• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Grant Gustin only crime was to be an accessory to Chris Klein acting. Just saying, right Lotus?

Feb 16, 2022
Grant Gustin only crime was to be an accessory to Chris Klein acting. Just saying, right Lotus?
bheJEW5.gif

microgreen

Jun 24, 2020
I really don't see how they can continue with The Flash as it is. I don't care how great it tested, if they continue with it the backlash will be far bigger because of all the horrible things Ezra has done. I have a feeling it will only get worse from here. It's not getting that much attention now because Ezra is not that known but if they release the movie then everything will be much more publicized.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
So can this piece of shit finally get locked up now?

I mean it depends on what charge, I presume some crimes they'll have to be charged in other states. They'll have to analyse their state of mind to see if they are fit to stand trial or if they're guilty by insanity. Which will determine if the building they're incarcerated in is a psychiatric ward or a prison. I believe that mental health facilities you may only be released if you are deemed mentally fit. So if that happens before their sentence has ended they spend the rest of their sentence in prison, and if it continues after their sentence then they've actually been incarcerated for longer than their prison sentence. I am unsure how this works in the US, does Ezra serve a sentence for burglary and then get sent to another state where they then get charged for their crimes in that state?

Bonus: I believe there's at least one facility for sex offenders in California that can hold someone indefinitely on mental health charges even after their prison sentence. But I'm unsure if they committed sex crimes in California or if that facility is exclusive to California.

However I'm far from an expert in the judicial system but that's the gist I've picked up.

Feb 16, 2022
One of the thing I'm most baffled with during all this time is that there seemingly isn't anyone around Miller who's capable of telling or even forcing them to stop this shit. No family, friends, colleagues, bosses, nothing. I'm sure someone of their stature in Hollywood must have a figure they'd respect enough to listen to, or someone with enough power above them to force Miller to behave, however begrudgingly. So either none of them spoke up, or none of them are capable of getting Miller to stop.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the thing I'm most baffled with during all this time is that there seemingly isn't anyone around Miller who's capable of telling or even forcing them to stop this shit. No family, friends, colleagues, bosses, nothing. I'm sure someone of their stature in Hollywood must have a figure they'd respect enough to listen to, or someone with enough power above them to force Miller to behave, however begrudgingly. So either none of them spoke up, or none of them are capable of getting Miller to stop.

It's why they isolate themself and their victims by holing up in places like Hawaii and Vermont. It's sort of a last resort of the narcissistic abuser. Sadly I have some experience with this with dad isolating my mom on the complete other side of the country. (ultimately he lost custody of her by nearly neglecting her to death twice)

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
NGL was expecting something worse than this after series of news on what was up with them, but at least they can be put away now for the safety of others.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I guess we all have our own limits/tolerance, but I'm personally just a bit taken aback at how that makes you put them in the same "fuck you" level as Zaslav, WBD, and Miller themselves. Of course, it's all very much your prerogative, as it should be. But I was just wondering if I had missed something else regarding the Muschiettis. That statement was at worst tone deaf, and I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt considering they're bilingual/non-native English speakers, and they likely don't have much say in the decision to say anything much regarding the movie or if it was getting released or not. But this is just me. Thanks for the answer.

They strike me as a little (perhaps wilfully) tone deaf to be honest.

For example, the recent "All is well in Flash land" comment and I personally didn't think it was a great look from Barbara posting a video on her Instagram yesterday celebrating the film's composer and featuring a freeze frame of Ezra and "Property of Warner Bros" in the background, given everything that is happening.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
At this point, Ezra Miller is like Warner Bros' Schrodinger's Cat.

"Surely if we just sit on the Flashpoint movie, this problem will resolve itself right?"

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it depends on what charge, I presume some crimes they'll have to be charged in other states. They'll have to analyse their state of mind to see if they are fit to stand trial or if they're guilty by insanity. Which will determine if the building they're incarcerated in is a psychiatric ward or a prison. I believe that mental health facilities you may only be released if you are deemed mentally fit. So if that happens before their sentence has ended they spend the rest of their sentence in prison, and if it continues after their sentence then they've actually been incarcerated for longer than their prison sentence. I am unsure how this works in the US, does Ezra serve a sentence for burglary and then get sent to another state where they then get charged for their crimes in that state?

Bonus: I believe there's at least one facility for sex offenders in California that can hold someone indefinitely on mental health charges even after their prison sentence. But I'm unsure if they committed sex crimes in California or if that facility is exclusive to California.

However I'm far from an expert in the judicial system but that's the gist I've picked up.
DSH can only house patients who have been charged or sentenced in California.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Back on topic, as mentioned earlier in the thread - if Aquaman 2 has been rejigged to be unconnected to this (rumoured) and then Shazam 2 also doesn't have connections...with Batgirl and Supergirl canned and Keaton's big return ending up being cancelled into oblivion; what exactly is the point of this movie?

Like, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 could both come out and not be affected, the same for Black Adam and a theoretical WW3 (which would complete the trilogy) then after that, just.....go back to focussing on standalones and self-contained movies/trilogies; apart from losing out on the potential money in a shared universe, why not just do that instead?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
All the accounts are from sources connected not just with the film, but with the actual studio that thought it was a good idea to cancel a finished film for a tax cut. WBD and their execs have no credibility as far as I'm concerned, and I call bullshit that Miller can't be replaced. They would have to open their wallets and delay for another year, but it can be done. Will it happen though? Likely not.
yes let's crunch those workers so we can get our flash movie

Just release the movie as-is, and just recast down the line.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, Ezra Miller is like Warner Bros' Schrodinger's Cat.

