• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

Hi Era! I bought a Crafty + vaporizer i want to get into the world of vaping weed after trying and loving edibles. Any tips or items that will come in handy? Bought a grinder and a tightvac container along with it. :) Any strain recommendations? I won't be able to get any flower until later in the week. Thanks! :)

Don't take any strain recommendations seriously. Store/dealer's blue dream is gonna be different from the blue dream grown across town. Go with your nose and eyes.

Hirok2099

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't............... but if you must.....please, please, threat it as if it was a regular cigarette
Dont vape indoors(unless smoking is allowed) or close to children, and if someone asks you not to vape close to them Or inside their place please just do it. Don't start acting childish and defensive and scream that is not "smoking"

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Don't............... but if you must.....please, please, threat it as if it was a regular cigarette
Dont vape indoors(unless smoking is allowed) or close to children, and if someone asks you not to vape close to them Or inside their place please just do it. Don't start acting childish and defensive and scream that is not "smoking"
Read the op at least

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Guys vaping literal oil is not the same as dry herb. IMO if you're going to do it, this is the way aside from edibles.
Haha I would go one step further and assume most ppl here didn't read the thread to begin with and are assuming that OP is talking a nic vape. Hopefully the one word driveby posts are discouraged

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Is it healthy to do this? I remember there was being health concern a two ish years ago.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Is it healthy to do this? I remember there was being health concern a two ish years ago.
Not enough studies one way or another. Hopefully fed legalization will change that. With that said, I can't imagine inhaling any particles are that great for your lungs.

also You're thinking of black market vape carts being cut with god knows what.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks for the tips guys! :) From what I read on reddit about the Crafty it's supposed to be easier to clean compared to others so hopefully, it isn't too much of a pain.
If this is your first time outside of edibles, you'll find that the high is pretty different--not in a bad way at all, just different.
I've smoked weed here and there, but I'm not a regular user or anything. Also never vaped tobacco so this is completely new for me.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Oh yeah and expect a vape high to creep up on you vs smoking

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I use a pen from standard farms. It has a nice voltage dial at the bottom and a pre heat option

phmh1ax702f51.jpg

For strains my favorites are

- Blueberry Space Cake x Green Line OG. This is a hybrid that gives me a nice sense of calm but focus

and

- Durban Poison. A sativa that keeps me super energized and focused. It also suppresses my appetite.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my advice is take a tiny little bit of weed, especially if you're not like a regular smoker

i have not had a good experience vaping rather than smoking or edibles. the high feels different and tbh less enjoyable

edit: idk if it'll mean anything, but i had a flowermate mini for reference.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
The problem was illegitimate carts cut with vitamin E or other dirties that caused issues. Some manufacturers use much safer alternatives, such as Timeless. If you get your shit from a dispensary you are unlikely to run into problems. Obviously inhaling anything isn't going to be ideal for your health but nic vapers are hitting that shit way more often than ppl who only vape weed

Oct 26, 2017
I use a pen from standard farms. It has a nice voltage dial at the bottom and a pre heat option

phmh1ax702f51.jpg

For strains my favorites are

- Blueberry Space Cake x Green Line OG. This is a hybrid that gives me a nice sense of calm but focus

and

- Durban Poison. A sativa that keeps me super energized and focused. It also suppresses my appetite.
Yes. The best strain imo.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
The problem was illegitimate carts cut with vitamin E or other dirties that caused issues. Some manufacturers use much safer alternatives, such as Timeless. If you get your shit from a dispensary you are unlikely to run into problems. Obviously inhaling anything isn't going to be ideal for your health but nic vapers are hitting that shit way more often than ppl who only vape weed
The better manufacturers winterize then and are able to leave them uncut

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just to clarify if my title/OP wasn't clear enough. This is about vaping dry herb weed not nicotine vaping. Sorry for the confusion.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

Tenck

Oct 27, 2017
If you can find lemonhead OG I'd recommend that one. It's so amazing. Goes by either that or Lemonhead, not to be confused with Lemon OG.

Also if you can find it, Strawberry Diesel is so good too. Really nice sativa dominant strain.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Vaping flower can dry your throat quickly, so keep a drink handy.

