• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's gonna wanna buy merch of a transformation that gets owned asap, a much anticipated new from? It ain't over yet
.... or they really fucked up.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
how do you give a man a new power up in one chapter but make him a jobber in the next?
That's Dragon Ball since Tien learned the mafuba only to get bodied by Piccolo right after if you aren't Goku, or Gohan once, then you aren't beating the main villain and you might not even beat his goons either.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Goku got bodied by Jiren in the exact same episode he learned UI. This is Dragon Ball and the writing is beyond garbage.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goku got bodied by Jiren in the exact same episode he learned UI. This is Dragon Ball and the writing is beyond garbage.

I think my favorite bit of nonsense from the ToP was how people had to try and hold back and not totally burn themselves out... by fighting even harder and more than they had before.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not following the manga but as soon as I read that he had a new form early in an arc... You had to know how it was going to end up.

Can Toryiama just hand the reigns to Geets? Once?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am more annoyed that the villain is named...Granola.

Granola. Really?

I know Dragon Ball likes its food puns but really? It's the stuff that makes the most worthless type of bars.
These comments are so annoying because they aren't even true.
BoG - He lost
F - Got blind sided, later blind sided Freeza with Whis's help
Champa arc - He forfeit
FT arc - He lost
US Arc - Team win with Freeza and 17
Broly - Gogeta wins, so it's just as much a Vegeta win as a Goku one
Moro arc - Team win for Goku, Vegeta and Uub
Piccolo forfeited in the Universe 6/7 Arc to Frost, not Vegeta.
Vegeta nets new power.
Vegeta gets clapped by villain
Goku gets final win.

Rinse, Repeat.

After Resurrection F, i expect nothing from the writing with regards to Vegeta.
Hey now, let's be fair.

Gohan got the final win in the Cell/Android Saga, not Goku. And Vegeta helped out a little!

That makes it different.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it was Vegeta who made the difference since even Ghostku couldn't get Gohan to finish off Cell when the latter stepped in until Vegeta caught Cell off-guard.

Even after Vegeta Gohan was just chilling until ghostku, correctly, identified that it was now his chance. The rest was trivial from there.

Last edited:

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Are the things happening in the manga even canon to the new movie coming out? If not I really don't care about them.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Are the things happening in the manga even canon to the new movie coming out? If not I really don't care about them.
The manga is canon, the movie itself? Probably but we don't know when it takes place.. they could easily say a few weeks after Broly. Similar to how at the beginning of Broly they have a throwaway line about ToP had happened.

Dec 25, 2020
Haven't read the spoilers, but judging by reactions I'mma guess this tweet is relevant

At this point, this should never end.
It should be every mangaka and showrunner's job to let Vegeta keep up with the latest power ups only to get tossed around like a rag doll.

Every. single. time.

Only then you will always know you're watching/reading the Dragon Ball you know and love.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The manga is canon, the movie itself? Probably but we don't know when it takes place.. they could easily say a few weeks after Broly. Similar to how at the beginning of Broly they have a throwaway line about ToP had happened.

The Manga for Super is Canon?
Lest im mistaken the things after ToP are manga only and likely wont be in the next movie or even if Super anime comes back.

Cuz this Vegeta form is fucking wack.....I dont mind a God of Destruction mode or whatever similar to Toppo but that brow and then getting jobbed literally the chapter we get a full view of the form is a frikken joke.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Lest im mistaken the things after ToP are manga only and likely wont be in the next movie or even if Super anime comes back.

Cuz this Vegeta form is fucking wack.....I dont mind a God of Destruction mode or whatever similar to Toppo but that brow and then getting jobbed literally the chapter we get a full view of the form is a frikken joke.
It's canon but things play out differently so the anime takes its own liberties. One thing I wished from the manga that didn't make it to the anime was Gohan's Piccolo Gi for ToP.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017

I think the manga is still using Toriyama outlines so when (HOPE) the anime comes back they either adapt the outlines and not just copy the manga or skip over the manga stuff for whatever Toriyama comes up with next.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter is out and would you look at that, Vegeta didn't lose this chapter. Most of the chapter is him smacking Granolah around and at the end Granolah blows up a blast in his face but the fight isn't over. Also no mention of his senzu being destroyed when he took off his armor.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Dear god the art is downright amateurish at times.
The anatomy has never been this bad, it's like reading an American comic.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Without filler, from the original manga.
We have :
Jobgeta vs :

Son Goku : win
Goku's friend : straight loss, got his tail cut by Yajirobe, bodied by Oozaru's Sangohan

Cui or whatever his name is who had the same power level as Jobgeta : Win
Dodoria : Win
Zarbon 1 : Loss
Zarbon 2 : Win
Recoome : Loss
Jess : Win
Frieza 1st form : Loss
Frieza final form : Loss

Android 20 : Win
Android 18 : Loss
Cell 2nd form : was Winning but then
Perfect Cell : Loss
Perfecter Cell : Loss

Rando guy in Babidi's basement : Win
Son Goku : Draw
Buu : Loss
Kid Buu : Loss

And that's it from the top of my head.

