• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that it's unfair to Bloomberg (it is but he's a billionaire so who cares) but that it's Jimmy Fallon running his fingers through Trump's hair. It's normalizing Trump by saying he's "only" as bad as Bloomberg when he's several orders of magnitude worse.

This is dangerous in an election season as low information voters become more aware of these and form opinions based on memes.

ding ding ding. It's already bad enough that we have so many low-informed posters merely regurgitating what they've heard elsewhere daily without any real understanding, there's no need to foster the foolishness more. People latch on this shit.

Also, it's pretty wack to see posts equivalent to "you mad" and accusations of being some big Bloomberg supporters or defenders because others are asking some of you to show the slightest hint of self-awareness. I think the pic is funny either way and it doesn't really bother me, but this post here isn't wrong. Bloomberg and trump can both be called out as jackasses without making poor parallels for effect.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Fuck all these Trump assholes suddenly acting like they had no idea Trump would be this way as a president.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me hes about to go from a "bastion for Republican values and intellectualism" to a "senile commie never-Trumper Hollywood elite" on Fox News

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Imagine equating a generic conservative to a grotesque monster who replaced the director of national intelligence with a right-wing blogger with zero intelligence experience, because the previous DNI said true things he didn't like -- as just the most recent example of countless -- and then saying that anyone who points out the dishonesty of this equation is "stanning".

Bloomberg is legitimately awful. It's pretty funny that people are getting so upset when you look at the similarities: a New York City billionaire that attacks the media and doesn't like minorities.

But yes, Bloomberg isn't actually Trump so have fun with your "but actually" nonsense

ding ding ding. It's already bad enough that we have so many low-informed posters merely regurgitating what they've heard elsewhere daily without any real understanding, there's no need to foster the foolishness more. People latch on this shit.

Also, it's pretty wack to see posts equivalent to "you mad" and accusations of being some big Bloomberg supporters or defenders because others are asking some of you to show the slightest hint of self-awareness. I think the pic is funny either way and it doesn't really bother me, but this post here isn't wrong. Bloomberg and trump can both be called out as jackasses without making poor parallels for effect.

It's just a picture that highlights what's wrong with the country when he's a serious candidate on a side that has been deriding and whining about Trump for years.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg is legitimately awful. It's pretty funny that people are getting so upset when you look at the similarities: a New York City billionaire that attacks the media and doesn't like minorities.

But yes, Bloomberg isn't actually Trump so have fun with your "but actually" nonsense

It's just a picture that highlights what's wrong with the country when he's a serious candidate on a side that has been deriding and whining about Trump for years.

Bloomberg shares few of Trump's policies, none of his stupidity, and there is no evidence to suggest that he would gleefully trash on a daily basis every ethical, legal, and political norm that is important to this country as Trump has.

But by all means keep pretending that anyone accurately pointing out such a blatantly false equivalence is "upset".

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
"When I grew up, those things weren't called racist"

Mmhmm...

While he approves of "certain things" the president has done, he wishes that he would act "in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level"

Mmmm...

So close Clint, you are like 75% there. Just put a little bit more thought into it.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bloomberg would preserve more of US's basic institutions than Trump, this is true. But if you think the US is fundamentally broken, propping it up doesn't count for much. They're both racist imperialists who're pro corporate tax cuts and anti-worker, one just commits crimes openly, while the other does it via the market apparatus.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Bloomberg shares few of Trump's policies, none of his stupidity, and there is no evidence to suggest that he would gleefully trash on a daily basis every ethical, legal, and political norm that is important to this country as Trump has.

But by all means keep pretending that anyone accurately pointing out such a blatantly false equivalence is "upset".

I swear some of you are really quite strange. It was a picture. Bloomberg is a trash fire. Acting like he wouldn't be a disaster as a President because you're comparing him to Trump is some disingenuous nonsense anyway. Kinda like the meme that you're reacting to so strongly.

Right now, it isn't Bloomberg vs. Trump, it's Bloomberg vs. the rest of the field of Democrats vying for the nomination. He believes that the middle and lower classes simply exist to provide him and others like him with labor because they know better how to run things.

