• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Is the writing for the NPCs interesting? I feel making me care about them is pretty essential to the core dilemma of playing the game.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So annoyed that greenman code hasn't arrived. Do you know if cdkeys have the preorder dlc too?

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Yo thanks to everyone who tuned into the stream earlier. It's been great reading the (generally) positive impressions from early players here, hope the game is cool for the rest of you still waiting! 2 hours!

Thanks for popping into the thread! Can't wait to play tomorrow - been eagerly awaiting this one since it was announced.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap.

It was worth the wait. I love the atmosphere, writing and how you can literally talk with anyone. There really aren't any "normal" NPCs like they've promised. Talking to people, discovering their secrets and knowing them to then be able to use the knowledge... I won't spoil what can you do here, but oh boooooy.

I rarely replay games but I already know I will go through this once again.

And yeah, combat isn't the best but I was afraid it will be total jank. It isn't. Feels a bit like in Let it Die tbh.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap.

It was worth the wait. I love the atmosphere, writing and how you can literally talk with anyone. There really aren't any "normal" NPCs like they've promised. Talking to people, discovering their secrets and knowing them to then be able to use the knowledge... I won't spoil what can you do here, but oh boooooy.

And yeah, combat isn't the best but I was afraid it will be total jank. It isn't. Feels a bit like in Let it Die tbh.
I'm more and more leaning toward grabbing this. Hoping the PC version is a good port because I'll be on it right when it unlocks if it is.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Hella pumped to play this tonight.
Yep. We can all see your face of excitement for it :P
4193.jpg

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Greenmangaming late with keys again...game unlocks in like 12 minutes and still no key.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
£50 on PSN... damn I thought this was going to be another Life Is Strange priced title! I guess there's more game here? (Although I loved the game length of LiS, still took me maybe 20 hurts to complete going at my own pace and soaking it in).

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Holy crap.

That sounds amazing. Can't wait to finally play tonight.

The last game I played that was populated with unique NPCs was... Bully? Though there were normal NPCs to fill out the game, I really liked that you could meet and interact with everyone, and do dumb stuff like take all of their pictures for the yearbook.

Maybe Dontnod can work on a new Bully game next?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
it's not ticking any of the flashy trend boxes so it's doomed in terms of buzz.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. Needs more battle royale.

Holy crap.

Oh my

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
£50 on PSN... damn I thought this was going to be another Life Is Strange priced title! I guess there's more game here? (Although I loved the game length of LiS, still took me maybe 20 hurts to complete going at my own pace and soaking it in).
Its about a 30 hour game if you do everything, apparently.

Oct 27, 2017
Bitten by the hype... May have just pre-ordered based on the user impressions in here. 21GB download, in case anyone cares.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

The last game I played that was populated with unique NPCs was... Bully? Though there were normal NPCs to fill out the game, I really liked that you could meet and interact with everyone, and do dumb stuff like take all of their pictures for the yearbook.

They already did a good test run with Life Is Strange. Private school + the town around it

Oct 26, 2017
Saw this video on my YouTube

He gives it an 8. Really liked most of it, except the stiff character faces and such but that's about it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Had no idea this was a $60 game, thought it was just going to be a $20 choose your own adventure type title. My hype has risen like the undead.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Usually not one for pre-ordering but I pre-ordered this today since I knew I was gonna play it anyway. Really excited for it :)!

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know how diverse the game world is? I mean does it all look samey or is there a good variety of locations here?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely getting hyped now.

Thinking about playing the game as close to a choice-by-choice basis as possible. Rather than a run with clear outlines, like a "no kill" or "kill em all" pkaytrhrough, I'll just take it as it comes.

Yeah... this is how I've been playing games lately. Whatever happens, happens.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how diverse the game world is? I mean does it all look samey or is there a good variety of locations here?
I'll let people who have actually played the game maybe expand on this, but from the previews, it's set in a small area but filled with a lot of detail and unique NPCs, kinda like the Yakuza games; it's not a massive open world RPG.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge Shenmue fan and yes the two themes/settings are far from similar but I feel like the care into NPC's, world building, investigations, and atmosphere are points that made Shenmue so special. It looks like DONTNOD has put a major emphasis on these concepts so I had to preorder it on psn. Can't wait to see how well this comes together.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. We can all see your face of excitement for it :P
4193.jpg
<3

They already did a good test run with Life Is Strange. Private school + the town around it
Oh god, that would be amazing just as a dream game haha. And yeah, Bully is one of the few games I can think of, the unique NPCs angle is one of the reasons I started to get interested in Vampyr.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll let people who have actually played the game maybe expand on this, but from the previews, it's set in a small area but filled with a lot of detail and unique NPCs, kinda like the Yakuza games; it's not a massive open world RPG.

Basically one city probably and that's about it. For the kind of game it is it sounds perfect.