• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Imagining playing Bayo on a PS4 controller is so weird to me for some reason. I'm so used to how it feels on Switch

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Is it just me anticipating John's DF video on this as much as the games themselves lol..

there are so many ways to play bayo 1 now and vanquish really suffered being held back by last gen.

wonder if both games are native 4K 60 on Pro and X and how they might stack up on the base machines(only have a base PS4 so i gotta know)

Imagining playing Bayo on a PS4 controller is so weird to me for some reason. I'm so used to how it feels on Switch

That's how i feel about the 360 version lol, but i'll get used to it

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
I thought you didn't even like Platinum? Why do you care?
I don't "hate" them just think they are vastly overrated. I don't hate Nier Automata for example i just feel that the combat was passable and the story bits were the most interesting parts. Hell i didn't even find Vanquish that bad but again overrated (i mean who thought that level with the tall grass was a good idea). If it was sold separately i'd might of even looked into it.

MSR is a terrible however and was only spared as one of the worst metal gear games until survive happened.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Those are fair points. Bayo 1 without the stupid insta-death QTEs (which luckily Bayo 2 didn't adopt) would be close to a perfect game for me. The other stuff I didn't mind, but I think those mini games should be tweaked a bit.

I just have a strong hatred for instant death gimmicks in a game all about getting a high score at the end of the level. Feels like fake difficulty to me.

While the gameplay itself maybe deeper in Bayonetta, personally they felt about the same to me although I only went up to Very Hard on some levels, the overall package was just better for me in the sequel.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Both games look ugly and I don't mean that in a technical sense (being old games) rather both games share a weird filter that sucks the color out, almost monochromatic at times.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Both games look ugly and I don't mean that in a technical sense (being old games) rather both games share a weird filter that sucks the color out, almost monochromatic at times.

Vanquish looks like that mainly because it's going for a weird artstyle which is like a grungy version of what should be a sterile environment (MGR looked very similar, in terms of colour etc.), but Bayonetta is just brown because I dunno lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm going to buy this just to get that damn Steelbook. I already own Bayonetta on PS3/Wii U and Switch and haven't played any of the 3 versions I own. Bout to make it 4.

Last edited:

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Vanquish looks like that mainly because it's going for a weird artstyle which is like a grungy version of what should be a sterile environment (MGR looked very similar, in terms of colour etc.), but Bayonetta is just brown because I dunno lol.
It's a weird preference of them it seems, the trailer shown in the most recent State of Play for their new game has the same artistic choice (of barely having any color).

Oct 30, 2017
Is Bayonetta on the PS4 going to be as glitchy and weird as the PS3 version? Had to skip it because I heard it was such a poor version of the game and I was Xbox-less. Still Xbox-less, in fact.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to buy vanquish only ? I have bayonetta 1/2 on switch already :(

edit : already asked I see. No final answer ? I can wait if eventually it's beeing sold separately

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
after this is out, what will happen to the BC version of bayonetta 1 on XBO? will they continue to sell 2 versions?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Love the Steelbook art, it looks great.

Really happy to see Vanquish remastered @ 4k / 60fps, it's about time it got some more love. Getting a remastered Bayonetta on the same disc is a nice bonus too.

Sep 14, 2018
Remember when B was 30 fps on ps3 for some reason, shameful...

As someone who pure platinumed everything on infinite climax, Bayonetta is the best action game of all time, get it.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Remember when B was 30 fps on ps3 for some reason, shameful...

As someone who pure platinumed everything on infinite climax, Bayonetta is the best action game of all time, get it.
I'll never forget that Sony themselves helped patch the PS3 version. Hilarious!

When my 360 E74ed, I got stuck with the PS3 version for a good while. Kudos to that Sony squad for doing what they could lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Patch didn't do that much. The PS3 version was awful. I platted it regardless butthe performance and tearing were bad all around and some parts were even unplayable. Not to mention the terrible IQ.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
User banned (1 day): Platform wars
Can't wait to play this again.

Bayonetta series is seriously wasted on weak ass hardware like Nintendo Switch but if no other pub had interest...

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
If you wanted to see just one mission from this remaster collection, what would it be?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Do we know anything about this other than 4k60fps? I've played these on PC at 4K60 and they still don't look great (Vanquish in particular still has many graphical issues like chapter 4 shadows / lighting being broken) so it really needs some more improvements for me to jump on this.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Vanquish <3
That game kind of defined that generation for me, in a weird way.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope there's a version of this later on without the steelbook.