• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I like Aldis Hodge from what I've seen him in, hope this is a big role for him.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't heard of him, but it's excited to start getting casting. I so badly want this movie to be good, because I love the JSA, and worry that if it's bad they'll just skip including the team in anything in the future.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Loved him in Leverage and he was absolutely ripped in The Invisible Man. Was wondering when he would become a star, he's great.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I was just watching Invisible Man this week and wondering when this guy was going to join the MCU or DCEU. I really like him. He was Voodoo on Friday Night Lights.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I hope he does a great job. But...can they actually make the Hawkman costume look good in live action?

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about the script but with Black Adam and the other JSA members, I think it makes more sense for them to be the whole reincarnated couple thing and not aliens, right?
the recent hawkman run solves this issue

all hawkmen are carter hall, all hawkwomen are shiera hall, even the aliens, they reincarnate across space and time

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
the recent hawkman run solves this issue

all hawkmen are carter hall, all hawkwomen are shiera hall, even the aliens, they reincarnate across space and time
I thought that was always the case? Sounds like they jsut went back to the 90s version

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I thought that was always the case? Sounds like they jsut went back to the 90s version

Yeah, I thought Johns covered that (or maybe Zero Hour right before) merging the Thanagarian cops and the other Hawkpeople. I was just saying I doubt the alien aspect comes into play in Black Adam, but we'll see.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
But real talk he should have been John Stewart or Icon.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Hawkman said "Fuck this place."

e5GlD.jpg

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn Hardison moving up in the world.

Why people always forgetting Hawkman Slayven? I know the CW version isn't good but cmon.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Should be interesting. Obviously he has to straight play Hardison in the role.

Fake edit: Dude was 21 when he got the part in Leverage?! The fuck

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Still think they should have gone with Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman instead of Hawkman, but this is good too.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Still think they should have gone with Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman instead of Hawkman, but this is good too.

I'm pretty sure they cast Hawkgirl a while ago.

They were looking for an Atom Smasher and Stargirl too, unless things changed.

edited to add:

I was going by this:

But during Fandome, the preview had only Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher (who was already cast) and Cyclone (maybe because of the Stargirl series)

Oh here's the reason:

my bad, I'm sure you already knew this and it's me who was behind. ;)

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Hawkman sucks, it should've been John Stewart tbh

Edit - I really like the actor though, so fingers crossed they make the most out of him going forward.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I'm pretty sure they cast Hawkgirl a while ago.

They were looking for an Atom Smasher and Stargirl too, unless things changed.

edited to add:

I was going by this:

But during Fandome, the preview had only Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher (who was already cast) and Cyclone (maybe because of the Stargirl series)

Oh here's the reason:

my bad, I'm sure you already knew this and it's me who was behind. ;)

Oh yeah, all those die-hard Cyclone fans...

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
About the same numbers that like the bird persons.
There's a helluva lot more people that grew up with Hawkgirl on the Justice League animated series than care about Cyclone. Like hey, maybe they wanted to mix up the JSA characters for their movie, I get it. Maybe the movie will be better with her in it. But like... Cyclone is a weird fucking pull no matter which way you cut it. Hell, fucking Stargirl would've been a bigger draw.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There's a helluva lot more people that grew up with Hawkgirl on the Justice League animated series than care about Cyclone. Like hey, maybe they wanted to mix up the JSA characters for their movie, I get it. But like... "We had to get Cyclone in there!" is a weird thing to say.

Cyclone basically replaced Stargirl (they wanted newbie JSAers to go with the vets). It sounds like there were other issues getting Hawkgirl in there (maybe they want to use her for Justice League or something), not that Cyclone was a more appealing option.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Feel that he could definitely put a great spin on the character if given a chance. He could pull off playing straight the ridiculousness of it

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since they casted a black actor I'm assuming they're going with "ancient Egyptian" reincarnated Hawkman storyline

I also can't wait for the die hard Hawkman fans (yes, a few of them exist) to complain about Hawkman being separated from Hawkgirl again.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So was Cyclone replacing Stargirl or Hawkgirl?

The original article in that first tweet I posted said the studio was looking for actors for:
Hawkman, Isis, Stargirl, Atom Smasher, Doctor Fate and Hawkgirl.

The Fandome trailer only mentions Hawkman, Doctor Fate, and their new recruits Cyclone and Atom Smasher. So I think Cyclone took the role of "new recruit" from Stargirl and Isis and Hawkgirl were cut (or they didn't want to mention them for some reason).