As for strain recommendations go, some of my personal favs:
Pink Kush
Amnesia Haze
Wedding Cake
M.A.C
Red Congolese
Sour Diesel

Collect what you've vaped. It can be used for edibles. Cheers.
My dispensary has M.A.C! :D Debating between that, Marshmellow OG or Cheetah Piss now

Last edited:

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
How about you not do it? Can't tell you how many blindsided teens/people almost get intubated for severe ARDS from EVALI

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I love my volcano and have the mighty. My main advice is to clean that thing frequently. I did not care for the Mighty as well I should have. Still works, but very gunky and hard to clean out. There are metal pods you can get to put into that or the crafty to make it much easier to maintain. But since Covid means I'm not walking around and I got my volcano back out I haven't bothered getting them.

Last edited:

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Got a PAX 3 in 2019. Still not sure if I'm doing it right. I only do flower, but I don't ever get much visible vapor.

I've been told a lot of contradictory things. PAX rep told me to pack as tight as possible, others have said not to pack it tight.

I think my vision and being unable to tell how full the chamber is and how full it should be is a big problem for me.

Last edited:

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Read the fucking thread before replying

Can this be added to thread title or OP? Lol.

Keep it clean, try a bunch of different strains! There really is a huge difference in highs, find something you vibe with most.

I've yet to dive into the Vape scene but have plenty of friends that have converted over full time. I just love rolling too much to spend the extra money on a good rig

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hi from Seattle! Dry herb vapes are my go-to when I want to imbibe in legal products in my state. My go-to is an Arizer Solo II, though I also like the Fury 2 as a great ultra-portable option with an admittedly crap battery.

Managing a dry herb vaporizer is pretty simple, with the primary caveat being that you need to keep up with cleaning. Isopropyl alcohol + cotton swabs after like 3-5 uses, then wipe down with paper towel and run your device at near-max heat for a few minutes while it's empty. Wait for that to cool, then open up and let the separate elements dry out.

You'll learn pretty quickly what the scale from "how much I inhale" to "how I feel" scales, since different devices have different airflow. My Solo II requires a lot of inhalation pressure to pull vapor, which is my preference, since I'm a lightweight and am generally looking for CBD-dominant stuff for pain relief and mild relaxation. And just be sure to *really* inhale once you draw vapor from the chamber; merely pulling the vapor into your mouth won't do it, and this is the mistake amateurs make and wonder why they aren't feeling anything.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I've had two flower vaporizers from Vapir (Vaporise and Prima), both started having heating element problems after a few years. The small one won't get hot enough and the other doesn't regular it's temperature so it was just burning all my bud. As others have said, clean it regularly as gunk builds up really quickly.

I've switched to a pen for now, and I forgot how easy and hassle free it was compared to leaf. Not sure if I'll get another flower vape anytime soon, the good ones are so fucking expensive and I'm afraid of them just dying on me again. Pen I can just replace the heating element without much problem.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm gonna add this nugget for the drive-by readers who might be under 21 and have access to weed: Probably don't.

www.apa.org

Marijuana and the developing brain

More states are legalizing marijuana, but concerns remain about its longterm effects on the adolescent brain.

We're all looking for richer research on this front, and reclassification on the federal level in the USA could really help us reach a better understanding on whether there are any serious impacts for kids. In the meantime, the evidence isn't great for developing brains. Or as I say to my nephews: Your brains are already hella receptive to being stupid and eating snacks. Weed won't change that. Wait it out a bit.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna add this nugget for the drive-by readers who might be under 21 and have access to weed: Probably don't.

www.apa.org

Marijuana and the developing brain

More states are legalizing marijuana, but concerns remain about its longterm effects on the adolescent brain.

We're all looking for richer research on this front, and reclassification on the federal level in the USA could really help us reach a better understanding on whether there are any serious impacts for kids. In the meantime, the evidence isn't great for developing brains. Or as I say to my nephews: Your brains are already hella receptive to being stupid and eating snacks. Weed won't change that. Wait it out a bit.
This is, thus far, the best and most valid post of concern.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017

Hi Era! I bought a Crafty + vaporizer i want to get into the world of vaping weed after trying and loving edibles. Any tips or items that will come in handy? Bought a grinder and a tightvac container along with it. :) Any strain recommendations? I won't be able to get any flower until later in the week. Thanks! :)

Edit- Just to clarify if my title/OP wasn't clear enough. This is about vaping dry herb weed not nicotine vaping. Sorry for the confusion.

First of all, congrats on making a great purchase in vaporizer.

The quality and performance of the vaporizer is a huge part of the experience.

