• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
México
I will get a vasectomy on Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. and according to the doctor, it will take 30 minutes (or even less) to finish the procedure.

So, Era. How was your experience?

I would post pictures/video of the procedure, but I don't think my genitals are that good looking.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fine. Ask for a Xanax. Quick and easy, week of recovery for me. However, I'm currently suffering some mild pain in one of my surgical areas but think I know the cause. If it doesn't clear up I'll go back to the doc.

Had it done two years ago.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I think I should get one, that way I can have sex without worrying about impregnating others, but then I remember that 1, I'm only 21, 2 I've never even had sex before so it's really a non-issue at the moment and 3, everyone I know would think I'm crazy for considering it.

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Yep, mines was easy, worst part of the procedure was having a sponge full of iced water dumped in my lap just prior to tighten things up.

Give yourself a few days to recover though. I tried to rush back to my day to day and picked up a minor infection.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Sometimes I think I should get one, that way I can have sex without worrying about impregnating others, but then I remember that 1, I'm only 21, 2 I've never even had sex before so it's really a non-issue at the moment and 3, everyone I know would think I'm crazy for considering it.
I don't know how it is in your country, but I will get mine for free (we have free health care here in my country), but we had to go to a Family Planning talk with the doctor (around 10 minutes) so he could authorize it.

I don't know if they can deny the procedure depending on the age or something.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
After an alarming number of "surprise" pregnancies among my circle of friends/acquaintances, I'm seriously considering it.

Apparently they have a bladeless procedure now.

Oct 28, 2017
Always considered it but never been sure of it. If I were to ever to have children, I'd rather adopt someone and give them the world than create another mouth to feed on this earth.

Got any reasons, OP? Just curious, and its cool if you'd rather stay shut about it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty great in the long run. I was kinda tender for about a week but since then no problems. Not having to worry about accidental pregnancies is freaking awesome.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Always considered it but never been sure of it. If I were to ever to have children, I'd rather adopt someone and give them the world than create another mouth to feed on this earth.

Got any reasons, OP? Just curious, and its cool if you'd rather stay shut about it.
Well, I'm 35 and my wife is 36. We have a little daughter (she is about to be 4). We love her, and we feel one is enough for us. That simple.

Having another baby at this age would be very difficult. Jus the thought of getting up every 2 hours at night because the baby is hungry scares me.

Oct 29, 2017
It's really really really important to take it easy for a few days afterwards. Sit and rest, and keep ice on it 24x7. For god's sake, do not try to be a hero.

Here's the strange thing, after a couple days of keeping your junk cooled all the time, it starts to feel really nice. At least for me. :) I started craving that ice pack lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm 35 and my wife is 36. We have a little daughter (she is about to be 4). We love her, and we feel one is enough for us. That simple.

Having another baby at this age would be very difficult. Jus the thought of getting up every 2 hours at night because the baby is hungry scares me.

Yeah that's sensible, I respect that. I'm in my late 20's, my girlfriend of 6 years now is vehemently against the idea of kids, so I doubt we'll ever have one, or even adopt. Should probably just get it done.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Got mine about 5 years ago, no real side effects since. Surgery felt weird, but not really too painful. Good luck OP!

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, I've been thinking about making this same thread. I'm in the same boat, just haven't scheduled my appointment yet.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
When I had mine, I lie down on the table and the nurse comes in. I had trimmed a lot down the day before, as instructed. She grabs a surgical sponge thing with iodine(?) on it to prep both sides where the surgeon goes in.
Her: "can you move it upwards?"
Me: pointing it as if I'm about to pee.
Her: "No, the other way"
Me: confused and embarrassed look on my face.
Her "That way" and points at my belly/chest.

Have fun.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
When I had mine, I lie down on the table and the nurse comes in. I had trimmed a lot down the day before, as instructed. She grabs a surgical sponge thing with iodine(?) on it to prep both sides where the surgeon goes in.
Her: "can you move it upwards?"
Me: pointing it as if I'm about to pee.
Her: "No, the other way"
Me: confused and embarrassed look on my face.
Her "That way" and points at my belly/chest.

Have fun.
Was it done with a scalpel or was is the No-Scalpel technique?