The only major policy things that are different with Bloomberg, and trust me his cabinet would be filled with similar rich useless people, are guns and climate change. So yes, he's not Trump. But he's damn close. And the damage he caused in NYC shouldn't be ignored because a meme compared him to one of the worst Presidents ever.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear some of you are really quite strange. It was a picture. Bloomberg is a trash fire. Acting like he wouldn't be a disaster as a President because you're comparing him to Trump is some disingenuous nonsense anyway. Kinda like the meme that you're reacting to so strongly.

Right now, it isn't Bloomberg vs. Trump, it's Bloomberg vs. the rest of the field of Democrats vying for the nomination. He believes that the middle and lower classes simply exist to provide him and others like him with labor because they know better how to run things.

The only major policy things that are different with Bloomberg, and trust me his cabinet would be filled with similar rich useless people, are guns and climate change. So yes, he's not Trump. But he's damn close. And the damage he caused in NYC shouldn't be ignored because a meme compared him to one of the worst Presidents ever.

Is there a mental block that prevents you from recognizing that Bloomberg is not in the same stratosphere as Trump when it comes to how damaging a president he would be, and that pointing out that obvious and easily supportable fact doesn't mean somebody is a "Stan", or is "upset", or wants Bloomberg to be the nominee, or any of the other weird things you keep projecting on others in response to this?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Eastwood seems.. dumb?

i used to think he's gotta be pretty smart, certainly smarter and more thoughtful than the average Hollywood type. but i dunno.. is it just his age?

oh well, at least he isnt supporting Trump.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is there a mental block that prevents you from recognizing that Bloomberg is not in the same stratosphere as Trump when it comes to how damaging a president he would be, and that pointing out that obvious and easily supportable fact doesn't mean somebody is a "Stan", or is "upset", or wants Bloomberg to be the nominee, or any of the other weird things you keep projecting on others in response to this?
If you're not stanning for him then why do you keep bringing up that he's not as bad as Trump? We know that already. He's still a piece of shit. Is that really so hard for you to understand? See why people think you have an agenda?

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying racism across a series of posts, hostility towards other members, previous infractions for the same behavior
If you're not stanning for him then why do you keep bringing up that he's not as bad as Trump? We know that already. He's still a piece of shit. Is that really so hard for you to understand? See why people think you have an agenda?

Oh, I do have an agenda. It's pointing out that implying Bloomberg is the same as or as bad as Trump is absurd, and that anyone who intends to stay home and let Trump win a second term rather than vote for Bloomberg -- a view/plan that seems inherent in these memes and takes -- is a shitty person.

I keep bringing up that he's not as bad as Trump in response to somebody who keeps saying -- falsely -- that he is. Make sense?

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019

I'd like to hear the reasoning as to why this is supposedly a good thing. Trump arguably has managed to do far less damage than he could have if he wasn't constantly shooting his own goddamn agenda in the foot with his perpetual stupidity, (The fact that he's still managed to do so much damage speaks to how fucked we would have been if he was even slightly competent..)

I also find the idea that Bloomberg wouldn't commit federal crimes for his own benefit positively laughable. Of course he would, as basically all people as rich as him do. He'd just hide them much better. Which again, is NOT a good thing. Trump airing all his dirty laundry for everyone to see may end up giving us a better chance at taking him down. Bloomberg, on the other hand, won't be so easily stopped if he end up being just as evil and corrupt as president.

Jun 10, 2018
Oh, I do have an agenda. It's pointing out that implying Bloomberg is the same as or as bad as Trump is absurd, and that anyone who intends to stay home and let Trump win a second term rather than vote for Bloomberg -- a view/plan that seems inherent in these memes and takes -- is a shitty person.

I keep bringing up that he's not as bad as Trump in response to somebody who keeps saying -- falsely -- that he is. Make sense?
Likewise, anyone who handwave the disgusting anti-black shit Bloomberg sanctioned in his own damn liberal city and then want to accost black Americans for not voting for that motherfucker is a shitty person as well.

It's almost as if there were actual victims to Bloomberg's policies and seeing people handwave that shit away as a Black American arouses levels of anger. Whodathunkit

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Imagine equating a generic conservative to a grotesque monster who replaced the director of national intelligence with a right-wing blogger with zero intelligence experience, because the previous DNI said true things he didn't like -- as just the most recent example of countless -- and then saying that anyone who points out the dishonesty of this equation is "stanning".
Bloomberg may be a more well behaved monster but he is still a monster.

