• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

laser

Feb 17, 2018
I mean, maybe we have different interpretations of social media. I see it more as a diary almost. Not a place to give official statements.

I don't know everything he posted. I don't keep up with internet drama. I saw a few people calling him names over one or two tweets and read them and didn't see the big deal. He's allowed to be stupid. I don't think he's hurting anyone by posting something to twitter. No one cares what notch thinks.

LOL. Like clockwork. You haven't kept up with anything and yet Kramers into the thread giving your ignorant opinion. Glad you see racism and transphobia as "not a big deal".

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, maybe we have different interpretations of social media. I see it more as a diary almost. Not a place to give official statements.

I don't know everything he posted. I don't keep up with internet drama. I saw a few people calling him names over one or two tweets and read them and didn't see the big deal. He's allowed to be stupid. I don't think he's hurting anyone by posting something to twitter. No one cares what notch thinks.
I repeat, look at the tweets he's posted before dying on this hill.

Also, dude has millions of followers so a lot of people care.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
"weird tweets"
"private opinions"

You're either actually ignorant to the things he's said or you don't actually care or believe what he said is wrong.

He deserves nothing and everything you're saying is incredibly suspect.
Seriously, that post has so many red flags in it I'm singing the Internationale right now.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
LOL. Like clockwork. You haven't kept up with anything and yet Kramers into the thread giving your ignorant opinion. Glad you see racism and transphobia as "not a big deal".
Okay, i did look up transphobic comments. He comes across as someone ignorant and poorly educated on the subject. I hope he improves on that and can be apart of Minecraft if and when he apologies.

I thought the MS blacklisting was in response to him talking about privilege or something. If there's anything else super damaging, please share it so i can understand.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, i did look up transphobic comments. He comes across as someone ignorant and poorly educated on the subject. I hope he improves on that and can be apart of Minecraft if and when he apologies.

I thought the MS blacklisting was in response to him talking about privilege or something. If there's anything else super damaging, please share it so i can understand.

It's not poor education. He is just a bigot and I dont see why you feel anything for him

Oct 29, 2017
Good, Minecraft isn't even "his" by any definition anymore. The last few major updates haven't had his involvement at all. The game is something else now.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How about doing your own research before you stan for a racist, transphobic piece of shit? It's been posted plenty of times before.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
It's not poor education. He is just a bigot and I dont see why you feel anything for him
I don't like labeling others as bigoted. I have family members sheltered from the outside world. I think a lot of people are generally good at heart and misnformed about certain subjects, but don't mean any harm or malice. I like to hope maybe he's one of these people

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't like labeling others as bigoted. I have family members sheltered from the outside world. I think a lot of people are generally good at heart and misnformed about certain subjects, but don't mean any harm or malice. I like to hope maybe he's one of these people

Stop, notch has all the time and money in the world to be educated. He is clearly just a hateful prick and doesn't deserve anyone's time of day. We have years of notch tweeting and generally being a shit bag where it's clearly passed the point of ignorance. The only person misinformed is you.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Good, he's a trash human. Someone with so much money and instead of doing good he just continues to be shit

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt he cares at this point he already made his money and probably any involvement when he sold it.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What? He is actively using racist and transphobic language. He wants people to know that he thinks these things. He is a billionaire who cannot ever play the I was too sheltered card ( and no this does not excuse your family if they are bigots either)

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
For one you could do some research before participating in certain discussion. How come you already have an opinion about something you haven't even looked up? We're not supposed to spoon-feed you with information while you defend bigotry in the meantime. Instead of hoping for people to be "mislabeled as bigots" you could do some research beforehand. Just my two cents.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this ones a classic

tumblr_pm60g08ViY1ulwd5y_640.jpg

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe, just maybe, you should actually know what it is the person you're defending as "good at heart" has said?

I mean, I'm sure you don't actually care, and are either trying to subtly stan for a bigot or this is an ego, moral high ground thing for you, but Notch has said some truly awful things. And no, his social media isn't a goddamn diary, it's a public platform reaching millions of people. You should care less about how he is secretly a good person inside and more about the real hurt he's pushing to thousands of people.

But, on the off chance that you actually are here to try and have a conversation and learn something (and again, I doubt it considering you decided to defend someone without even bothering to look up what you were defending them for), the please take a look at your "hopes" and realise how they've led you to defend and downplay hate speech.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

He isn't part of Minecraft anymore, since he sold it to Microsoft.

Also, Notch is a member of Mensa. He should be intelligent enough to not post such "ignorant and poorly educated" posts, don't you think?

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Maybe, just maybe, you should actually know what it is the person you're defending as "good at heart" has said?

I mean, I'm sure you don't actually care, and are either trying to subtly stan for a bigot or this is an ego, moral high ground thing for you, but Notch has said some truly awful things. And no, his social media isn't a goddamn diary, it's a public platform reaching millions of people. You should care less about how he is secretly a good person inside and more about the real hurt he's pushing to thousands of people.

