• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
People here acting like he is admitting to his faults of enabling and working with the president and his family.

He's not.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to bother getting into the Van Jones character fight in this thread. Just going to say his words resonated with me in this clip too and I also shed tears watching the coverage with my daughter . What he said was real.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
He cried. So what? He is a tv personality. He knows how to drum up emotion for ratings. Dude is a hack and a joke and I would like to not see him anymore.

Personally, he can fuck off.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I mean he can honestly feel and be allowed a release of those emotions while also being called out for having fucked up a lot in the last four years. It's not black-and-white, I really wish people on this site would stop looking at things like that.

More importantly though I'm worried that a lot of people much worse than this are going to get away with all their bullshit. All the Trump supporters are just gonna quietly take down their flags and put away their hats and we will have to move forward under the guise of "OK let's all come together we have to heal our wounds" and if you try to hold the past against them they'll just throw that in your face. They're going to get off scot free

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Dude's repeatedly proved that he's naive AF, yes, but his heart is in the right place. I can absolutely appreciate that.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Crocodile tears as he recalibrates the optics for his career.

Pure self interested theatrics from a spineless cretin.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I did not know Jones was helping out Trump. I guess in away he was trying to reform Trump's sense of humanity, but it didn't work.

xRKQ2gd.jpeg

If we let all the dickheads in the media who enabled those garbage people just get of the hook like that, I am sure they will learn nothing and do exactly the same bullshit for the next Trump that comes along.

Surprised this photo isn't coming back to haunt him.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Right after he said he agreed with Rick Santorum we should empathize with all the white-racists who lost (not in those words, but that was the gist of it). Santorum was playing the white "victim" card.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Nah I'm cool with giving Van Jones absolutely no credit. Dude cozied up to the Trumps.

Oct 25, 2017
Van Jones is firmly in useful idiot catagory at this point and tbh that me giving far too much credit.
We, as a society, can move past Van Jones.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take one of these messages from a non Uncle Tom. Thanks

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Yall remember all the flags and yard signs that read:

Trump 2020: Make Liberals Cry Again

Technically not wrong.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's said some frankly embarrassing things but I cannot fault him trying to affect change and make a bad situation slightly better however peacemeal it was.

his emotions are valid and im not going to question them even if I don't agree with his MO.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
What if Van Jones is a psychopath and is faking all of this

Ok so i know everyone makes fun of the video but i looked at the date of it. feb 2017.. can we cut this guy some slack?

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice speech ... from somebody I dont trust.

Not that I cant forgive him, but not today.

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly feels like watching wrestling with these political talking heads.

Van Jones the face that has suffered years and his team came out on top.

Santorum the heel supporting the monster administration lol

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
That video was super corny and insincere to me and probably a bunch of other people

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this guy to one who always goes "This is the moment Donald Trump became president." among other stuff?

MorganFreakman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this is just so emblematic to me of the entire media landscape the last couple of days when it became obvious that Trump was going to lose. Hundreds of Anchors, journalists, producers, editors, and executives legitimized the Trump admin day after day for four years through some of the cruelest policies and toxic discourse we've ever seen. Now suddenly all of them have a spine? Yeah fuck that shit

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly feels like watching wrestling with these political talking heads.

Van Jones the face that has suffered years and his team came out on top.

Santorum the heel supporting the monster administration lol
That's not by accident. It's the way Jeff Zucker has approached running CNN. IIRC, he has explicitly said he wants "antagonists" on the air.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Because he worked with Trump? Maybe he thought he could make a difference. Maybe over the last 4 years he realized he was wrong.

But nah, let's just continue constant negativity at all times. I, on the other hand, can look at him and at least agree with what he's saying, and consider, maybe he fucking means it.

yep

The cynicism and all or nothing mentality that stems from online discourse is really fucking disheartening at times

great message