• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Guess that product listing from 2017 was real.

Bayonetta-noscale.jpg

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how every time there's a game with a lot of consistent praise that isn't a AAA Nintendo or Sony title (Death Stranding and Days Gone excluded), the game is either overrated or is liked by an irrational "cult" of people.

People need to open a thesaurus or take some sort of creative writing class to find some other way to word their opinions. This forum really has a problem with that.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Successful titles"

Were they though?
critically successful :)

It's crazy how every there's a game with a lot of consistent praise that isn't a AAA Nintendo or Sony title (Death Stranding and Days Gone excluded), the game is either overrated or is liked by an irrational "cult" of people.

People need to open a thesaurus or take some sort of creative writing class to find some other way to word their opinions. This forum really has a problem with that.
tea

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how every time there's a game with a lot of consistent praise that isn't a AAA Nintendo or Sony title (Death Stranding and Days Gone excluded), the game is either overrated or is liked by an irrational "cult" of people.

A game isn't for me? Must be overrated!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know you guys aren't doing the "we're rational" stance favor by preemptively arguing against hypothetical LTTP threads right?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If this is real, day 1 baby. I love these games, and I will own them on every platform I can. Also, Bayonetta at (maybe) 4k? Oh man.

Oct 30, 2017
The only way to get Vanquish to feel smooth is by playing it on PC.

The OG consoles versions ran pretty bad and stayed under 30 for the vast majority of time in combat.
I mean when I played it on my XB1, it felt pretty great aside from a few issues here and there. Maybe I need to go back and have another look.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The Switch gets left out in the cold :'(

Given Platinums relationship with Nintendo and the fact Vanquish has never been on a Nintendo console, the chances of them remastering it for PS4 and XB1 but not Switch is pretty low and would be a massive wasted opportunity.

Although, with Bayonetta 1 already on switch, this double pack wouldn't make much sense at all.

If I was you I'd be optimistic for Vanquish to be released for Switch a little later as a stand-alone.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Given Platinums relationship with Nintendo and the fact Vanquish has never been on a Nintendo console, the chances of them remastering it for PS4 and XB1 but not Switch is pretty low and would be a massive wasted opportunity.

Although, with Bayonetta 1 already on switch, this double pack wouldn't make much sense at all.

If I was you I'd be optimistic for Vanquish to be released for Switch a little later as a stand-alone.

I wouldn't exclude Switch getting Vanquish digital only.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Vanquish is probably the best third person shooter ever made. If it does come to PS4 as well, I'll pick this baby up for sure.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is a Sega initative, not Platinum, and Platinum didn't port either of these games to PC (which these ports are clearly based on), contracted studios like Little Stone Software did, and it's almost certainly the same here.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd definitely buy it if it hits PS4, don't have an XB. I remember playing the demo and being really intrigued, although sucking ass, and I kind of just forgot about it :/

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, more people playing these games the better, Platinum Games combat is just so good and the reason why I still replay or go back to their games every so often, like I did just this year with MGSRising, Vanquish, Bayonetta and Nier Automata. :D

CtkdsLS.gif

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This is a Sega initative, not Platinum, and Platinum didn't port either of these games to PC (which these ports are clearly based on), contracted studios like Little Stone Software did, and it's almost certainly the same here.

My bad, although that certainly doesn't prevent it happening.

I wouldn't exclude Switch getting Vanquish digital only.

Very true, probably a lot more worthwhile than doing it physically as they wouldn't have to charge as much

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
These are probably just the PC versions, right?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Sega decides the platforms, not Platinum

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
That would be nice.
But I'm honestly more interested in a Switch port, I want to play Vanquish on the toilet.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Legendary game. I remember my buddy letting me borrow this in college as I let him borrow Dark Souls.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Would this be the version number 5625656 I will buy of Bayonetta 1? I honestly lost the count at this point lol.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most rewarding Platinum trophy I acquired on the PS3. Would do it again on the PS4 in a heart beat.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I would have a chance of finishing Bayonetta. This was a lost game for on the PS3. Color me interested.