But, on the off chance that you actually are here to try and have a conversation and learn something (and again, I doubt it considering you decided to defend someone without even bothering to look up what you were defending them for), the please take a look at your "hopes" and realise how they've led you to defend and downplay hate speech.
Thank you for responding and pointing out that he's said hate speech.

Again, I don't know everything. I dont keep up with notch. I don't have twitter. I was going off accusations in the OP that didn't offer much context or provide many quotes. I just remember him from when i was young in behind the scenes videos. I think he might have been to conventions too. I did see the tweet a few posts above you where he called people cunts, so i have a better sense of why microsft is distancing themselves from him. He's talking like a South Park character. I hope he can mature someday, apologize for what he's said in the past, and be apart of minecraft someday.

I saw maybe two tweets make the front page of reddit and didnt realize it was part of a pattern.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
actually that bottom one is fake too. the original was Women.

wild that it ended up being real though in a sense. life imitating art. also ironic that the person who made that fake image ended up being super racist themselves.
thanks for the info, I'll edit it out

there's already enough shitty tweets to choose from, don't need to get fake ones in there too

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
The guy said shitty things, but he still made the game. It would be like removing the name Richard Wagner from all the operas he composed because he was a disgusting antisemite. There are tons of cases of the love of art having to be separated from the person who created it. Sucks, but it's true.

Nope. Ban him and all that support him. fuck any of this white male power. This is a important time in the world, hope this website sees it the same way.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Lmao.

He's a notorious bigot who has spouted literal hate speech and harmful malice.

Maybe next time inform yourself BEFORE you start commenting on the subject?

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I have almost zero knowledge about this subject and clicked on this thread out of curiosity and to get better informed and while reading about the subject i was confused about a line in the description.
I'm sure there's a context that is there that i don't know about but Why is his tweet "it's ok to be white" included as a negative? Is it some white supremacist or hate group motto or something?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have almost zero knowledge about this subject and clicked on this thread out of curiosity and to get better informed and while reading about the subject i was confused about a line in the description.
I'm sure there's a context that is there that i don't know about but Why is his tweet "it's ok to be white" included as a negative? Is it some white supremacist or hate group motto or something?
Because it's bullshit "endangered white man" nonsense in relation to social progress.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Probably because no one ever said it was wrong to be white to begin with. He's full of shit.

Nov 14, 2017
He deserves credit and recognition at PR events like this. His contributions are instrumental to gaming.

Black listing him like he's a sexual deviant and sending him these subtle F U's arent right. Because of private opinions and ignorance?
Not inviting someone isn't the same as blacklisting them. Will everyone involved in the creation of Minecraft be attending that event?

In any case, anniversary events are an opportunity to celebrate what something means today. If the creator of something has developed reactionary views, why should they still be invited? It'd be like inviting Francis Crick to celebrate the anniversary of discovering DNA or something, as funnily enough he seems to share the same wrong views about IQ as Notch.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay i will. Thank you.

I did not know it was a pattern.

Please do. There's a good reason people were so upset with your posts.

Thank you for understanding the reaction and considering the impact. It's more common for people to play victim and double down, so that was really good to see.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The guy said shitty things, but he still made the game. It would be like removing the name Richard Wagner from all the operas he composed because he was a disgusting antisemite. There are tons of cases of the love of art having to be separated from the person who created it. Sucks, but it's true.

Well this is a pretty good way of separating Minecraft from notch, so...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
He's talking like a South Park character.

i can't believe this is a frame of reference

I hope he can mature someday, apologize for what he's said in the past, and be apart of minecraft someday.

he's 39 years old

we already went over this when notch references were removed from the splash screen. your little heart can rest easy because he's still in the credits.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he was always trending in this direction, and fuck him either way, but Notch is a perfect example of how destructive the Internet can be if you just have nothing else going on. All it takes is the basic inclination to consume this shit, and the algorithms will feed you a constant, increasingly virulent stream of poison.

He could've done anything with that Minecraft money. He shouldn't have any worries in the world. He could've just pulled the plug and gone on a ten-year vacation, but instead...

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't want a person like him at my party either.

He created something, but he doesn't have some natural right to being part of these things even if he's a creator. It's not his baby any more.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
2.5 billion dollars, I had no idea it was that much. And what a piece of garbage it all went to.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good. This guy is absolute scum. It amuses me that Microsoft clearly says he isn't invited because of his "comments and opinions". I can't think of very many professional responses that distinctly call out someone.

Miscend

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that for real? That's completely unbelievable if it is. You wouldn't think someone who singlehandedly built a game that is as all about community spirit as Minecraft would post garbage like that. I don't get why is he so angry after making so much money like he did, does he feel heterosexuals are marginalised or something.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I mean the dude has posted outright bigotry. Don't die on this hill dude, there is zero reason to defend this guy.