Oct 27, 2017
So we can't say mean things about bloomberg because he's not quite as bad as trump. Close by so many metrics, but maybe not all the way there.

What an interesting viewpoint. And then to outright state that people who wouldn't vote for bloomberg are shitty people. Perfectly normal!

It's almost as if there were actual victims to Bloomberg's policies and seeing people handwave that shit away as a Black American arouses levels of anger. Whodathunkit

It's just disgusting.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Oh yes, it sure does now.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

There aren't very many of us on this forum, but I don't think anyone is staying home no matter who runs.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we can't say mean things about bloomberg because he's not quite as bad as trump. Close by so many metrics, but maybe not all the way there.

What an interesting viewpoint. And then to outright state that people who wouldn't vote for bloomberg are shitty people. Perfectly normal!

It's just disgusting.

You can say whatever you want. But if you say that he's as bad as or the same as Trump, and would be just as damaging a president, then you are wrong and can expect to be called on it.

And yes -- if someone hands a second term to Trump rather than cast a vote for Bloomberg, so they can feel morally superior, they suck. This would be true even if the ONLY difference between them were their climate policies.

Luckily, Bloomberg will not be the nominee, so this is all moot, and people like those will not be able to fuck the country -- and the world -- like they did in 2016.

Jun 10, 2018
You can say whatever you want. But if you say that he's as bad as or the same as Trump, and would be just as damaging a president, then you are wrong and can expect to be called on it.

And yes -- if someone hands a second term to Trump rather than cast a vote for Bloomberg, so they can feel morally superior, they suck. This would be true even if the ONLY difference between them were their climate policies.

Luckily, Bloomberg will not be the nominee, so this is all moot, and people like those will not be able to fuck the country -- and the world -- like they did in 2016.
And if your prerogative is to handwave the shit Bloomberg enforced against civilians in his own city you're just as anti-black as he is.

As long as we get to call out people for "sucking".

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that Bloomberg is as bad as Trump is laughable, in that there's no evidence Bloomberg would continue to dismantle functional bureaucracy and undermine the intelligence apparatus.

Yeah, he's not a great candidate. But Trump is far and away the most damaging president in a generation in every single metric save for perhaps direct body count.

But Bloomberg has actual wealth and is not a complete idiot like Trump. Id say that's more dangerous. At least Trump lies and fucks up in broad daylight. Imagine the evil conceivable with someone like Bloomberg in office.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty much who on earth is pushing this silly idea that voting for a smart Trump is a good thing. A smart Trump is who you should be worried about the most that's a fatal combination, American institutions are just surviving with an idiot Trump. Trump exposed all kinds of implicit flaws in how America is run.

A smart Trump isn't the cure that's the death sentence.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
The idea that Bloomberg is as bad as Trump is laughable, in that there's no evidence Bloomberg would continue to dismantle functional bureaucracy and undermine the intelligence apparatus.

Yeah, he's not a great candidate. But Trump is far and away the most damaging president in a generation in every single metric save for perhaps direct body count.
thankfully mike bloomberg will use his superior administrative skills to *check notes* make federal law enforcement agencies more efficient while gutting social welfare programs

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But Bloomberg has actual wealth and is not a complete idiot like Trump. Id say that's more dangerous. At least Trump lies and fucks up in broad daylight. Imagine the evil conceivable with someone like Bloomberg in office.

Bloomberg has a caustic history of racism and sexism and has done lots of despicable shit. He shouldn't even be running and I'm glad he's flailing somewhat and I hope anyone but Tulsi beats him.

but he'd be an outwardly rational leader, he'd pass bills to benefit some Americans and he'd probably be pressured into protecting or expanding Obamacare.

he'd hire smart capable administration staff and he'd engage internationally at a sensibly diplomatic pace to undo four years of shockingly dangerous graft with Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and mend or improve relationships with our NATO and UN allies - and he'd try to at least appear to fight climate change.

He certainly wouldn't foment white nationalism and anti semitism as an election strategy and he actually understands economic and political information.

he'd be a shockingly tone deaf jackass, he'd do very little to improve the short term goals of the working class and he'd likely be one of the most conservative slow rolling democrats in history.