Oh and he also killed Nappa after Goku ragdolled him if that count for something.

It's missing the fact that even if Goku is the one that beats Recoome and Burter, Vegeta is actually the one that kills the whole Ginyu Force except for Ginyu himself. I consider that a 4Ws for my dude Vegeta.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Without filler, from the original manga.
We have :
Jobgeta vs :

Son Goku : win
Goku's friend : straight loss, got his tail cut by Yajirobe, bodied by Oozaru's Sangohan

Cui or whatever his name is who had the same power level as Jobgeta : Win
Dodoria : Win
Zarbon 1 : Loss
Zarbon 2 : Win
Recoome : Loss
Jess : Win
Frieza 1st form : Loss
Frieza final form : Loss

Android 20 : Win
Android 18 : Loss
Cell 2nd form : was Winning but then
Perfect Cell : Loss
Perfecter Cell : Loss

Rando guy in Babidi's basement : Win
Son Goku : Draw
Buu : Loss
Kid Buu : Loss

And that's it from the top of my head.

Oh and he also killed Nappa after Goku ragdolled him if that count for something.

What people seem to forget is that Vegeta is consistently the one that Goku falls back on to achieve the final win in the end - even if Vegeta ends up beaten and doesnt deliver the final blow alot of the time, the earth and Goku´s friends would have been dead a hundred times over without him. He also plays an equal pivotal role to defeating the final boss, Buu, as Goku does. Without Vegeta there would be no Vegito and it was Vegetas idea to defeat Buu with a Genkidama fueled by the power of the all humanity.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's missing the fact that even if Goku is the one that beats Recoome and Burter, Vegeta is actually the one that kills the whole Ginyu Force except for Ginyu himself. I consider that a 4Ws for my dude Vegeta.
It's obviously not in the original series, but he one-shot kills Ginyu in DBS.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

HOLY SHIT, it's called ULTRA EGO?!?!?! That's DOPE!!!

Also:

People left out that when vegeta "lost" (which isnt really accurate), he was wounded badly. He even seems to notice he is pushing his body to the limit mid fight. He seemed more concerned with that limit than granolah. It seems there is a limit to the damage he can take before his power has diminishing returns. His sight was going bad. Also this was the "first time" he used the form as well. This isnt nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Sure, he "lost" (although the fight is still just getting started technically), but it was in a much better way than just getting dunked on like people made it seem. Granollah got one lucky shot off on him so what? They made it seem like he got dragged and shit!

Also:
"Oil"
"Oatmeel"

LMAOOO

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT, it's called ULTRA EGO?!?!?! That's DOPE!!!

Also:

People left out that when vegeta "lost" (which isnt really accurate), he was wounded badly. He even seems to notice he is pushing his body to the limit mid fight. He seemed more concerned with that limit than granolah. It seems there is a limit to the damage he can take before his power has diminishing returns. His sight was going bad. Also this was the "first time" he used the form as well. This isnt nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Sure, he "lost" (although the fight is still just getting started technically), but it was in a much better way than just getting dunked on like people made it seem. Granollah got one lucky shot off on him so what? They made it seem like he got dragged and shit!

Also:
"Oil"
"Oatmeel"

LMAOOO
He also has a senzu.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean we're counting wins in battle, not kills
What people seem to forget is that Vegeta is consistently the one that Goku falls back on to achieve the final win in the end - even if Vegeta ends up beaten and doesnt deliver the final blow alot of the time, the earth and Goku´s friends would have been dead a hundred times over without him. He also plays an equal pivotal role to defeating the final boss, Buu, as Goku does. Without Vegeta there would be no Vegito and it was Vegetas idea to defeat Buu with a Genkidama fueled by the power of the all humanity.
Vegito was basically pointless as far as overall plot goes, let's call it what it is : fanservice or Toriyama having fun with the fusion concept for a while.
It's a nice diversion that fills up a few pages in volume 42.
And really for the final buu fight, big buu actually put up a fight there. Vegeta was collecting Ls like they were going out of style.
Vegeta's only purpose in the final buu part is being Goku's hype man and taking Ls.

The dude is really just there as a hype man for Goku and taking Ls.