• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
"Paddington 3" — a new entry in the beloved movie series — is in active development, representatives from Studiocanal told Variety: "We can confirm Studiocanal is working very hard on film 3 with the utmost craft and care — as with film 1 and 2."

Last week, in an interview on BBC Radio 2's "The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show," "Paddington" star Hugh Bonneville said there was "forward momentum" on the project, and that it was "somewhere on the horizon."

There are no details to share yet about the new movie, the reps said, but in previous reports, Studiocanal said it will again be teaming up with David Heyman's Heyday Films. In the past, "Paddington" writer-director Paul King said he will not direct the third film, but will still be involved. King is currently directing Warner Bros.' "Wonka," a Willy Wonka origins story, set to be released in March 2023.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/paddington-3-sequel-movie-studiocanal-1234909762/

Dec 2, 2017
giphy.gif

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Please get Paul King away from Disney and on this project ;_;

Still, can't wait. Paddington 2 is one of my favourite movies of all time.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I'm excited regardless, I just hope they can strike gold thrice even without King in the director's chair. I think I remember reading he'd still be creatively involved somehow?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
some of the GOAT family movies ever made. I really hope King is heavily involved though, a bit disappointing to see he's not directing.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My wife played a 5e D&D character modeled after this bear. A bearkin bard who could summon marmalade sandwiches from his hat.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
If Paddington 3 is as good as the previous two then 'Paddington' could well end up been one of the great film trilogies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
My boy saw how fucked up the world was in 2020 so he's coming back to make it all better.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Please get Paul King away from Disney and on this project ;_;

Still, can't wait. Paddington 2 is one of my favourite movies of all time.

What is he doing for Disney? I thought he dropped out of a Pinocchio remake quite a long time ago. With this just going into development now, there may still be time to get him back after Wonka.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
What is he doing for Disney? I thought he dropped out of a Pinocchio remake quite a long time ago. With this just going into development now, there may still be time to get him back after Wonka.
Ah thought he was still doing Pinocchio. In that case I hope you're right an King can find some time. His writing is what made these movies.