• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I vape, and I have always vaped a lot. I know there are potentially health risks, but I see this as a vastly less risky than the smoking I used to do, and has the added benefit of not making me smell like a broken home.

But on lockdown, I'm worried I'm vaping too much. At work i have to step outside the office so id be doing this 4-5 times a day. At home - its much more than that! I don't know how much more precisely but I'm certain it is. I'm trying to keep an eye on it now.

Has anyone else had this?

greektony

Oct 27, 2017
Since discovering my partner is pregnant I have gone cold turkey on rollies and moved to vaping for the last few months. Like you, working from home means I can vape at my leisure whilst at my desk rather than having to head out the door and do the walk of shame whilst at the office. It's something I've thought about, but not really worried about........ (deep inhale)

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
Yeah I've had this. Major thing is to lower nicotine content to compensate. I also prefer low powered vaping in general to inhale less. Can also vape flavorless if you really want to go hard on the harm reduction.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I was about to quit vaping now I'm making ejuice again.

At least nicotine seems to be protective against coronavirus.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
boredom can cause excess in other activities to just fill time or have sommit to do

you need to distract yourself more with puzzles, projects, or games

i spend excess time reading, doing sudoku and picross puzzles, and shitposting on Era

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped smoking cold turkey when the lockdown was announced. I knew it'd cause more trouble than benefit if i didn't.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Keep reading nicotine apparently lowers Covid risk, I drip 3mg ejuice, scared to quit honestly

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Keep reading nicotine apparently lowers Covid risk, I drip 3mg ejuice, scared to quit honestly
but when you do, your reduced lung capacity means you are at higher risk since covid is a respiratory illness.
At least if you believe in that study so much, wear nicotine patches, and not use it as an excuse to smoke.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao I use a dry herb vape and the availability + boredom combo has been something

Mar 27, 2018
I've also fallen into some pretty bad vaping habits in quarantine. Really bit me in the ass though.

I've smoked too much weed, it messed up the cannabinoid receptors in my stomach. Today is the first day in three that I haven't puked all day.

I had to go to the ER for Zofran (anti nausea / nerve blocker) and IV fluids.

It can happen to anyone who smokes too much weed (yes that is possible)

Its called CHS or Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. Its a bitch, and I'm going cold turkey until at least July.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't vaping be used as a stepdown tool and not a replacement? Meaning, I anecdotally know of a few people that have stepped down their nicotine dosage so they could also quit vaping.

I see a lot of people taking vaping it and embracing it as a new culture to be a part of.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I've been consuming the same amount as before, maybe 1 or 2 extra ml a day but I didn't vape much to begin with. Just one tank in my Kayfun mini (5ml) or Expromizer v4 (2.5ml). Both are MTL with 0.8 ohm coils at around 19W.

What I've been doing a lot more is mixing. I've mixed up about 500ml in different organic tobacco extracts.
These are some of the flavorings I've mixed up lately:
WxOkIr8.jpg

Sobranie, Kentucky, EM, Virginia, Maryland

OP
OP
iswasdoes

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Shouldn't vaping be used as a stepdown tool and not a replacement? Meaning, I anecdotally know of a few people that have stepped down their nicotine dosage so they could also quit vaping.

I see a lot of people taking vaping it and embracing it as a new culture to be a part of.

If you're trying to quit, yes

If you like smoking and want to do so more safely, no.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I stopped smoking weed precisely for this reason. When I was going to the office if smoke 1 maybe 2 joints a day. One when I get off and another before bed.

Working from home I was literally smoking every couple hours. And now I don't get high anymore so I'm taking a tolerance break.

(Traditional blunts/joints not vaping)

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's my point I guess, vaping is a harm reduction tool so I think it's disingenuous of some vapers to say say "well it's safer than smoking" when studies are starting to show it's still harmful on some level.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017

Exactly this. Unfortunately, I belong in the second category but not because of smoking itself but because I miss all the different tobaccos I had for my pipe. With vaping I can a explore those flavors again at a much lesser risk, and sometimes I can find tobacco blends that are very hard to find, much like the Sobranie in my picture above.

StonerSage

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
I stopped cold turkey when the lockdown started. What's this about nicotine actually being beneficial?

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I went from smoking a pack a day, to vaping a few years ago, to only vaping when drunk last year - to nothing this year...until COVID.

