• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
variety.com

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series Among CW Pilot Orders, Network Sets ‘The 4400’ Reboot

The CW has made a number of orders for the 2021-2022 season, including a pilot order for the live-action "Powerpuff Girls" series.

The CW has made a number of orders for the 2021-2022 season, including a pilot order for the live-action "Powerpuff Girls" series.

In total, The CW announced three pilot orders and one straight-to-series pickup, with the latter being a reboot of the USA Network series "The 4400." The other two pilots are for the DC project "Naomi" from Ava DuVernay and Jill Blankenship and an untitled religious dramedy from Claire Rothrock and Ryann Weir. All of the projects are created by women.

The "Powerpuff Girls" live-action series was first announced as being in development back in August. Based on the Cartoon Network series created by Craig McCracken, the new series sees the pint-sized superheroes as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
but-why.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I always meant to watch the 4400, i like that it had a variety of people. I hope it isn't just young pretty people

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Bah, was mildly interested in what someone would do with a 4400 reboot, but not really the CW version of a 4400 reboot.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The 4400 doesn't sound like The 100 prequel we need. That PowerPuff Girls thing will be very interesting, though. I'm not ready for PPG makeout/sex scenes.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really see how the Powerpuff Girls is going to be worse than the last animated series, at least.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
The original version of The 4400 introduced me to Mahershala Ali, so it will always have a special place in my heart. I'll watch a new version.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Lol, I totally forgot about The 4400 so I was like wait The 100 just ended why are they rebooting it?! There's basically zero chance I watch the live-action PPG, but I don't see why it couldn't be as good as any of their comic book shows (take that as you will).

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I suggested a grown teen-age Power Puff Girls for CW like 5+ years ago.
Im sick of CW stuff currently so I wouldn't expect it to be very good but its legitimately a good idea and makes perfect sense on paper.

I've always felt like WB should push their properties in different ways,
heck with Supernatural over they should do Scooby Doo as a CW series(or HBO Max)

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Craig McCracken or fuck off, quite frankly. Super not interested in a reimagining of PPG unless the key creatives are leading it.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can actually see this working bizarrely, its not gonna be the same show but the general premise can work, though the humor would have to change

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'll take a live action Cartoon Networkverse please.

tenor.gif

"... we're putting a team together"

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the new series sees the pint-sized superheroes as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

If they don't pick it up to series, they should just reshoot the ending to the pilot so that the answer is no and air it anyway.