• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
www.vanityfair.com

Ben Affleck Will Return as Batman in The Flash

His Caped Crusader will appear in the new film, which explores a DC multiverse.

Batman forever strives for a chance to set things right. That may finally happen with Ben Affleck's version of the crimefighter.

The Argo director's brooding Dark Knight is coming back for one more movie, with Affleck agreeing to return as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming big-screen version of The Flash, Vanity Fair has learned.

"His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong which is his masculinity—because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline —but he's also very vulnerable," Muschietti said in an interview. "He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance."
https://subscribe.vanityfair.com/su...E?source=HCL_VYF_GLOBAL_IN_CONTENT_FAILSAFE_0
"He's a very substantial part of the emotional impact of the movie. The interaction and relationship between Barry and Affleck's Wayne will bring an emotional level that we haven't seen before," the director added. "It's Barry's movie, it's Barry's story, but their characters are more related than we think. They both lost their mothers to murder, and that's one of the emotional vessels of the movie. That's where the Affleck Batman kicks in."

"I'm glad to be collaborating with someone who has been on both sides of the camera, too," Muschietti said. "He understands."

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! That's exciting! I know that Ben had a rough time during the Justice League reshoots. So it's good to hear that he's gonna don the suit again.

Sep 28, 2018
I knew it. Once Snyder Cut became reality, I knew the door was wide open for all sorts of DC shenanigans and I told myself I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck returned. It's 2020 after all. Here we are.