He'd fire Barr and try to resurrect what semblance of sanity exists in the intelligence and federal law enforcement profession. He'd serve the number of terms he was elected to and he'd repair the Iran nuclear deal and enact proper sanctions on Russia and NK. He'd exit moronic trade wars and he'd make policy decisions that are not based on staying out of jail, ruling up skinheads or acquiring wealth through his children.

none of these things is laudable and frankly should be the bare minimum expected from a republican let alone a democrat

but Trump isn't even from the same planet. Let me put it this way- if I had a magic Button that switched Trump instantly to Bloomberg for the remainder of this term, I'd be thrashing it frenetically.

Only Tulsi is worse than Bloomberg but Trump is the most dangerous political figure in American history.

Bloomberg is wretched but smart Trump? No. He's not the same type of thing. And Trump's success is based on actual insanity but only with the backing of the GOP. That alone makes him better than Trump.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Translation: "Don't you hate that you can't say nigger anymore without being called a racist."

Eat shit, Clint.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't he just switch to Republican and challenge Trump directly? He is obviously not going to win the Democratic nomination.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Known Republican supports Republican for dumb reasons Republicans are known to support things.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
So much passive anti-black and sexist support just because it comes with a smile.

This forum is so fucking white, it's insane. Don't have to worry bout anything else except being embarrassed by an annoying orange asshole and your family who supports him.

Don't even have the balls to rebuke both.. or demand a higher standard in general and choose neither. No, rather argue about who's the better choice between 2 rich racist sexist old white men.

Pathetic

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that it's unfair to Bloomberg (it is but he's a billionaire so who cares) but that it's Jimmy Fallon running his fingers through Trump's hair. It's normalizing Trump by saying he's "only" as bad as Bloomberg when he's several orders of magnitude worse.

This is dangerous in an election season as low information voters become more aware of these and form opinions based on memes.

Bloomberg's pretty fucking terrible. I feel like this is understated.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it so important to point out that Bloomberg isn't "as bad" as Trump? He's still so far away from being a decent human being that the difference doesn't fucking matter.
They both represent the exact same thing, maintaining the rich, white status quo through bigotry only one of them is more vulgar.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Trump is trying and mostly succeeding breaking a government, sure. But that kind of also means many of the things that made up government were extremely weak to begin with.

Bloomberg instituted Jim Crow style policies as an executive officer of a major international city. He may not break government, but he'll certainly expertly work within it to make things miserable for plenty of people.

Deleted member 7373

A trump vs Bloomberg election wouldn't just be damaging... it would be the end of entertaining anything resembling democracy in the USA.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And if your prerogative is to handwave the shit Bloomberg enforced against civilians in his own city you're just as anti-black as he is.

As long as we get to call out people for "sucking".

Sure, just keep projecting. Anyone (accurately) saying that Bloomberg would, 100%, without question, be better for the entire fucking planet than a second term of Trump, MUST be "handwaving" stop and frisk. Oh and must be "anti-black".

Do you guys imagine that if you all keep making the same false statements that it becomes true?

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This will fit here as well
cddf39e.jpg

Hahahahahahaha nice.

If he's the nominee I'll still vote for him.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so important to point out that Bloomberg isn't "as bad" as Trump? He's still so far away from being a decent human being that the difference doesn't fucking matter.
They both represent the exact same thing, maintaining the rich, white status quo through bigotry only one of them is more vulgar.

Because many seem to be suggesting that they would not vote for Bloomberg if he magically became the Dem nominee, thus ensuring a second term for Trump. Or, worse, suggesting others should do the same.

People need to get it through their heads that there is NO candidate who would not be demonstrably better for the country and the world than another term of Trump, and thus they need to grit their teeth and vote for WHOMEVER wins the Democratic nomination.

Jun 10, 2018
Sure, just keep projecting. Anyone (accurately) saying that Bloomberg would, 100%, without question, be better for the entire fucking planet than a second term of Trump, MUST be "handwaving" stop and frisk. Oh and must be "anti-black".

Do you guys imagine that if you all keep making the same false statements that it becomes true?
Lol there's nothing false about me calling out nothing more than a moral grandstander who loves to project that persona onto others while simultaneously writing off the damage inflicted to accounted victims.

Unlike you I can live with the label of "sucking" since I will damn sure feel morally superior not being shamed to vote for a known anti-black politician. Whether you come to grips with the fact you consider the victims of Bloomberg's policies as nothing more than inconvenient collateral - that's on you.

And as I always say - if you're not black your opinion really doesn't matter to me.