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I'm about 2 years post-surgery. Went fine. Scalpal. Not much pain I can remember. My doc was nice and it was just me and him in the room (most people I've talked to have 3 or 4 other staff in there to help). He told me when he had his done, he went to another hospital only to find out some of his former staff worked there and all showed up to help.

Me and the wife's sex life is better now I think. Its nice to not deal with condoms anymore. Now we put other weird shit on my dick.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Had it done about 4 years ago. No regrets at all. Definitely take it easy right after and keep some ice packs on deck.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Super quick and easy, and my doctor was super funny to lighten the mood. My wife was in the room with me the whole time, too. In and out.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Got the procedure done 4 years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. Swelling was down within a week and I was able to resume lovemaking right afterwards.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine went fine. Had a few days of soreness but otherwise was good. Most frustrating part was going back to condoms until we got the all clear. My doctor eventually told me that it wasn't a time thing but a "how many ejaculations post surgery" thing. I was like, "shit I can crank out all the lagging swimmers in a week if that's what it takes" but I stayed safe. I heard about someone who didn't listen to the doctor's timeline and ended up with twins post vasectomy surgery. Oops lol.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
30 mins? Took about 5 mins for mine.

I did not wear tight enough underwear or a jockstrap so I was pretty sore for about 5 days.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I had it done when I was 38 (6 years ago)

Here is a post I made back then..

Me and the Wife decided that one of us should have a Vasectomy, and I volunteered because she was the one who (for very natural reasons) gave birth to our lovely daughters. So naturally it was my time to have some pain.

Not only a Vasectomy, because 3 years ago I found a lump on one of my testicles. It turned out it was a completely innocent cyst, that many men will have and it will never bother them.
But my cyst was bothering me, I had a lot of pain around my genetalia.. so the doctor told me that he could remove the cyst at the same time as he did the Vasectomy. It would be a simple surgery..

So fast forward to last week.. I went to the hospital and got checked in. It was going to be a simple surgery, where they made two small incisions at the top of my sack. There would not be much pain or discomfort.

After a long wait I finally went under surgery (I was his fifth patient doing surgery on that day). I went under full narcosis (don´t know the english word for that), and woke up 1 hour later.. I had ALOT of pain, so they gave me morphine and it helped.
Then I decided to take a look at the two small cuts the doctor had made.. but oh my.. there were no small cuts, just a big swollen nutsack with a big bandaid over it..

I was told to wait for the doctor to go his rounds and talk to him about the surgery. He came two hours later, and told he didn´t have time right now, I had to sleep at the hospital and speak with him the next morning. That was a bit strange because before surgery I was told that I could leave 3-4 hours after the surgery.

Next moning the doctor talked to me, for 1 minute.. he didn´t have time because he had lots of patients. He said everything looked fine, and I could return to work next week. And he would see me again in half a year. But I would feel pain because he had cut my nut sack up and fondled my testicles a lot during the surgery. It would feel like someone had kicked me 100 times in the balls. That was it, I was released from the hosptal and took a bus home.

I showed the wound to my wife. And she told me that she had never seen such an ugly surgery before.. she couldn´t believe this was done in 2013.
Today a week later I can see why she said that. It is a big ugly 5-10 cm. scar at the bottom of my nutsack. It goes all the way from one side to the other, and it looks like the doctor just rolled up the skin and sewed it together in a big hurry.

And the fucking pain man.. they told me that there would be a little pain for a short time. At first I had to take painkillers every fourth hour, that lasted for 4 days. It felt like somebody had kicked my balls 20 times. My left testicle (where the cyst was removed from) was 4 time the size of the other testicle and everything was black and swollen.

But don't let me scare you..

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

Me and the Wife decided that one of us should have a Vasectomy, and I volunteered because she was the one who (for very natural reasons) gave birth to our lovely daughters. So naturally it was my time to have some pain.

Not only a Vasectomy, because 3 years ago I found a lump on one of my testicles. It turned out it was a completely innocent cyst, that many men will have and it will never bother them.
But my cyst was bothering me, I had a lot of pain around my genetalia.. so the doctor told me that he could remove the cyst at the same time as he did the Vasectomy. It would be a simple surgery..

