• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing this at PSX 2017. It was really cool, but had some issues. That was a long time ago though, hope that most of those issues have been ironed out.

Edit: Actually I think it was PSX 2016. Man, time flies.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The patch to fix issues people were having is out. Just in case anyone was holding off on buying it for that reason.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really cool. Probably my most anticipated game of the first half of the year.

Hoping it reviews well, so I can pick it up. Otherwise, been avoiding all media related to it, so as not to spoil myself. If it's anything like Rime (which I loved), will get it day 1.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's beyond sad and hilarious in a way, how such a unique rare gem gets so little attention. It's looks like basically a new "Team Ico" masterpiece, a once in years true work of art experieince. Been on the most wanted list since, well the announcement in 2014.
I mean, there are no impressions about whether it's good or not, so

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All in all we are super excited for the big day and can't wait to see what people think. Got any more questions, keep 'em coming!
Thanks for dropping in! Not sure if you're the person to ask, but do you know if there's a release planned for the game's soundtrack? I haven't heard the full thing yet, obviously, but what I've heard in trailers has me interested in purchasing.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
Knocked it out of the park with that title, OP. Will be picking this up over the next few days.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been following this since reveal and I was on the fence about pre-ordering, but I'm very low on funds at the moment so I'm going to sit this one out and wait for a significant sale. I hope it's good though and I'll be following this topic to check out opinions!

Ă„lg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Wow! I remember seeing the teaser for this back during TGS 2014. I had to go back and see if this was really that same game; it looks very different from back then but the art style was really familiar.

I had totally missed that it was actually coming out, I thought it was vaporware at this point. Looks really cool though, will probably pick this up if the reviews are good!

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That first section when the music hits was REALLY cool, sounded amazing.
This has totally grabbed me from the start.

people

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it was one of the prior issues, but I just got stuck in a pushing-an-imaginary-object animation/state. After closing/restarting the application, it threw me back to the start of the 'second part'
where you first start as a bird
So that was a bit of a bummer.

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I hope you like black bars cos this game has black bars.

So far RE: performance there is a little judder/stutter (base PS4) but nothing gamebreaking at this early point.

The bird requires X tapping to gain faster speed so hope you're ok with that and there is no way to customise controls. There's actually no options at all.

ivars

Jan 14, 2019

So far RE: performance there is a little judder/stutter (base PS4) but nothing gamebreaking at this early point.

The bird requires X tapping to gain faster speed so hope you're ok with that and there is no way to customise controls. There's actually no options at all.

Here's a little tip: While tapping will accelerate you quickly from a standstill, finding a good rythm with long presses of the button will maintain the speed as you fly around. Diving will give you a speed boost, but going straight up takes a lot of effort.
You can also use the right trigger for flapping if you rather use your index than your thumb :)

4k, hdr on the Pro? Anyone know?

No 4k or HDR support I'm afraid.

Thanks for dropping in! Not sure if you're the person to ask, but do you know if there's a release planned for the game's soundtrack? I haven't heard the full thing yet, obviously, but what I've heard in trailers has me interested in purchasing.

Yes, we want to release the OST at some point! Still working out the details around that.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

If no way to turn them off... -_-

Hope devs will consider a future patch to remove them as a toggle, can't stand forced letterbox in games. Damn that's frustrating to hear.

I'll still get it

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it was one of the prior issues, but I just got stuck in a pushing-an-imaginary-object animation/state. After closing/restarting the application, it threw me back to the start of the 'second part'
where you first start as a bird
So that was a bit of a bummer.

Also,
It seems there is some Journey-like passive co-op going on. I encountered a bird that did not behave as other 'NPC birds'.
Are you playing with the 1.02 patch?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There's already walkthrough and gameplay videos on Youtube, if you 1) wanted to avoid spoilers or 2) wanted to see what the game looked/played like

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
fun fact: while the theme uses in-game assets, I had to do some ... creative modelling for the background elements, like the tower and the flocks of birds, to get the perspective to look right . . . :p

OP
OP
SirNinja

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Just a few more hours...

fun fact: while the theme uses in-game assets, I had to do some ... creative modelling for the background elements, like the tower and the flocks of birds, to get the perspective to look right . . . :p
It's a really excellent theme, you all did an incredible job with it. It'll be on my dash for a long time for sure

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I can't figure out if I want to play this or not. Do we know how long it is? I'm kind of expending a Journey like experience. I'm a big ICO and SotC fan so it is tempting for sure.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Here's a little tip: While tapping will accelerate you quickly from a standstill, finding a good rythm with long presses of the button will maintain the speed as you fly around. Diving will give you a speed boost, but going straight up takes a lot of effort.
You can also use the right trigger for flapping if you rather use your index than your thumb :)

Thanks for replying.