My wife is cool with me sneaking away from the kids for half a cig once every few days because fuck this lockdown. We are going fucking nuts.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Can you force yourself to only vape outside, to keep the rhythm going that you had at work? Might be a simple way to trick your brain into thinking you are in your previous functional rhythm.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
When I smoke marijuana I do it with a vape, but because the weed shops are closed I've mostly stopped. Thought about getting a medical card and then I could order online and have it delivered, but I decided ... I'm a life-long asthma sufferer, multiple cases of pneumonia in my life, I don't think I need to smoke anything over the next few months with a severe respiratory virus going around.

OP
OP
iswasdoes

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
That's my point I guess, vaping is a harm reduction tool so I think it's disingenuous of some vapers to say say "well it's safer than smoking" when studies are starting to show it's still harmful on some level.

Not sure I understand. It is safer than smoking according to current information. I know it is potentially still harmful on some level, but not definitively harmful on many levels like smoking is. Why is that disingenuous?

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
I used to vape using my volcano almost every day but after a month or so into the lockdown I switched to edibles and I'm not sure if I'll ever go back.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I haven't just bought a dovpo topfill squank mod, wotofo profile 1.5, mesh coils, cotton, and I don't have 250ml of liquid on the go at the moment lol.

I'd normally have 2 different flavored 80ml bottles at the same time. I find changing flavors helped me reduce the consumption. Typically one bottle would be half empty from the previous week and then I by a new 80ml.
With my new setup and being stuck inside I'm probably upto a 100ml a week because I'm chain vaping again.

The benefits are that I've been forced to look online since lockdown. I've found a good company that has good prices on everything. The website is a bit jank on mobile but everything is delivered quickly despite all the issues going on. Definitely recommend them if anyone is stuck for liquids or equipment.
vaping101.co.uk

Vaping 101 | The Home of Vaping | Shop Hardware, E-Liquid

Vaping 101 is your one-stop shop for all things vaping. Whether you're a vaping pro or a complete beginner, we've got you covered!

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, I mean what you describe is an obvious set back of vaping. I could never smoke in my house / apartment back when I smoked regular cigarettes, I think the kids call them analog these days.
When I switched to vaping it was on. Could smoke anywhere I wanted. My wife did not complain at all.
So yeah, this obviously means I "smoke" way more when vaping.
So lower the nicotine amount as already pointed out is one good bit of advice.

Also do not sleep on the advice above about trying to force yourself to still go outside and treating it like regular smoking. I did that for quite some time. Just when I got a job where I started WFH damn near full time, that went out the window.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've also fallen into some pretty bad vaping habits in quarantine. Really bit me in the ass though.

I've smoked too much weed, it messed up the cannabinoid receptors in my stomach. Today is the first day in three that I haven't puked all day.

I had to go to the ER for Zofran (anti nausea / nerve blocker) and IV fluids.

It can happen to anyone who smokes too much weed (yes that is possible)

Its called CHS or Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. Its a bitch, and I'm going cold turkey until at least July.

Dude how much did you consume? Glad you got help!

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure I understand. It is safer than smoking according to current information. I know it is potentially still harmful on some level, but not definitively harmful on many levels like smoking is. Why is that disingenuous?
I don't think either one of us is going to get a response.

Last edited:

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I miss smoking and vaping so much. :( 3 years this June cold turkey. Still think about it almost everyday. :(

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I vape, and I have always vaped a lot. I know there are potentially health risks, but I see this as a vastly less risky than the smoking I used to do, and has the added benefit of not making me smell like a broken home.

But on lockdown, I'm worried I'm vaping too much. At work i have to step outside the office so id be doing this 4-5 times a day. At home - its much more than that! I don't know how much more precisely but I'm certain it is. I'm trying to keep an eye on it now.

Has anyone else had this?

I did at first, then i got a bunch of nicorette and tried to space it all out. Still vaping too much but nowhere near as bad as when lock down started.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I stopped cold turkey when the lockdown started. What's this about nicotine actually being beneficial?

Yup same here. Haven't vaped or smoked weed since lockdown. Good opportunity to detox and purge, otherwise I'd be consuming three to four times as much right now. Also much less slothful munching which helps with the weight.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I quit smoking cigs during this, about 4 weeks ago, but I think I'm smoking more weed 🤷‍♂️

Growing your own comes in pretty handy if you're ever quarantined
Were you buying it from a store/dealer or growing it? You should look up the connection between CHS and Neem Oil. After reading about it I stopped using all neem products and Azamax even though many cannabis producers use them. They're one of the most common pesticides considered "safe" by many weed growers, so if you weren't growing your own, there's a good chance it was in the weed you were smoking.