Here's some tips:

- Allow the bowl to heat up for 5 minutes with your weed in it before pulling vapour

- The remnants of your session can be saved in a jar. Its called AVB or ABV (already vaped bud/already been vaped) and is essentially decarbed weed which you can eat directly, put into a yoghurt or PBJ sandwhich, bake up some edibles etc.

- Different strains provide different smells, flavours and varying strengths but what you really want to get a handle on is the difference between Sativa, Indica and Hybrids. I love the mental stimulation from Sativa strains.

- I find the best temperature to be around the 395F / 200C for vaping but have a play around with the temp between 350-400 and find your sweet spot.

How about you not do it? Can't tell you how many blindsided teens/people almost get intubated for severe ARDS from EVALI

From dry herb vaporizing? Yeah, I don't think so lol.

Last edited:

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Read the fucking thread before replying
From dry herb vaporizing? Yeah, I don't think so lol.
Oh you mean the edit done 15 mins after I made my post? Lmfao, maybe take your own advice

I know you've posted without reading a damn thing, but just in case, a reminder that your avatar loved the ganga.
What does that have to do anything? Idgaf about people smoking weed, its the vaping. CBD/THC oils ARE the problem mostly for EVALI, not nicotine. Thats where youre getting your denser oils. Since OP clarified dry herb, should be much less harmful.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Oh you mean the edit done 15 mins after I made my post? Lmfao, maybe take your own advice

What does that have to do anything? Idgaf about people smoking weed, its the vaping. CBD/THC oils ARE the problem mostly for EVALI, not nicotine. Thats where youre getting your denser oils. Since OP clarified dry herb, should be much less harmful.

The thread was always about dry herb vaping. Read the OP next time. The edit was not needed.

THC/CBD oils are not the problem. The adulterants that are in the oils are the problem. A lot of grey market oils have synthetic ingredients.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Buddy, come on now. He clearly stated he was getting flower. That's clearly a dry herb vape.
As if everyone knows what flower means
The thread was always about dry herb vaping. Read the OP next time. The edit was not needed.

THC/CBD oils are not the problem. The adulterants that are in the oils are the problem. A lot of grey market oils have synthetic ingredients.
I mean, clearly it was needed, theres like 10 posts like mine. And I know, you don't need to tell me whats the issue with the oils lol...

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Tinymight user here. I'm glad you've decided to shun combustion, OP. Enjoy your vape.

Only tips I have are to keep a coarse grind, draw low and slow, and make sure you stir about half way through your sesh.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
As if everyone knows what flower means

I mean, clearly it was needed, theres like 10 posts like mine. And I know, you don't need to tell me whats the issue with the oils lol...
I think it's that a lot of people that vape weed know this and just as importantly the vape in the OP is a weed vaporizer. But those people shouldn't assume everybody knows this.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I think it's that a lot of people that vape weed know this and just as importantly the vape in the OP is a weed vaporizer. But those people shouldn't assume everybody knows this.
The problem is people feeling the need to condescend to anyone with any kind of weed/smoking/vaping related topic. It literally happens in every thread related to those subjects and is very obnoxious, doubly so when the people coming in to talk down to the poster literally don't even understand what substance is being talked about.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is people feeling the need to condescend to anyone with any kind of weed/smoking/vaping related topic. It literally happens in every thread related to those subjects and is very obnoxious, doubly so when the people coming in to talk down to the poster literally don't even understand what substance is being talked about.
That's fair. I definitely got into some arguments here with one poster (now banned) who would always actively spread misinformation about pot whenever a vaping death headline popped up. Drove me fucking nuts.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You literally just put the flower in your vape and smoke lol. Make sure it's ground up nice. You'll get the most of your weed raising the temperature in increments. I keep it at one temp until I don't see any more vapor, then increase another 10 degrees.

Repeat until it's at 430 degrees. I've made half bowls last long enough for a thirty minute episode on Netflix.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Got a PAX 3 in 2019. Still not sure if I'm doing it right. I only do flower, but I don't ever get much visible vapor.

I've been told a lot of contradictory things. PAX rep told me to pack as tight as possible, others have said not to pack it tight.

I think my vision and being unable to tell how full the chamber is and how full it should be is a big problem for me.

I never packed my pax3 tightly. I felt like that just wasted flower. You also shouldn't be getting much vapor either, especially compared to a blunt or even cartridges.I always thought the low vapor was cool because its pretty discreet in public. Also, make sure you grind the flower really well before you place it in the chamber. It will burn better and more evenly for a better puff.