• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
This is Vegas, but I think WB actually pulled the plug on that one.

My vote's on Ancels' WILD

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
gtbuixdDMcInkKz-400x400-noPad.jpg

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

What ever happened to Atomic Heart?
There was a Russian YouTubed who had a fifty minute video, but other than that, it's just been fifty second long teasers on their YouTube channel.

There's a super weird Levelord interview they did that, is just super weird. It's like fifteen minutes long, and it doesn't say if he's actually working on the project or not.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Fairly certain it turned into that one Monster Hunter clone no one played

FFXI remake on mobile (by Nexon)
Announced in 2015
Got some screens early 2018
Always mentioned in investor presentations, every quarter

130586.jpg
130589.jpg

The longer we go without this the more I hope it's being retooled for Switch & other consoles, Crystal Chronicles HD style

Most likely scenario it's just stuck in development hell

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Came in here to also say Shin Megami Tensei V.

Announced for Switch over three years ago in January 2017 with no title, just a teaser and the fact that it was a UE4 game, then got another teaser in the fall of 2017 with some in-engine cinematics confirming it was V, then nothing but "it's still coming" for over two years.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
A few months back, this game popped into my head and I wasn't sure if I dreamed it up or if it actually existed. It was a Telltale-esque indie game with a black & white, noir style. I could have sworn it was shown at a Microsoft event and I thought it looked really cool, but I never heard about it again.

Well, I looked it up and I'm not crazy. It did exist and was called Blues & Bullets.

2912415-0001.jpg

They actually did release the first two episodes back in 2015/2016, but the remaining three episodes never came out. All signs point to the game being cancelled, but it was never officially canned. I guess this falls into a similar category as Swery's D4, where part of it released but not the rest of it.

Now I'm actually curious about checking those episodes out at some point. Was this any good?

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miegakure. An indie game announced... maybe a decade ago? the whole shtick was that the game takes place in the 4th dimension.

Last I heard was from this Vice article from about two years ago.

I know Cube World got a steam release, but it still feels like vapor ware lmao.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Sadness (Wii)
lBOKyv1.png

The Grinder (Wii)
BS0Osv4.png

Cosmic Walker (Wii)
xZGjxMb.gif
Weirdly, a part of me thought these would have come out already, even if as japan exclusives. I also remember thinking that they would just move to the WiiU, but of course, the console didn't do well enough for that.

They are small scale, but I'm sure there's many kickstarter projects that never came out and didn't get updates either. I still expect Heart Forth Alicia, for example, but I can't say the same about Band Saga.

Looking around Unseen64, I found some more. These still hurt a lot:

I also want to see some Kaoi gameplay someday, even if it never comes out.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Since the game has been played countless times at convetions it really isn't vaporware even if it was delayed several times.

Project G.G. is vaporware, a 15 devs team that's supposed to reach 100 once the development is at its peak is waaaaay behind.

Given the internal troubles at Level 5 I also think the Ushiro reboot will turn out as Vaporware.

Project Awakening also smells like a Deep Down 2.0.

And finally, how could I forget about TESVI ? Yeah, see ya on next-next gen.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Deep Down is one of those things where I feel like whatever it originally was is long gone and they either cancelled the project or turned it into something else at this point.

I feel like both of these games suffer from the exact same problem of 'why would we make these when we have similar games in a our publisher portfolio'

Like Capcom now has monster hunter, but if it even wanted to have a seperate monster RPG they could just make a dragons dogma 2.

Dead island the same thing. Why make Dead island when theres dying light 2 on the way

Agent will always be such a mystery to me. It will never release, espcially after LA NOIRE, but i'd love to know what that game was going to be

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
"A whole immersive dealio" makes me not think so

🤔

I think this was still Dead by Daylight. They made a huge deal about his likeness being in the game as it was the first time a licensed character had the actor likeness. He was also the first (and still only) survivor that had voice acting with actual lines. That January tweet lines up with the reveal just 2 months later.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Quiet cancellations are just the worst.

WiLD
Beyond Good and Evil 2
System Shock 3 (team disbanded, not formally announced as "cancelled")
Shin Megami Tensei 5 (where is it, Atlus?)
Porject Giant Robot (Miyamoto's Wii U game)
Prey 2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (completely changed into FFXV)
Final Fantasy Type 1 (Type 0 sequel)
Steambot Chronicles 2 (shown off by Kazuma Kujo then it just disappeared)
Deep Down (Capcom even now say it's something they may go back to one day)
Shenmue Online (Was shown a few times then quietly cancelled)
Phantom Dust Remake (CG trailer, leaked footage)
Uppers (localization/Western release of the game that is)
Flower, Sun & Rain Remake (Announced two years ago and then nothing...Where is it, Suda?!)
Kurayami (Suda51 + Mikami horror game inspired by the novels of Franz Kafka, game was completely changed to Shadows of the Damned)
Grandia Online
Ushiro (Level 5's horror game)
Agent
Timesplitters 4
Fable 4
7th Guest 3
Resident Evil PSP
BioShock Vita

Last edited:

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I was going to say Golem from Highwire, but I looked and noticed it actually released late last year.

What a tepid way to go out Marty :(

OP
OP
out_of_touch

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
I think this was still Dead by Daylight. They made a huge deal about his likeness being in the game as it was the first time a licensed character had the actor likeness. He was also the first (and still only) survivor that had voice acting with actual lines. That January tweet lines up with the reveal just 2 months later.
Occam's razor <\3 sadly the only thing I found to counter your conclusion was an interview from 2019 where he says "I'm doing video games" (plural)

Oct 29, 2017
Easy:

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, also called Barkley 2

Kickstarted way back in 2013, and had a tier for update information which the tier for getting the game didn't include? I backed at the game level and have been in the dark pretty much since. It seems like a case of early Kickstarter feature creep with a full Blitzball turn based tactics game, a side area that's "as big as the main game" and more.

There are relatively recent threads on this very forum detailing the latest on all this. Allegedly a lot of the core team from Barkley 1 left shortly after development started, leaving just two people, and finally just one person who claims that it will still get made, and the projects not dead. A demo, which was pretty much everything that's been made so far, was put out last year after all this stuff went public, but since then, despite insisting it will get made... nothing. Radio silence again...

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
There was a Russian YouTubed who had a fifty minute video, but other than that, it's just been fifty second long teasers on their YouTube channel.

There's a super weird Levelord interview they did that, is just super weird. It's like fifteen minutes long, and it doesn't say if he's actually working on the project or not.

ah pity it looked really cool.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I feel like both of these games suffer from the exact same problem of 'why would we make these when we have similar games in a our publisher portfolio'

Like Capcom now has monster hunter, but if it even wanted to have a seperate monster RPG they could just make a dragons dogma 2.

Dead island the same thing. Why make Dead island when theres dying light 2 on the way

Agent will always be such a mystery to me. It will never release, espcially after LA NOIRE, but i'd love to know what that game was going to be

In terms of Dead Island 2, Deep Silver owns the IP. The creators of Dead Island, Techland moved on to Dying Light (an IP they own), when Deep Silver originally commissioned Yager to do the Dead Island sequel.

There's a clear incentive for Deep Silver to make Dead Island 2- they get nothing from Dying Light 2 existing (and Squeeenix are actually the ones handling the publishing if Dying Light 2 as Techland's distribution partner)