• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
www.vanityfair.com

Behold Dune: A New Look at Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, and More

Feuding royals. A deadly planet. Before Star Wars or Game of Thrones, there was this legendary story.

0520-Dune-Tout-Lede.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-01.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-02.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-04c.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-04a.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-06.jpg

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Weird to see Rebecca Ferguson play Timothee Chalamet's other when she's only 12 years older than him.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
"More First Looks" aka second look.

Cool costumes, and this is a brilliant cast, but yeah does't really give too much away.

I have a lot of faith in Villeneuve though.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really care for the majority of Villeneuve's work, but BR2049 is as close to being a masterpiece as a sci-fi flick can be. I have high hopes for this. Costumes are beautiful for sure.

As far as the cast is concerned, I think it seems pretty promising. Rebecca Ferguson is going to steal every scene she has. Still can't decide whether or not Zendaya can act. She is pretty bad in Euphoria and good in Spider-Man.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I like the stillsuits. Not too fond of the Atreides battle armor but it'll probably grow on me.

Article confirms the house symbols we've seen on crew gear, and that Liet Kynes has been gender-swapped with Sharon Duncan-Brewster in the role.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
The article says WB agreed on telling the story in two films like it did with "It". Up until now the line from the creatives has seemed to be "If part one is successful we will get a part two", but I wonder if this is the first confirmation that the second part is coming.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I dig the armors but I wished they'd be a bit more unique, not sure what the remind me of.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
The article says WB agreed on telling the story in two films like it did with "It". Up until now the line from the creatives has seemed to be "If part one is successful we will get a part two", but I wonder if this is the first confirmation that the second part is coming.

Going by the article it was what Villeneuve wanted otherwise he would have stepped out.

"I would not agree to make this adaptation of the book with one single movie,"says Villeneuve.
"The world is too complex. It's a world that takes its power in details."

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Don't really care for the majority of Villeneuve's work, but BR2049 is as close to being a masterpiece as a sci-fi flick can be. I have high hopes for this. Costumes are beautiful for sure.

As far as the cast is concerned, I think it seems pretty promising. Rebecca Ferguson is going to steal every scene she has. Still can't decide whether or not Zendaya can act. She is pretty bad in Euphoria and good in Spider-Man.
Ha! It's actually the only film of his I don't love, even if there are things I like about it. It's my main cause for concern, because I have found his smaller scale intimate movies more appealing than his one other big sci fi blockbuster. I will keep an open mind though.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's never come off like that to me. They've never said we'll only get the second part if the first one does well. That's entirely on people who've by default been thinking this, because that's what's made sense. I've always felt like Denis made sure Legendary would agree to do both parts before he even got off the ground.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Josh Brolin... Incredible.
Still can't decide whether or not Zendaya can act. She is pretty bad in Euphoria and good in Spider-Man.
I wouldn't regard her work as poor in any film or TV show, still, I'd actually be closer to invert that sentence. A role like MJ in Spider-Man could be played as effortlessly by many actresses, not necessarily popular or highly-talented; her Euphoria's role however is much more complex than anything she's done until now, if anything, it served to show she's ready to tackle dramatic characters with fine results, as long as it fits her age and background.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh Dune's story doesn't interest me as much anymore. Especially after knowing that it's Leto's story and his goals are what ends up being the main and most prominent story in the whole series, and it doesn't look like they're interested in ever making movies about those.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yea that caught my eye too. That almost sounded like a confirmation that the 2nd movie is locked in.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving what I'm seeing here so far. Villeneuve has been on one hell of a hot streak for ages now and it feels like Dune will be another gem from the man. Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.

I certainly hope so.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good. The only thing I can criticize is the room their standing in looks too plain in that third shot if it is indeed the palace on Arrakis. No way Harkonnens would have any room so unadorned.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
  • Nose plugs are in!
  • The blue-eye effect is more understated than Lynch's (doesn't seem to 'glow').

0520-Dune-Ebmed-02.jpg

From left:
?
?
Timithée Chalamet as Paul Atreides
Stephen Mckinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat
Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides
Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho
?
Chen Chang as Dr. Yueh
?

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I'm sure it will be great since it's Villeneuve, but I doubt it will do well at the box office. Looks like very generic sci-fi.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm really interested to see as far as the look of the movie goes is how they are going to make it look futuristic.
These days every movie/TV show tends to rely on holograms and all forms of UI/HUD interface etc to give that futuristic look, but in Dune even the simplest form of computing is forbidden so what we will get is going to be so wildly different from everything else.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha in that group picture of the Atreides house i did not recognize Jason Momoa. ^^

Not used to him without beard and non-open hair.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm really interested to see as far as the look of the movie goes is how they are going to make it look futuristic.
These days every movie/TV show tends to rely on holograms and all forms of UI/HUD interface etc to give that futuristic look, but in Dune even the simplest form of computing is forbidden so what we will get is going to be so wildly different from everything else.
Well, there are machines, just no computers, AIs and shit. You still got spaceships, etc.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope it wont bomb as BR2049. Dennis deserves Nolan sucess as far as BO goes

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha in that group picture of the Atreides house i did not recognize Jason Momoa. ^^

Not used to him without beard and non-open hair.
Same.
When a poster mentioned that Momoa is in the pic I was trying to find him, eventhough the poster labelled everyone in order. I had to squint to recognise him lol

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Honestly? Kind of feel the same way.

These stills don't look bad, but they do give off a very "cable show with a mid-high budget" vibe.

I think it will be something that hardcore sci-fi fans will love. But for the general audience, it might as well be Jupiter Ascending or something

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there are machines, just no computers, AIs and shit. You still got spaceships, etc.
Yea but all mechanical, nothing digital but still futuristic, meaning they won't even be able to rely on the usual things that we see in sci fi these days.
Like the spaceships are navigated by humans at the end of the day, so it'd be like a futuristic machine but without even the most basic form of computer.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? Kind of feel the same way.

These stills don't look bad, but they do give off a very "cable show with a mid-high budget" vibe.
That's every single pre-release still in existence though. Kind of hard to judge the movie based off these pictures without proper cinematography and color correcting.

That said, yes this movie will still bomb hard.