• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
The masquerade has been breached! Gehenna has come so saith The Book of Nod!

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm down to watch this stupid shit lol

Off topic, but what's with the trend of removing vowels from words? Why is it Trvl and not Travel?

I think in this case, it's Travel channel rebranding themselves, and trying to be similar to other TV channels: NBC, FOX.....

Travel is a universal word and concept. Removing the vowels was a short, bold, quick read that is ownable in this entertainment space. It's modern, practical and just flat-out cool. TRVL as a wordmark is built for a world where uniqueness, clarity and instant connection are critical.

Link

As for others, I bet it's due to companies trying to come up with a catchy abbreviations for gen-z to use.

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Tourist did an episode on Vampires. He interviewed them and they were all serious until he told them he wanted to see them drink blood. They used a needle to prick someone and they "drank" a tiny drop of blood. It was ridiculous and pretty embarrassing frankly. He totally called their bluff, you could tell they were just making it up as they went along haha
www.rottentomatoes.com

Dark Tourist: Season 1, Episode 3 | Rotten Tomatoes

David looks into the bizarre tour industry built around Jeffrey Dahmer, meeting both the serial killer's fans and the women who defended him in court; he then travels to meet real vampires in New Orleans and visits the site of the JFK assassination.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Put it next to all the other "science" shows on Discovery+

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
The Curse of Oak Island
Portals to Hell
Expedition Bigfoot
Mountain Monsters

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Slight spoiler: The bandannas they are wearing around their necks in the trailer are made of real kevlar to protect them from vampire bites. This is a real thing that was said by two grown men.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember once upon a time when TLC and Discovery Channel had educational content.

IBBYzhr.png

Keanu is starting to show his age now, but I guess that would eventually have to start after 500+ years of living.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
This is amazing. Pretty sure I watched a documentary on HBO already about South Western vampires in Louisiana. It was called True Blood or something like that. Now, that was real journalism!

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
at this point they're just daring congress to pay attention to them again.

'whatddya gonna do? "regulate" us? hahah'

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Slight spoiler: The bandannas they are wearing around their necks in the trailer are made of real kevlar to protect them from vampire bites. This is a real thing that was said by two grown men.
Did they even try to explain the thermodynamics of it? 'Cause like, I'm pretty sure a vampire would need to drink a lot of humans' worth of blood to maintain their metabolism. I don't know enough biology to do the math, but I'm pretty sure the energy density of blood is pretty terrible.

Vampires only work if there's magic involved and it's all life force stuff. If they're trying to present it as just a biology thing... 20k vampires are gonna need to be murdering a lot of people.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
they might stop a high velocity bite, but they're in trouble if the vampire decided to bite them nice and slow.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"Violence against marginalized groups is surging in this country."

Two White Guys: "...must be vampires..."

I mean, think about it logically for a second.

It absolutely, 100% can't be systemic and institutionalized racism, perpetuated over centuries in this country. The facts just don't back it up. Now vampires...that shit tracks.

If we don't root out this vampire crisis, this country is fucked. Full stop.

Also, I really need to watch this documentary, because it seems like the kind of absurdity I need in my life this month.

Feb 20, 2022
Is this the universe where vampires are real? Or the one where they're a myth? I keep forgetting which one this is

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
"Ghost Hunters."

On "Travel" Channel.

...Wow.

Well I think I was wrong because Wiki says Ghost Hunters was on the Sci Fi channel which makes more sense. I might have confused with Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel and the Travel Channel was inundated with ghost tv shows after Ghost Hunters was a big hit. I guess you can sell it as they are TRAVELING to different locations n shit. It's loose lol.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
"A recent and alarming surge in homicides and missing persons cases in the southwest US has vampire hunters concerned that a large group of vampires may have emerged from hibernation."

This seems grossly irresponsible to spin actual crime and the distress of real people over missing loved ones as some daft 'monsters did it' crap, even if it's just to look at how crazy 'vampire hunters' are.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
But it's live vampires vampires or psychic vampires? We don't know much about the latter and they scare me

Oct 27, 2017
So, as we ALL know, vampires carry around soil from their homeland. After a kill, they deposit some of this soil as a message to other vampires. Basic stuff.

Because the soil of their Eastern European homelands are high in ammonia, the hunters carry a kit to test the soil for ammonia. As it tests positive, a musical sting adds to the tension. Could this be the site of a vampire attack? What are the next steps of the ONLY vampire hunting duo in America?

"It is possible that the soil was contaminated with animal urine, so we will need to send it to a lab for confirmation."

Genius.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I always wonder how shows like this last for so long. Like obviously people watch it, but more so, how do you drag premises like this out for years and years?

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I jokingly told my wife that there better be a scene of them storming a vampire den and then like five minutes later the German dude starts talking about his machete and the Steve Bannon looking mother fucker is like LET'S FUCKING GO! ....OMG this thing goes places magical.

Nov 3, 2021
This one is particularly funny because the evolution of vampire lore is well documented, and suddenly these people are claiming to see things in real life that some fiction author would proudly tell you that they invented.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I thought we all agree that the vampires are real because they exist in Congress...

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Strange tie in to the 2nd Inquisition book just released for Vampire v5 but whatever gets the IP more exposure.

Bloodhunt tie in when

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
This is bullshit. The last person they tried claiming was a vampire was a regular human bartender.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
Its funny how in the sentence "vampire hunters concerned that a large group of vampires may have emerged from hibernation", you can replace both uses of 'vampire' with anything from werewolves to aliens, zombies to mutants without changing the pointlessness of it all. It's like asking a Roswell conspiracy theorist whether they think the US Air Force is in on it.