• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So what you're saying is I need to find a sugar daddy?

On it.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yep pretty much.

Speaking from my own personal experience i don't think i would've been able to move social classes from my minimum wage job to where i'm now (basically upper middleclass) knowing people outside of my background.
Many of my life movements have been the result of chance and me taking opportunities where I could with people within or above my general class. I maintain these opportunities with my own capabilities, but getting your foot in the door can be primarily out of your control.

Which is probably why we need to shore up our social systems so that people have more freedom to actually achieve their goals of their own accord.
So what you're saying is I need to find a sugar daddy?

On it.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/fJkTsWCMViRYA/giphy.gif

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Rich folk have a compulsive need to show off their wealth and influence, which doesn't matter to other rich folk but could change the life of regular people.

Yes it does. They are more casual and sometimes transactional about it (whereas a less fortunate person might feel indebted to their benefactor for life over one golden ticket), but easy access to important networks is one of the keys to maintaining wealth and power