I actually tried out holding the button right after posting that because I'd just been playing RDR2 before Vane unlocked.

It's cool so far, I'm glad the bird controls have a bit of nuance to them.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks really cool, I wasn't planning on buying anything else this month but I might just have to pick this up, I love the visuals.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Man this one flew completely under my radar! Getting strong Ico and Rime vibes from this one. Hopefully it's better than Rime, I loved their atmosphere, but some of the spaces were a little cramped and gameplay at times was clumsy.

Hopefully this one turns up aces! Anticipates reviews....

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I can't figure out if I want to play this or not. Do we know how long it is? I'm kind of expending a Journey like experience. I'm a big ICO and SotC fan so it is tempting for sure.
So... is this similar to Journey/Abzu? Any word on the actual game part?
I'm about 30 minutes in and it's far more of an Ico/SotC style game than a very linear, guided adventure game like Journey/Abzu. There's a lot of exploring and trying to figure things out.

I'm really enjoying it so far but I wish it had more polish. Platforming feels very clumsy and performance is pretty rocky. I also encountered one bug where I was stuck in the gliding animation and wouldn't let me turn, call or do anything. I ended up having to quit to the main menu and losing progress. But like I said, I'm still really enjoying it so far.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
First impressions... gorgeous visuals, some of the exterior vistas evoke Ralph McQuarrie vibes. Initial platforming sections are pretty rough, collision detection/falling through the world bugs. Feels too floaty and imprecise, I just hit an invisible wall during a jump that sent me back to square one in this section :/

Will keep plugging along but hope they can tighten the platforming sections via patch.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Don't understand what am i supposed to do to this tower at the beginning of the game... the game keeps telling me I should press triangle, the birds stay there for a moment but nothing happens.

:(

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Don't understand what am i supposed to do to this tower at the beginning of the game... the game keeps telling me I should press triangle, the birds stay there for a moment but nothing happens.

:(
Land on the weather vane, wait for the other crows to land on it, press triangle and an event should then happen.

If that event isn't triggering then maybe quit back to the main menu and reload your save?

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
Oh man, I had claimed this OT and had it up and running in my draft thread, but totally spaced and thought it came out next week for some reason, so thanks for this.

I just saw the dev tweeted that it was available and about had a heart attack. I've been awaiting this day for years!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
More impressions...good Lord this game is pretty. The materials shader and lighting is really something else. Also the soundtrack is splendid, some of those discordant themes once you get inside the first big interior as the boy...chills!

Ran into another falling through geometry bug and am stuck... forcing me to go back to the main menu to reload from a previous point. This could really use a load option or previous checkpoint load within the pause menu, no reason the player should have to go to the main menu to do this.

Feeling warmer towards it than I did earlier but that's mostly down to the audio visual bells and whistles, this title really could use more patching.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
It did trigger an event but after that?

The golden globe is still inside that cage.
What do you mean? The crows should've flown away after the sparkly objects, right? Follow them. If you're at an object that you can't interact with yet, maybe go explore and try to find other things in the world that'll help you.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Thisngame really needs a save system within Acts. Especially with all the bugs forcing you to restart. But even without those... got stuck on a puzzle last night quite some time into act 2. Not being able to quit without forfeiting your progress just straight sucks.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, remember there's only 8 people in this team, so cut them some slack on bug-hunting & polish.

Miss me with this, I paid for a non early access title, I expect a certain level of QA attention paid that doesn't consistently mess with my progression. I just lost about 40 minutes of progress due to yet another geometry stuck bug. The devs seriously need to consider implementing more checkpoints per area because as is it's just absurd having to do an entire area all over again due to progression stopping bugs.

I want to enjoy it more but this is one of the buggiest releases I've come across in a long while. Might wait till devs patch it up more before taking another crack at it.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Disappointing that there's still no reviews for this.

Saying it's like a Team ICO game doesn't tell me if it's good or not. I was super excited for Rime, but ended up finding it super boring, despite loving ICO, Shadow, Last Guardian, Journey, Abzu, etc.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing that there's still no reviews for this.

Saying it's like a Team ICO game doesn't tell me if it's good or not. I was super excited for Rime, but ended up finding it super boring, despite loving ICO, Shadow, Last Guardian, Journey, Abzu, etc.
I found Rime pretty boring too. Vane's a lot better.