• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
[UPDATE]

d2cxj4q.jpg

d3m0j9a.jpg

paulwsk48.jpg

In the shot above, the transport ships descend to take the Atreides leadership to their new destination. At this point, Paul is being taught the ways of war by a veteran soldier named Gurney Halleck, played by Josh Brolin. Paul's parents, Duke Leto and Lady Jessica Atreides (Oscar Isaac and Rebecca Ferguson), must not only manage the spice mining on Arrakis—but also the politics at play in the broader galaxy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shaking in my entire body.

TELL ME OF YOUR HOMEWORLD USUL!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
dune is the fucking Dream, ya know?

it's one of those things that still could be

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Villeneuve the GOAT is going to deliver
this movie, tenet, batman and the new matrix is all i need, feels good to be excited about movies again

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Gimme more Dune! In need it. I trust in Denis, he is the chosen one who can bring this masterpiece to life!

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
In Germany the original film was called "The Desertplanet".
Is this one still have a desert setting?
Yes, both films are adaptations of the novel by Frank Herbert. This isn't Arrakis/Dune the desert planet, this is Paul's homeworld Caladan before his father Duke Leto is assigned to manage the spice harvesting on Arrakis.

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People asking about the missing sand and worms in that pic will be like people asking why Triss didn't have radioactive ginger hair in the witcher thread...

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
What are the themes of this story?
To add to what others are saying in this thread, one of the big appeals of the novels is the various houses conspiring against each other and the politics involved, think of Game of Thrones but in a feudal sci-fi setting instead of a medieval fantasy setting. George R.R. Martin basically owes everything to Frank Herbert.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Amazing how many people comment without reading the super short article that clearly explains what the planet you see is.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
This would be on Caladan, but I'm sure most of the story will be on Arrakis (Dune). All the books center around Dune, other planets are always side stories.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait. Not familiar with the IP other than what I've picked up on through osmosis but I'll watch anything Villeneuve touches.