numbers and bland compared to my old comic shop experience. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I viciously loathe this stupid health food-y place called "Real Food, Real People." near my work's office. Are you fucking kidding me with that name? I've never seen a more smug and pretentious business name. The period at the end somehow crowns the whole thing for me and sends me into a fit of seething hatred every time I see the sign with several hipsters with $18 salad bowls in hand underneath.

It actually makes me want to go to MacDonald's and order the worst shit possible just to hate on them.

I laughed at this way more than I should.

Though I have to admit I too hate pretentious stuff like that.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
A place here called Axiom Coffee put up a banner saying, "We support the blue! (and the military too)". Was really interested in giving them a try until that. Just an off putting unnecessary thing I don't need with my coffee.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I'm pretty pissed at my current bank, BMO Harris. Got a house loan through them and their underwriter sent me through the works because it needed a sump pump put in the unfinished, concrete basement. Couldn't just get a contractor to come verify it was fine no. Had to be an actual fucking engineer. Closed a week late and cost me like $400.

Thinking of refinancing in a month or two with a different bank just to spite them.

There's a concert venue in the area--Cavalier Theater--that I had a pissy experience with, but it's one of the best theaters in the area so I'll keep going back simply because of the lack of choice. But I swear to god they watered down one of their beers, and when i was like "oh this tastes wrong. i drink this a lot" the bartender poured herself a cup and went "tastes fine to me" and just stared at me like i wasn't gonna do shit.

So now I sneak my own booze in since their security sucks.

Oct 29, 2017
Went to a McDonalds, got a fish sandwich. The bun and fillet are smaller than before and it is more expensive. Whatever.

Then I see the cheese slice is rectangular, it isn't even a full square of cheese. Fuck those motherfuckers.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It was a long time ago, but I remember he had longer hair and was a bit scruffy.

I was telling this story again a number of years later and he happened to be in line behind me at the shoppers downtown and he re-affirmed his position and was just as pissy about it, lol.
That's shitty man, heroes is always hit or miss for me, but never that bad, that's reserved for World's Away

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
The location this occurred at closed down now (karma?). But Shane Co. jewelers will forever be on my shitlist for coercing my (rather passive) former fiancée into their back office to be strip-searched when a wedding band she was looking at with the lady behind the counter suddenly went up missing. (It was subsequently found on the counter in an allegedly hard-to-see spot.)

Hearing about this from her after she got home, it was everything she could do to keep me from calling the cops on the responsible store personnel and pressing charges for sexual assault.

Nov 2, 2017
Double Wide, a bar here in Dallas. Back in 2016, there was a whole thing where there was a biker at the bar wearing a vest with multiple bits of Nazi symbology (iron cross, SS logo, and a patch for a white supremacist prison gang). Some folks at the bar confronted him about his Nazi shit and got threatened for doing it, bar finally takes notice and takes action... by kicking out the people who confronted him and siding with the Nazi. When local antifa complained about them seemingly having no problem with white supremacist symbology being openly displayed, the bar started making up bullshit about how they were just trying to get free booze by complaining and then decided that it'd be a good idea to have a "Wear Whatever You Want" party. Always a great response to the request that maybe you shouldn't allow white supremacist symbols to be openly worn in your establishment.

Sadly, I've been back in there since, because they're also a concert venue and my brother's band has played the venue a few times. Whenever I go, I just pay the door fee and then try to not give them any money beyond that.

Last edited: