• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Surprised Jonah Nolan isn't in on this but he's probably balls deep in Westworld.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Aaron Taylor Johnson is the worst casting for Nolan since Katie Holmes. But dude is usually so good with his casts that just maybe this dude might be aiight in here.

anyways...hyped.

edit: WTF the Zimmer collab is not happening for this :(

end of an iconic era

Have you seen nocturnal animals? give him a shot

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
yeah its the only time he was decent. everything else been shit from guy. even the Joe Wright costume drama. and its not like he'll play a psycho killer in here. we'll see.

please no goofy russian accent.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
yeah its the only time he was decent. everything else been shit from guy. even the Joe Wright costume drama. and its not like he'll play a psycho killer in here. we'll see.

please no goofy russian accent.
He was fine in Anna Karenina. Nothing bad about his performance, whilst nothing standout either. But he was awesome in Nocturnal Animals.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why dosnt Nolan ever use recurring characters of different persuasions? All that ever stars or whoever he bring back in his films are the same? Theres a pattern here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
DMczaf you LIAR. Hansu is now on Villeneuves side. End of a friendship.

images

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Aaron-Taylor Johnson is wack, and yeah I fucking saw Nocturnal Animals.

Dude's acting chops have always been so below average that it's the only film that his okay acting in that film made him seem phenomenal.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dimple Kapadia? What is 1980's yesteryear Bollywood actress doing in Nolan's movie

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
ten·et
/ˈtenət/
noun
  1. a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.
Tenet word goes both ways from back and front

Tenet means principle or belief

Genre = espionage

Meaning one group against another

One principle and belief from one side against principle and belief of another

Both sides are equal in their reasoning and both sides are clashing in a game of espionage

If it involves time travel it's a building of a time machine and one side wants to change history with wars and one side wants to change history with peace, both have the same end goal

That's your plot

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Off-Site Drama
Btw ManaByte , I didn't report your thread title you paranoid lunatic. Maybe ask the mod who changed your title why he did it instead of peddling pedantic conspiracy theories on Discord.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed Nolan is working with a different team in some departments.

Really intresting honestly. Didn't know he got a new Editor.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The title of the film is a palindrome...

What does it mean? 🤔

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is he incapable of making smaller production films, is it a case of shareholders or execs not being ok with a smaller title? Or he just wants to go big from now on?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
As far as I know, Dunkirk did great at the BO, esp for the type of movie it was. North of $500m.

I think this is what Nolan wants to do. Whether you agree or not, he likes to make big budget blockbusters but with ideas/themes, you might find usually in smaller productions.

If this is anything like Inception, I will be jumping for joy!

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Are you joking?

If the only ATJ movie you've seen is Kick-Ass, I could see why you might say that, but the dude is legit one of the best actors around today.
No, I saw him in, let's count, 7 films and he was legit dreadful in 5 of them while I don't remember his roles in the other 2 (to be fair to ATJ I don't remember anyone from Anna Karenina, so there's that).

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, Dunkirk did great at the BO, esp for the type of movie it was. North of $500m.

I think this is what Nolan wants to do. Whether you agree or not, he likes to make big budget blockbusters but with ideas/themes, you might find usually in smaller productions.

If this is anything like Inception, I will be jumping for joy!

Dunkirk more or less probably surpassed any expectations WB expected it to do. No WW2 film has grossed over 500m WW (obviously inflation and expanding markets is part of this but the WW2 genre hasn't been relevant for years) and it was made on a smaller budget than Nolan's usual works in the past 10 years.

He's probably still getting blank checks up to like 200m.

Mar 29, 2018
No, I saw him in, let's count, 7 films and he was legit dreadful in 5 of them while I don't remember his roles in the other 2 (to be fair to ATJ I don't remember anyone from Anna Karenina, so there's that).
Based on Nocturnal Animals alone I'd rate him as top-tier, but he was also fantastic in Outlaw King and Ultron (not that either of those movies themselves were much good)

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The fact that WB won't touch Inception without his blessing, and that they continue to give him their main summer spot anytime he wants with new IPs should tell you his blank check status.

If this was Disney, we would be on Inception 5 : Inception Wars by now.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
I'm interested even though I've been growing out of my Nolan movie phase lately. Also I'm in for whatever movie Robert Pattinson is in at this point, full fanboy mode.
I don't like Nolan films because people I feel superior to claim they're the best movies ever and I don't want to be associated with those people. I like more obscure stuff and my identity is based on what I don't like.
This but unironically.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The fact that WB won't touch Inception without his blessing, and that they continue to give him their main summer spot anytime he wants with new IPs should tell you his blank check status.

If this was Disney, we would be on Inception 5 : Inception Wars by now.
I would watch inception wars tho