• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt he cares at this point he already made his money and probably any involvement when he sold it.

Given the way he talks about himself on Twitter, he honestly appears to be someone who cares a great deal what others think about him.

Is that for real? That's completely unbelievable if it is. You wouldn't think someone who singlehandedly built a game that is as all about community spirit as Minecraft would post garbage like that. I don't get why is he so angry after making so much money like he did, does he feel heterosexuals are marginalised or something.

That's exactly what he thinks. White men too.

Also he found the perfect woman who didn't want him because she was intimidated by his success and went to a "normal" man, you how how girls are. Also trans women aren't women, etc. He's tweeted about believing in Q Anon.

He has a pattern.

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
thumb_11-37-ktweet-no81joy.png

Wow fuck.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Notch's career trajectory has been fascinating to watch. He dropped the defining game of a generation out of nowhere, and then hasn't done a single cool thing since. At least Ted Nugent plays Wang Dang Sweet Pootang in between running his fool mouth.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Notch's career trajectory has been fascinating to watch. He dropped the defining game of a generation out of nowhere, and then hasn't done a single cool thing since.
once you're given 2.5 billion dollars you could do any number of things, start a new company, invest, whatever you want

you can even buy a house full of now-rotten candy and make shitty tweets all day

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, maybe we have different interpretations of social media. I see it more as a diary almost. Not a place to give official statements.

I don't know everything he posted. I don't keep up with internet drama. I saw a few people calling him names over one or two tweets and read them and didn't see the big deal. He's allowed to be stupid. I don't think he's hurting anyone by posting something to twitter. No one cares what notch thinks.
You don't think the incredibly influential creator of one of the best selling games of all time who has an absolute ton of adolescent followers is hurting anyone by spewing transphobic, homophobic, alt right garbage on a public platform?

You fuckin serious?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i really don't buy the "sorry i didn't know he said that!" shit people pull in these threads. you were so fucking sure before

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuckin Christ what an absolute piece of shit. He literally just admitted to being ok with murder. Why the fuck is this allowed on Twitter?
The CEO is fine with it considering he outright protected Alex Jones from getting banned until he personally annoyed him

i really don't buy the "sorry i didn't know he said that!" shit people pull in these threads. you were so fucking sure before

"Even though it takes five seconds to google this for myself, I absolutely do not believe that he did this"

Its literally the same shit in every thread. Its ridiculous

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had an old memory of botch like 10 years ago when I followed him on Twitter and thought he was kind of cool. I'm shook

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
I just had an old memory of botch like 10 years ago when I followed him on Twitter and thought he was kind of cool. I'm shook

Same. Just a month ago or so I went back to Twitter. I'd never used it much to begin with, but when I saw Notch tweet something I realized I followed him back in like 2008. Cringed real hard and scrubbed my follows completely clean.

Oct 25, 2017
He said he didn't give a fuck about muslims being shot.....how is that not stating that he's ok with murder?
Not caring about something isn't being okay with it. It's a leap, otherwise you would've quoted him directly.

Not caring about the Note Dame fire doesn't make me pro building burning.

Let's stick to criticizing his actual words.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He said he didn't give a fuck about muslims being shot.....how is that not stating that he's ok with murder?
Not caring about something isn't being okay with it. It's a leap, otherwise you would've quoted him directly.

Yeah pretty much what Bobo is saying. It's obviously not a good sentiment to share, but it's not what he's saying literally. There's enough crazy shit to criticize him for without misinterpreting his words.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
You don't think the incredibly influential creator of one of the best selling games of all time who has an absolute ton of adolescent followers is hurting anyone by spewing transphobic, homophobic, alt right garbage on a public platform?

You fuckin serious?
I wasn't aware of the stuff notch posted or that there was a pattern. sorry. thank you to all who pointed it out

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I remember his twits and shitty comments, but can somebody explain to me this one "it's ok to be white"? Is this taken out of context or is it an alt right slur? I don't get it

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I remember his twits and shitty comments, but can somebody explain to me this one "it's ok to be white"? Is this taken out of context or is it an alt right slur? I don't get it
General alt right stuff where they take the increasing focus on white supremacy and neo nazis and turn it into "Don't let the reverse racists hate who you are!!", cause alt right loves to play victim and pretend whites are the most persecuted people around.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

It's a phrase people use to 'fight back' against some imaginary white hating boogeyman. Nobody says it's not okay to be white. People say to push the notion that white people are being attacked or replaced in western countries.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame that the person who created what was the equivalent of Tetris, or Super Mario Bros, of this generation turned out to be such an awful person.

There was a point in time when I felt sorry for some of the abuse he received whenever he failed to do his weekly Minecraft update (one particular instance I remember was when he received an award for it). Now I feel sorry that he has as much exposure as he does and his vitriol and hatred hits millions of eyeballs on Twitter.

I hope the current community and the old one eventually come to realize what type of person he is and distance themselves from him even further. Fuck him.

Kudos to Microsoft for taking a stance on this. Too many corporations excuse or turn a blind eye to these sorts of "opinions", like Twitter.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dude's constantly complaining about how sad and lonely he is.

This idea that he doesn't care because he's rich has missed literally everything about him. All he does is care about how much of a victim he thinks he is.
I remember right after minecraft was brought he had a party and the pictures he looked miserable. In a room with like a 100 kinds of candy literally on tap

circuit

Oct 27, 2017

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...-trove-of-private-chat-room-messages-reveals/

The outward signs could be mild – a student who criticizes political correctness or who puts up posters that defend Western civilization. But the discussions behind those actions reveal a troubling, insidious process of radicalization.

In the fall of 2017, a spate of postering campaigns around the University of Toronto campus attracted attention on social media and the student press. The posters carried a simple but provocative slogan: "It's Okay To Be White." The thinking behind that slogan was articulated in a post that appeared on 4chan, the image-based internet forum, which called for followers to distribute such posters as part of a co-ordinated North America-wide effort to spread white-nationalist propaganda.

"5 words. Simple, elegant, effective. The plan is working. Stick to the plan. There is no phase 2," the 4chan post read. "Work at night. Work with hoodies and sunglasses. Work quickly and move on."

After the postering foray, members of the chat room discussed how they hoped that some people who saw the posters, and who would otherwise be averse to a white-supremacist message, might regard the five-word slogan as reasonable. They talked, as well, about how they hoped the media would inadvertently spread their message.

Similar posters were plastered on campuses across the country, including at the University of Alberta, the University of Regina and the University of Victoria. Soon after, the group shared links to articles in newspapers and on Reddit threads that discussed their handiwork. Participants were excited by how their dog-whistle campaign had gained such coverage: "Bigger and bigger papers are publishing. Like dominoes. Hopefully we're just getting started."

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019

I sort of agree does not make his lack of empathy any better but not caring is not condoning.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, maybe we have different interpretations of social media. I see it more as a diary almost. Not a place to give official statements.

I don't know everything he posted. I don't keep up with internet drama. I saw a few people calling him names over one or two tweets and read them and didn't see the big deal. He's allowed to be stupid. I don't think he's hurting anyone by posting something to twitter. No one cares what notch thinks.

This is a really shitty post, considering Notch has gone on record as saying certain people should be shot.

Like, wow, a really fucking garbage post.