• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
btw do people still think that was Kate in the last Endgame trailer? seems much more likely that it's Clint's daughter

I think it's Clint's daughter, who almost certainly dies in the snap.

Whatever the post-Endgame status quo is, it will probably involve Kate Bishop being a surrogate daughter for Clint, even if his real daughter is brought back to life. Maybe he still remembers losing his daughter, and ends up being protective of Kate.

Can't see this being much like Fraction's run at all. Renner's Hawkeye is a grounded family man. Fraction's Hawkeye is a bum who can't get his shit together and is a constant source of disappointment to everyone else.

He can very easily be traumatized from losing his family (even if they're brought back post-Endgame), so he ends up going through a divorce or separating from his family because he can't handle the thought of losing them again.

Thus we get bum Hawkeye who's just trying to make good while living on his own. Then at the end of the series, his time with Kate leads to him going back to his family again.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm...confused. As somoene who is only caring about the MCU what are this Fraction and Pizza Dog?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I'm...confused. As somoene who is only caring about the MCU what are this Fraction and Pizza Dog?
Matt Fraction wrote a 22(?) issue book on Hawkeye, focused on his life outside of superheroics and his damaged relationships with the people he cares about, all while trying to defend his neighbors and their apartment complex from being taken over by a gang of tracksuit-wearing mobsters. It's a highly-regarded series and easily one of the more elevated books among Marvel's portfolio in the last decade.

810YhrDk40L.jpg

Also he has a dog that likes pizza.

hawkeye-dog.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I've become pretty jaded about superhero TV shows after watching so many of them just a year ago that now I have stopped caring to watch almost any of them, although I do eventually want to catch up on DD Season 3 and still am looking forward to the last 2 seasons of AoS.

That being said, I'm really interested in seeing Marvel Studios move into the TV space on Disney+ with the movie actors telling stories that will at least play off the movies, and tell stories the movies can't, if not be straight up canonical to where they would be referenced by the movies for the first time.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the Disney+ series could be setting up Young Avengers

Kate is in Hawkeye
the twins could show up in Scarlett Witch and Vision
Kid Loki could show up in Loki

Gimme gimme gimme. The question I then have is if stuff on Disney+ will filter up onto the big screen or if will they treat it as a separate, secondary tier (like Netflix/ABC). I'm wondering if a Young Avengers cast could be doomed to remain on Disney+ forever.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
If it's a TV version of the Fraction series, yes please. I don't think Renner is the best fit for the lead role though.

The Fraction series was meme trash, they can do better.
That series has way more going for it than the memes. Imagine dismissing a fantastic series because you don't enjoy one minor facet. Get a grip, god damn.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes

Yes

Omg yes

I am so here for it. Give me Kate Bishop, Feige. DO IT.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Fraction's Clint is way too cool compared to MCU Clint. If this show is going for that version they're gonna have to do some serious rewrite of Clint's character. Not to mention Jeremy Renner isn't exactly likable at first glance.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme gimme gimme. The question I then have is if stuff on Disney+ will filter up onto the big screen or if will they treat it as a separate, secondary tier (like Netflix/ABC). I'm wondering if a Young Avengers cast could be doomed to remain on Disney+ forever.
It's all one shared universe. Meaning movie characters will turn up in the tv shows, develop and get back into the movies. Characters can go back and forth between the two mediums.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I proudly own every single issue for the entire run of the Fraction series. It is easily my favorite Marvel title of the last decade (which admittedly is not saying a whole lot).
I would subscribe for this show alone if they do choose to use it as the source material. No question at all about it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I proudly own every single issue for the entire run of the Fraction series. It is easily my favorite Marvel title of the last decade (which admittedly is not saying a whole lot).
I would subscribe for this show alone if they do choose to use it as the source material. No question at all about it.

Reading that book in real time was tough with all the delays. that said I read Planetary in real time, so I'm toughened and refined like a diamond.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...exactly how big a budget of a show is this? Renner and his agent command major league paydays for anything they do
The show has to have a budget of 100 to 150 million dollars at least, split between 6 or 8 episodes. With a run time of 35/40 to 50 minutes each, leading to the end. With Kate taking over the mantle to join up with the Young Avengers!.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
The show has to have a budget of 100 to 150 million dollars at least, split between 6 or 8 episodes. With a run time of 35/40 to 50 minutes each, leading to the end. With Kate taking over the mantle to join up with the Young Avengers!.
What? this isnt getting that and needs maybe a 20% of that to faithfully do my life as a weapon

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Reading that book in real time was tough with all the delays. that said I read Planetary in real time, so I'm toughened and refined like a diamond.
I was convinced there for awhile Issue #22 was never going to get released.