"Surely if we just sit on the Flashpoint movie, this problem will resolve itself right?"
Does that analogy work ? The cat is suppose to be both alive and dead. We know Miller occupies one position, doing crime.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
From the recent article about Miller from last week from Business Insider, it sounds like Ezra is surrounded by enablers (including a cult-like inner circle of friends that even defends them on social media) some of whom seem to live with Ezra on their farm, maybe even travel with them. Plus according the the article, even their parents enable the behavior, and on top of that, Ezra has the money and fame to travel around the world, avoid legal trouble, and even acquaintances give them the benefit of the doubt when the get assaulted because they are famous and seem nice, until they have mood shifts and violent/angry outbursts or they have heard the news stories of this on-going unstable pattern of behavior that suddenly the red flags click, but by then Ezra has already moved on to another town.

View: https://twitter.com/MelkorkaLicea/status/1555191194111574017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1555191194111574017%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Back on topic, as mentioned earlier in the thread - if Aquaman 2 has been rejigged to be unconnected to this (rumoured) and then Shazam 2 also doesn't have connections...with Batgirl and Supergirl canned and Keaton's big return ending up being cancelled into oblivion; what exactly is the point of this movie?

Like, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 could both come out and not be affected, the same for Black Adam and a theoretical WW3 (which would complete the trilogy) then after that, just.....go back to focussing on standalones and self-contained movies/trilogies; apart from losing out on the potential money in a shared universe, why not just do that instead?
its supposed to lead into a new universe by the end of the movie, they re-shot aquaman because the release dates got moved around

That said they should absolutely move forward with canning this, release what they have, and go from there.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
So, reported May 1, found and served Aug 7, for a citation to be determined at a Sep 26 court date?

Can we, maybe speed this up a bit?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Like I don't know their finances or anything, but I'd have to imagine they wouldn't need to steal liquor (I guess unless there's a picture of them posted in the local liquor stores?).

Like... what's this person doing?

It ALMOST feels concerning like as if they're on some path of self-destruction, but then again, with them messing with young kids and needing to get restraining orders for the protection of (checks notes) people as young as 12, I find it extremely hard to care and just wish they'd spend some time in jail.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
it'll be released and people will talk about separating the art from the artist and all this other stuff in reviews. So it'll just be like that article above there. Ezra is terrible but wow oh wow what a great comic movie. Just like the posters in the previous threads who said this whole thing was really not a big deal.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
it'll be released and people will talk about separating the art from the artist and all this other stuff in reviews. So it'll just be like that article above there. Ezra is terrible but wow oh wow what a great comic movie. Just like the posters in the previous threads who said this whole thing was really not a big deal.
Elza are terrible as a person and a terrible Flash, there is nothing to separate.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I wonder if WB considered going nuclear on Miller and suing them for breach of contract or whatever but figured that might trigger going off the deepend and make it even worse

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Like I don't know their finances or anything, but I'd have to imagine they wouldn't need to steal liquor (I guess unless there's a picture of them posted in the local liquor stores?).

Like... what's this person doing?

It ALMOST feels concerning like as if they're on some path of self-destruction, but then again, with them messing with young kids and needing to get restraining orders for the protection of (checks notes) people as young as 12, I find it extremely hard to care and just wish they'd spend some time in jail.

Yeah, their behavior suggests there's mental health issues at play. Almost sounds like manic episodes. They are probably self medicating based on their very concerning behavior. Don't expect their behavior to be rational or logical. They are long past that.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Had no idea The Flash wasn't set to release now until Summer next year. There's no way in hell WB releases this movie. If a Flash Point comes out, I really don't see it being this movie. They aren't going to disappear and not be in headlines and all it takes is one big thing to really get them to be the popular subject for a time. Hell, they've been on TMZ a few times from what I can tell, all it takes is a TikTok to go viral and they're in public conscious.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Not only are they not going to get any more work, they might destroy something that hasn't even released yet.
While Ezra is probably not getting more work at the moment, ya wilding if you think a black actor would get as much slack or the film owners being so quiet since way back when they choked a woman to the ground.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
WB are hoping that this shit simmers down enough so they can release the movie as planned next year. Ezra doesn't seem to give a shit right now so WB are sticking their fingers in their ears and saying everything's OK, all the while hoping something catastrophic doesn't happen to get in the way of the release. They don't care about the people involved, they care about their bottom line being affected. You'd think that'd make them try a bit harder to try to wrangle Ezra and keep them under control, but too many of them are preoccupied with the merger shutting shit down and reorganising shit, they're all in self-preservation mode.
I hope this charge is the start of getting Ezra under control but, unfortunately, it could just as likely be the spark that sets off the powder keg. Hopefully some of their enabling friends have a change of heart and try to talk some sense into them, but considering the reports of Miller's demeanour switching from benign to threatening in the blink of an eye, it wouldn't surprise me if those closest to them are too scared to intervene.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Even if Keaton and affleck have Oscar worthy performances, nothing can salvage this movie from Ezra and their escapades. They need to advance the date and put the movie on streaming or risk doing press junkets for it with their lead actor in jail.

Also fuck Ezra miller. It's not really funny to hear about a criminal asshole terrorizing and robbing people far less privileged than them.