• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
13-sentinels-prologue.original.jpg

13 Sentinels is the newest game by Vanillaware, creators of Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Odin's Sphere and a lot of *chef kiss* design, they moved away from high fantasy to make a robot game and it was announced forever ago and we still have no release date (fall 2019, but who knows!!)

If you are interested in playing it early, there's a demo available right now on the japanese psn store

also port the other games to newer systems, you are missing muramasa!

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love Vanillaware, but I honestly couldn't be any less interested in this game at this point. They just haven't shown anything fun or interesting about it, and you can't just sell me on only your amazing art style.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't really understand what the game is. Is it just a sidescrolling VN? An adventure game? Do the mechs do anything gameplay wise?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They've already dated it so I'm sure they know it's time. Judging from the demo, it seems really ambitious so it's understandable it's taken a while.

Oct 27, 2017
13-sentinels-prologue.original.jpg

13 Sentinels is the newest game by Vanillaware, creators of Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Odin's Sphere and a lot of *chef kiss* design, they moved away from high fantasy to make a robot game and it was announced forever ago and we still have no release date (fall 2019, but who knows!!)

If you are interested in playing it early, there's a demo available right now on the japanese psn store

also port the other games to newer systems, you are missing muramasa!

How do you know it's time? Is the game ready?

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Whatever happens with this game I just hope it doesn't end up really bad for Vanillaware. I don't want another Hudson or Cing situation.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
One thing is sure: they love to take their fucking time making games.

I'll be here day one tho

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to just get this for the aesthetic alone, though I do wish they would use this style and make it a Muramasa style game. I'm kinda over fantasy aesthetic, despite how beautiful it looks.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Has there been any gameplay? I really loved the Odin Sphere remaster that came out a few years ago and would love to play something similar, but I haven't seen any actual gameplay...

Bartalome

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Has there been any gameplay? I really loved the Odin Sphere remaster that came out a few years ago and would love to play something similar, but I haven't seen any actual gameplay...

See the post above yours…it's an adventure game. People seem to have a really hard time to wrap their head around this.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Every thread on this game always has multiple posters being all "Have they even shown gameplay I don't understand what genre this game is" and every thread on this game always has multiple posters explaining that it is an adventure game where you walk around, talk to people, and choose dialogue options.

Have there been any import impressions for the Prologue that came out recently?

the only thing i remember hearing about the demo is that it teases another vanillaware game