• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

At least put in Gerald, Valerie, &/or Clyde as far as Black characters go. Not to mention El Tigre & Ronnie Anne regarding Latino characters. But otherwise, not a terrible list. I guess Fairly Odd Parents (& by extension, My Life as a Teenage Robot) does have legal red tape blocking Timmy from getting in. Cool to have Zuko, but he isn't really a big surprise. And Susie's how an option since Tommy is getting in.

Source: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl files (posted by Nick All Star Brawl News on Twitter)

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
They're not confirmed at all. There was a datamine listing of a lot of announcer voice lines for many characters. Those are likely placeholder listing.
AEbZaMu.png

The only characters that are likely confirmed are Garfield and Shredder for the two free post release characters as there is a Garfield dream stage and Garfield files. As for Shredder, there are other files outside announcer lines which give him the code name Cheese like cheese grater.

87po23Q.png
5m0rrqka5kr71.png

Also the dataminer did say that they couldn't find anything for Frederator cartoons like Fairly Odd Parents or My Life as a Teenage Robot.
e5GqxIi.png

Last edited:

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Yeah, it's been discussed in the official Discord that all the announcer files are there as either placeholders or distractions so people can't figure out the potential DLC characters.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Even if these are mere placeholders, then there still isn't a black or latino placeholder 🤷

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
There's nothing particularly indicating that most of those characters will actually be playable; they're just a small part of a much, much larger list of announcer calls they've prepared just in case they decide to add these characters later down the line. Here's a full list of them I posted in the game's OT:

Alright, there's a video with all the datamined announcer clips now:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
  • "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Splinter
  • Casey Jones
  • Shredder
  • Krang
  • Beebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Foot Clan
  • Metalhead
  • Katara
  • Sokka
  • Prince Zuko
  • Uncle Iroh
  • Azula
  • Jet
  • King Bumi
SpongeBob SquarePants:
  • Squidward Tentacles
  • Mr. Krabs
  • Plankton
  • Mermaid Man
  • Barnacle Boy
Rugrats:
  • Tommy Pickles
  • Chuckie Finster
  • Angelica Pickles
  • Susie Carmichal
Danny Phantom:
  • Dark Danny
  • Skulker
  • Vlad Plasmius
The Ren & Stimpy Show:
  • Ren Hoek
  • Stimpy
The Wild Thornberrys:
  • Eliza Thornberry
  • Donnie Thornberry
Invader Zim:
  • Gir
Rocko's Modern Life:
  • Rocko
  • Filbert
Jimmy Neutron:
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Cindy Vortex
Garfield:
  • Garfield

The only post-launch characters 100% confirmed are Garfield and Shredder as they have additional assets beyond the announcer calls.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
While I understand the dev saying "none of these are confirmed just placeholder blah blah blah" I'm going to bet 95% chance this these are the dlc characters we're getting and if we get more beyond this it'll be due to the game/dlc selling way above expectations. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if they just did a Nick Smash 2 over another season of dlc for this game.

NotSoren

Jul 15, 2020
I really hope Zuko gets in, but otherwise it's good that they are just placeholders. All males and no POC would be really meh. El Tigre would be perfect for a game like this to give one example.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
While I understand the dev saying "none of these are confirmed just placeholder blah blah blah" I'm going to bet 95% chance this these are the dlc characters we're getting and if we get more beyond this it'll be due to the game/dlc selling way above expectations. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if they just did a Nick Smash 2 over another season of dlc for this game.
Launch roster of 20 characters and 40 DLC characters?

Oct 25, 2017

At least put in Gerald, Valerie, &/or Clyde as far as Black characters go. Not to mention El Tigre & Ronnie Anne regarding Latino characters. But otherwise, not a terrible list. I guess Fairly Odd Parents (& by extension, My Life as a Teenage Robot) does have legal red tape blocking Timmy from getting in. Cool to have Zuko, but he isn't really a big surprise. And Susie's how an option since Tommy is getting in.

Source: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl files (posted by Nick All Star Brawl News on Twitter)

Am I kissing something, what legal red tape? If they can get Danny Phantom why couldn't they get Fairy Odd Parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.