• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Her outburst is racist as fuck, and I'm not trying to defend her, but it seems to me what set her off was that the staff was speaking to each other in another language she doesn't understand....I mean it still doesn't justify her crazy rude outburst, but I can see what triggered her was probably insecure feelings of "are they insulting me in Chinese"? I think that's why she was calling them "rude".
lol. What are you doing dude. You don't have to do the devil's advocate thing

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
This is where you need to stop your post to avoid defending her:

For future clarity.

Yeah like I said I'm not defending her, I'm just trying to explain what might have triggered her racist outburst. I admit I have been in the same situation before. Although I'm also a minority, I have been in situations where I'm confronting a group of people and they start talking to each other in their own language and I have no way to respond. It can be frustrating. Of course I'm always able to control myself but I can see how something like this can be especially triggering to racist people.

deadbass

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah like I said I'm not defending her, I'm just trying to explain what might have triggered her racist outburst. I admit I have been in the same situation before. Although I'm also a minority, I have been in situations where I'm confronting a group of people and they start talking to each other in their own language and I have no way to respond. It can be frustrating. Of course I'm always able to control myself but I can see how something like this can be especially triggering to racist people.

Yeah, but why are you explaining this? We all know that's what set her off. You haven't elucidated anything.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
If they're talking to each other, why do you need to respond?

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
If they're talking to each other, why do you need to respond?

I guess since you are unable to defend/explain yourself, maybe it can cause feelings of anxiety or helplessness. At least that's how I sometimes feel in those situations. But of course that's no excuse to start screaming and insulting people. A rational civilized person should be able to handle those situations in a calm manner.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I don't know how I feel about this. Her outburst was uncalled for by all means, but sometimes I feel like internet vigilantism mob mentality takes it too far. Maybe it's a case by case basis, but is her losing a job and effectively ruining her prospects of future jobs (essentially ruining her life) really justice? She has a kid to take care of and he will be impacted the most. I dunno. She will make an apology no doubt, and she might get fired by her employer because it could make them look bad. What I just don't like about it is harassing the business with phone calls to get her fired and the death threats. I get the internet upload thing, but the death threats and what not are too much. Sigh

She should be punished but I wish she can apologize and learn from it vs getting fired right off the bat and having her life ruined.
No thanks, she's a racist cunt. Have a nice day!

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Her outburst is racist as fuck, and I'm not trying to defend her, but it seems to me what set her off was that the staff was speaking to each other in another language she doesn't understand....I mean it still doesn't justify her crazy rude outburst, but I can see what triggered her was probably insecure feelings of "are they insulting me in Chinese"? I think that's why she was calling them "rude".
This is one of the most weak-sauce excuses I've ever heard for someone having a racist outburst.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I won't try to defend her but I will defend her.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I'm not defending her... I'm just coming up with up with victim blaming excuses so I can indirectly defend her

Newsflash, people: No one cares about your theories, or hunches, or hypothesis on what sets off a bigot.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington

Spinluck

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
That poor kid.

Always some crazy racist white lady on some "lemme see the store manager" shit too.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh racist and sent me back to my years in retail of screaming cunts throwing fits over nothing.

I wish customers weren't protected from getting their asses called out by staff.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
User Banned (2 Weeks): Encouraging doxxing
Detective Era please do your thang?

Time for her to lose her job me thinks or have her social media blow up.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Doxxing is not acceptable, regardless of who the target is.
Detective Era please do your thang?

Time for her to lose her job me thinks or have her social media blow up.
I think it's this person: [Mod Edit: Do NOT DOX people] but I'm basing that on FB comments. Her name is [Mod Edit: Do NOT DOX people]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
"I'm not racist, I eat Chinese all the time"
T9cAiy1.gif

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Wow, I got like 10 quotes on this. My intention was not to defend her actions. I'm not condoning what she has said/done. What she did is despicable, there's no doubt about that. And yes, I do say she should be punished (being publicly shamed and having it viral is arguably enough). Unfortunately her son is going to pay for it the most.

The point I was trying to make is that I believe in second chances for people.To apologize, learn from their mistakes and grow to become better people. Am I too optimistic in believing in people? Maybe. Do I think getting her fired by contacting and harassing her employer is justified? I don't know. But what often follows is that their life is completely ruined because there's a small minority that takes it too far IMO (death threats, online stalking, other forms of harrassment to make sure they are never employed again or for a while). I'm afraid it can turn into a dangerous slippery slope in other instances when the situations are ambiguous. I'm a small minority.

and my condolences for the workers that had to go through this. I'm sure it will work itself out in the end.

Sorry for the edits

Last edited:

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how weird that the we get it guy never came back

Because clearly people had started dogpiling on the person and wanted to attack them. What did you expect? You really think they will come back when we know everyone has already made up their mind? We can say that that poster is insensitive but do we really need people still talking about it 3 pages later and making this topic go off rails?

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Because clearly people had started dogpiling on the person and wanted to attack them. What did you expect? You really think they will come back when we know everyone has already made up their mind? We can say that that poster is insensitive but do we really need people still talking about it 3 pages later and making this topic go off rails?

I think "insensitive" is a generous assessment.

To me, the post was performatively indifferent. I assume the poster never came back because they had no interest in discussing the subject in the first place. Their post suggests they see no value in anyone discussing it.

People are going to be bothered by that. Since can you put yourself in that poster's shoes, I'm sure you can see it from someone else's perspective, too.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think "insensitive" is a generous assessment.

To me, the post was performatively indifferent. I assume the poster never came back because they had no interest in discussing the subject in the first place. Their post suggests they see no value in anyone discussing it.

People are going to be bothered by that. Since can you put yourself in that poster's shoes, I'm sure you can see it from someone else's perspective, too.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I go to that Shopers Drug Mart. Everybody on social media are also blaming the people for not standing up to the employees. The guy just filmed, uploaded and did nothing to say thats wrong. Society nowadays just films and does nothing
Yeah, EVERY TIME I see some video like this, I always wonder why no one has the guts to call people the names they deserve.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
When I was like 15, this probably 8 or 9 year old kid came up to my mom in the grocery store and just went "ew Chinese people smell disgusting" which is sad because my mom was born and raised in Chicago and speaks no language other than English.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this. Her outburst was uncalled for by all means, but sometimes I feel like internet vigilantism mob mentality takes it too far. Maybe it's a case by case basis, but is her losing a job and effectively ruining her prospects of future jobs (essentially ruining her life) really justice? She has a kid to take care of and he will be impacted the most. I dunno. She will make an apology no doubt, and she might get fired by her employer because it could make them look bad. What I just don't like about it is harassing the business with phone calls to get her fired and the death threats. I get the internet upload thing, but the death threats and what not are too much. Sigh

She should be punished but I wish she can apologize and learn from it vs getting fired right off the bat and having her life ruined.
Maybe she should get a job working retail at a store and learn to respect people and not be racist.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Could we use the word "cunt" on Era? I remember it was bannable in the old place?

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea

the poster is not a public figure getting "cancelled." they inserted themselves into a conversation other people were trying to have.

easiest way to avoid unwanted conversations is to avoid them or use the ignore thread button, rather than do whatever and expect everyone else to be good sports about it

your lazy link drop suggests you don't want to talk about it either, which is fine

really, it's fine

Oct 2, 2018
There's so many of these sort of videos online. Fucking idiots need to get over their mono culture mindset; there's plenty of misc cultures outside of their own. Deal with it.