• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.vanityfair.com

“There’s No Boogeyman He Can Attack”: Angry at Kushner, Trump Awakens to the COVID-19 Danger

For weeks, Trump and his son-in-law saw the novel coronavirus mostly as a media and political problem. But the spiraling cases, plunging markets, and a Mar-a-Lago cluster finally opened eyes.

With the markets in free fall despite emergency action by the Fed over the weekend, Trump is waking up to the reality that's been clear to everyone: Coronavirus poses a once-in-a-hundred-years threat to the country. "In the last 48 hours he has understood the magnitude of what's going on," a former West Wing official told me. As Trump processes the stakes facing the country—and his presidency—he's also lashing out at advisers, whom he blames for the White House's inept and flat-footed response. Sources say a principal target of his anger is Jared Kushner. "I have never heard so many people inside the White House openly discussed how pissed Trump is at Jared," the former West Wing official said.

Jared should have trawled Facebook faster

Oct 28, 2017
It's Vanity Fair, I don't really trust it.

That being said, this is sort of on brand with Kushner being the wonder child who tasked to solve both coronavirus and Middle East relations. Peak failson.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i await his letter to dear abby on how to fix his relationship with his father in law

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Still expect this to become the pretext that he uses to switch Pence out for a new VP.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Does any of this actually matter... this stories are almost pointless at this point and do nothing to convince his supporters he is what he is.

According to his supporters on the net this is all a liberal conspiracy made to take down trump, or China lab created virus to take down the US, or a giant overreaction to something that's equivalent to the common cold, and on and on.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Still expect this to become the pretext that he uses to switch Pence out for a new VP.
I don't think he needs one, just wait for him to announce Nikki Haley is his new VP for 2020 to counter whoever Biden's VP pick is. Sad thing is Haley is respected an a competent person he had in his admin, she'd be a good pick for any republican.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Lol just because Jared could do something Trump couldn't, doesn't mean he's Superman.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he needs one, just wait for him to announce Nikki Haley is his new VP for 2020 to counter whoever Biden's VP pick is. Sad thing is Haley is respected an a competent person he had in his admin, she'd be a good pick for any republican.

I think he needs someone who appeals to the religious right.

That's Pence's only job.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Come on everyone let's give Trump a break here. His fragile ego couldn't handle the shock of being responsible for something bad.

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I read these dysfunctional trump stories, I can only do it through the lens of a future generation's Dollop podcast. The duo laughing at how ridiculous this all was and how we as a people were idiots for letting this happen.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I was not expecting the opening paragraphs to involve the goddamn NFL.

Last Thursday, as the stock market was on the way to losing nearly 2,400 points—its biggest single-day plunge since the 1987 Black Monday crash—Donald Trump was worrying about the fate of the football season. NFL players aren't scheduled to report to training camp for months, but according to a source, Trump feared that the league might preemptively announce it was following the NBA and NHL and suspend or delay operations due to the coronavirus. So Trump called NFL owners to see if any action was on the horizon. "Trump begged them not to cancel the season," a source briefed on the call said.

Trump's concern for the NFL's well-being was a stark reversal given that he spent the first two years of his presidency attacking the league and its kneeling players. It reflected Trump's magical thinking that he could manage the coronavirus pandemic by convincing people life would remain normal and sports would be played. (Last week, Trump also spoke with Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White and advised him not to cancel UFC events.) "Trump thinks this is a media problem," a Republican close to the White House told me. Treating COVID-19 as a public-relations crisis put Trump at odds with the medical community, including the White House's chief coronavirus adviser, Dr. Anthony Fauci. During an interview on Meet the Press this weekend, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases urged the United States to move toward a national lockdown similar to the actions taken by Italy and Spain. "I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting," Fauci said.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, is Trump stupid. He's relying on a silver spooned idiot like Jared?

Jared is not subject matter expert on anything.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean that twat that torpedoed the Middle East peace process by completely ignoring Palestine as an involved party? Trump absolutely deserves him

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The real world consequences from these chucklefucks is something we're going to be paying for a very long time.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Really highlights that the country isn't just being run poorly; there's nobody really running it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
He's such a dumbshit. Utterly incapable of even pretending to do the job. He has absolutely zero frame of reference for what it means to be a leader. He's never been held accountable for anything by anyone, has never held a job where he was answerable to anyone outside his immediate family. I wish nothing but the worst for him.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, so he actually understands the threat he's facing now? No more dreamworld?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
"In the last 48 hours he has understood the magnitude of what's going on," a former West Wing official told me.

That person must be new. Just give it a few hours.

Edit: Oh, former?? ...That person must not have learned anything during their time there.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
The last paragraph of that article was particularly troubling. No one really expects him to do anything, only make things worse through Twitter. That's a pretty bad spot when the greatest thing the President of the USA can do is just get out of the way and warm the bench while everyone else gets to work.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its now become obvious that our government is full of fucking morons that can't do shit when it matters.

Trump was only concerned with the economy and his ratings for the past 2 months.

He is the fucking worst and fuck anyone that supports the horrible job he has done for the last 2 months.