• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well done Microsoft. Hopefully this is the norm going forward, if he is excluded from this landmark celebration he should hopefully never come back into the picture.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
When did he start making these comments? Did he become an asshole overnight, or - more than likely - has he always been that guy? Because they certainly didn't mind any comments when they handed him $2.5 billion.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
Cx6PKIQ.gif

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
When did he start making these comments? Did he become an asshole overnight, or - more than likely - has he always been that guy? Because they certainly didn't mind any comments when they handed him $2.5 billion.

He wasn't like this before the purchase. Dude def changed or revealed his true self after he became a billionaire. He was like the darling of the indie game dev world because of his rags to riches story.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I had no idea that Notch had gone off his nut until I heard them discuss it on the Bombcast.

With no evidence at all I like to think that coming a billionaire overnight drove him insane.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea that Notch had gone off his nut until I heard them discuss it on the Bombcast.

With no evidence at all I like to think that coming a billionaire overnight drove him insane.

I'm sure money and influence didn't help, but I'd imagine given his general feelings about white supremecy and trans people I feel like it's more likely he's always been a garbage person, he just likely used to hide it more.

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalences, previous severe infractions
And he sold it to Microsoft so they can do what they want
Remember when everyone banded together and went mental because they removed Hideos name from MGS5, now while Hideo is a legend and notch is.. notch.. this is no different, it's the creators name that's been scrubbed.

Look I'm not here to argue politics I'm just here to say.. it kinda works both ways irrelevant if you like the artist or not.

Oct 25, 2017

I only became aware of him being awful after the sale.

Remember when everyone banded together and went mental because they removed Hideos name from MGS5, now while Hideo is a legend and notch is.. notch.. this is no different, it's the creators name that's been scrubbed.

Look I'm not here to argue politics I'm just here to say.. it kinda works both ways irrelevant if you like the artist or not.

He's still in the credits. No one is pretending he didn't make it.

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
Great move from Microsoft actually taking a stance and it shows they're one of the most progressive of the big tech giants out there, focusing on diversity, equal opportunities and talented people no matter where they come from.

That said, Notch has become such a vile person that's it's pretty hard to not be appalled by his comments.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

He's still in the credits so your point is moot

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I think it started when the GG stuff was happening and he tweeted about it. It's been a while so I don't recall specific tweets.

https://twitter.com/notch/status/936298788636983296

https://twitter.com/notch/status/93...tps://www.gq.com/story/notch-whiteness-tweets

Doesn't think white privilege is real, thinks believing it makes you racist, thinks privilege is something people invented to repress white people.

It's pretty textbook racist white dude on the internet stuff.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, of course. I don't expect them to bring anyone who has never had any involvement in the creation of a game.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He wasn't like this before the purchase. Dude def changed or revealed his true self after he became a billionaire. He was like the darling of the indie game dev world because of his rags to riches story.

By the sounds of it, becoming wealthy has made him way more lonely than he used to be. He's not really accepted in rich circles and isn't an average person anymore to where he can just live a normal life. Not having to work anymore just made it worse since he has nothing to do but indulge in them and the internet all day. He probably always had some problematic views, but now he has nothing better to do but spew them on Twitter.

It's like the epitome of "money can't buy happiness" I think of.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
"Hate speech" would have been a succinct and appropriate way to describe why he was banned. Even by whitewashed corporate speak, "comments and opinions" is a pretty offensive way to put it.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like every day we get another day closer to the world forgetting Notch exists, and we will all be better for it.

Oct 28, 2017
I often wonder if there's a link between Notch being a raging idiot racist and the early support Minecraft got from 4chan. I clearly remember him visiting there often during alpha, posting up new builds and asking for feedback.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious that that sad fuck probably sits in his lonely mansion, no friends. no one who truly likes him without his money and all he can do is act the fool on twitter.

truly the definition of "money cannot buy happiness"

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
That's gotta hurt. Imagine making a game and then being disassociated from it by the world because of your controversial views. Unreal. Actions have consequences.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It's hilarious that that sad fuck probably sits in his lonely mansion, no friends. no one who truly likes him without his money and all he can do is act the fool on twitter.

truly the definition of "money cannot buy happiness"

Don't forget his candy dispensers!

My question is: Did he show any signs of being batshit crazy before selling Mojang and Minecraft?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
He created it and as much as everyone hates him you can't deny the fact.
He created it, sold up, and now he can fuck off.

If he was that precious about his creation he wouldn't have taken Microsoft's billions.

He did, and his name's still credited as creator. MS don't want anything to do with him going forward and Notch sold his right to be involved too.

Not sure what point you're making.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He created it and as much as everyone hates him you can't deny the fact.

His name is still in the credits and he sold the game and made money off of it. No ones denying he creating the game. He created it, but he's not part of it anymore.

Good on Microsoft for not tolerating his stupid comments.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sure, but people know why he's being excluded and "Comments and opinions" is a good way to put it.

Sorry but no.

The framing is clearly pandering to the "overly PC culture" mindset.

They should say he's being banned because he's a bigot.

White washing of racism by the media is a frequent thing since the days of jim crow and even reconstruction. It's complicit in the sustenance of white supremacy