Cannot say I did the same as I have yet to read it. Planetary came out while I was on one of my many hiatus' from comics over my 44 years on the planet. I keep meaning to check it out as I did catch up on Transmetropolitan and also read in real time Moon Knight by my man so tend to like his writing.

Nowadays delays just seem to be part of the game with most of the publishers I gravitate towards. One of my current favorite publishers is Black Mask Studios and delayed should literally be part of their company name as they are truly the worst offenders I have ever seen. Have also gotten pretty used to it thanks to Image but they always seem to make it worth the wait.

Admittedly the Big 2 are the publishers I am least familiar with these days. Trying to rectify that but I already feel overwhelmed with the amount of titles I read per month. Sitting at around 80 give or take. Around 20 are the big 2.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
he was done wrong by the entire characterization and backstory Whedon came up with for him tbh

Basing his character on the Ultimate version wasn't a bad choice IMO (having a family, etc) but what they did to the character in the movies was (or what they didn't ). Poor developed. Not that Hawkeye was always a great character in the comics, but Hawkguy was the best.

Clay Davis

Jan 8, 2018
Perhaps it's off topic, but might we one day get a War Machine show?

I feel there's a lot of potential with War Machine and it'd be a nice contrast to Tony Stark and Iron Man.

Same - all first-run issues and I even got my question posted and answered in the QA of one of the issues, as well as the digital copies as well.

The delays were insane while reading in real-time but the payoff was worth it. David Aja's art was so perfect for the series and I really enjoyed Fraction's writing.

At the old site, my tag still means something to me, as it was in reference to the Christmas issue - and yes, I do miss that tag 🤣

Can't wait for more details but I was already in for Disney+, this is definitely icing on the cake!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I was convinced there for awhile Issue #22 was never going to get released.

Cannot say I did the same as I have yet to read it. Planetary came out while I was on one of my many hiatus' from comics over my 44 years on the planet. I keep meaning to check it out as I did catch up on Transmetropolitan and also read in real time Moon Knight by my man so tend to like his writing.

Nowadays delays just seem to be part of the game with most of the publishers I gravitate towards. One of my current favorite publishers is Black Mask Studios and delayed should literally be part of their company name as they are truly the worst offenders I have ever seen. Have also gotten pretty used to it thanks to Image but they always seem to make it worth the wait.

Admittedly the Big 2 are the publishers I am least familiar with these days. Trying to rectify that but I already feel overwhelmed with the amount of titles I read per month. Sitting at around 80 give or take. Around 20 are the big 2.

My friend you should start planetary tonight. It's one of the best things in the world. Download hoopla and link your library card and read it for free.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
My fucking wish came true, but I kinda wish Clint would stick with his Ronin persona a little bit longer...

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with the Loki series also announced, how are they convincing Hollywood movie actors to come back down to TV? Because usually once you go movies, you generally don't come back down, with very few exceptions.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So with the Loki series also announced, how are they convincing Hollywood movie actors to come back down to TV? Because usually once you go movies, you generally don't come back down, with very few exceptions.

they're reportedly spending a lot of money on the Marvel and Star Wars series in particular. gotta build that subscriber base

edit: also, they're reportedly only six to eight episodes each

Last edited:

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
If they're continuing with his representation from the MCU so far no thanks. If they're using the amazing solo series as a mold, gimme.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've become pretty jaded about superhero TV shows after watching so many of them just a year ago that now I have stopped caring to watch almost any of them, although I do eventually want to catch up on DD Season 3 and still am looking forward to the last 2 seasons of AoS.

That being said, I'm really interested in seeing Marvel Studios move into the TV space on Disney+ with the movie actors telling stories that will at least play off the movies, and tell stories the movies can't, if not be straight up canonical to where they would be referenced by the movies for the first time.

You should watch Doom Patrol.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Age of Ultron Clint says differently
Yeah Renner just really hasn't been given the best storylines. Most movies in which he appears he has just kind of been...there. His minor focus in AoU though was good and showed that he could do decently if someone actually cared enough to write him into the story. He was one of the few actual enjoyable things about that movie.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Hollywood actors are seeing the writing on the wall that in 5-10 years there's only going to be Disney movies shown in theatres.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to his solo series even that basic attempt was subpar. Better? Yes. But it's like saying poop with corn in it is better than regular poop.

Ok I'm not comparing it to the solo series

Someone said Renner couldn't do the solo series character because he's not likeable

All I was saying is AoU Clint showed that Renner can play a very likeable Hawkeye

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Renner just really hasn't been given the best storylines. Most movies in which he appears he has just kind of been...there. His minor focus in AoU though was good and showed that he could do decently if someone actually cared enough to write him into the story. He was one of the few actual enjoyable things about that movie.

Yup

I could definitely see Renner's Hawkeye say the stuff Fraction's Hawkeye does especially his quip at the end about killing Quicksilver.