So fast forward to last week.. I went to the hospital and got checked in. It was going to be a simple surgery, where they made two small incisions at the top of my sack. There would not be much pain or discomfort.

After a long wait I finally went under surgery (I was his fifth patient doing surgery on that day). I went under full narcosis (don´t know the english word for that), and woke up 1 hour later.. I had ALOT of pain, so they gave me morphine and it helped.
Then I decided to take a look at the two small cuts the doctor had made.. but oh my.. there were no small cuts, just a big swollen nutsack with a big bandaid over it..

I was told to wait for the doctor to go his rounds and talk to him about the surgery. He came two hours later, and told he didn´t have time right now, I had to sleep at the hospital and speak with him the next morning. That was a bit strange because before surgery I was told that I could leave 3-4 hours after the surgery.

Next moning the doctor talked to me, for 1 minute.. he didn´t have time because he had lots of patients. He said everything looked fine, and I could return to work next week. And he would see me again in half a year. But I would feel pain because he had cut my nut sack up and fondled my testicles a lot during the surgery. It would feel like someone had kicked me 100 times in the balls. That was it, I was released from the hosptal and took a bus home.

I showed the wound to my wife. And she told me that she had never seen such an ugly surgery before.. she couldn´t believe this was done in 2013.
Today a week later I can see why she said that. It is a big ugly 5-10 cm. scar at the bottom of my nutsack. It goes all the way from one side to the other, and it looks like the doctor just rolled up the skin and sewed it together in a big hurry.

And the fucking pain man.. they told me that there would be a little pain for a short time. At first I had to take painkillers every fourth hour, that lasted for 4 days. It felt like somebody had kicked my balls 20 times. My left testicle (where the cyst was removed from) was 4 time the size of the other testicle and everything was black and swollen.

Holy shit. That sounds like a hell of a recovery period, and as a man considering a vasectomy and also has a cyst that could be removed at the same time, gives me pause. At least for the cyst removal part of it.

Did you eventually recover fully without any other intervention or did that require followup visits?

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. That sounds like a hell of a recovery period, and as a man considering a vasectomy and also has a cyst that could be removed at the same time, gives me pause. At least for the cyst removal part of it.

Did you eventually recover fully without any other intervention or did that require followup visits?

Everything was fine after some time.. never had anything else done.. took a month or 2 to get back to normal.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
welcome to the party. best decision i ever made.

i was in and out inside of an hour. the only negative (which i imagine is a rare occasion) is that the local anesthetic didnt take on one of my nuts and i felt the doctor starting to root around in my nutsack and i almost passed out from the pain. after that, totally cool, gave me another shot in the ball, all good.

got home, sat on some frozen peas for awhile, and the phone call telling me i had zero motile sperm was one of the best calls i ever received. i even left a mandatory work meeting to take it, then promptly drove two and a half hours to visit my then GF, now fiancee to raw dog it. was rad.

Jul 20, 2018
Got mine done in February. It hurt pretty badly during the procedure but recovery was a breeze. I was just a little sore the next day but felt fine doing everything.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México

Damn, man. That sounds scary as hell.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I've been asked about doing it, and I always say "NO". If it's not something that is detrimental to my health if don't do it, then I'm not doing it.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Getting my nuts done next Thursday. I'm nervous as hell, but the procedure is supposed to last like 10 minutes.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
One of us, one of us

Did it with scalpel and was honestly not bad. Whole thing took about 20 minutes. The worst part was my anxiety leading up to the procedure. Once I was injected with the numbing agent (which barely hurt) I only felt a slight tugging here and there. It wasn't painful, but that sensation still haunts me a bit. It's very weird.
Make sure you wear either tight boxers or a jock strap to hold the boys and gauze together. You don't want them flopping free anytime soon.

Recover was okay. I got some heavy meds prescribed in case I needed them, but only took a couple pills. There's definitely some discomfort, but nothing terrible. Just use recovery as an excuse to lie in bed or the couch and watch movies and video game for 2 days. I was gingerly walking around after about 36 hours, but didn't do anything strenuous for about a week.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I'm beyond jealous! Best of luck and a swift recovery to everyone getting it done, I'll join you all eventually 😭