• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE. I would love another VTM game. If they could find a way to bring back everyone's favorite mentally disturbed club owner that'd be great as well. Set it in the 90s as well, please. Hell yeah.

Damn. I would buy this hell out of this.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little leery, just because Bloodlines 2 would have a HUGE legacy to live up to.

Plus, games have advanced a LOT since the original came out, and while the social aspect wouldn't be impossible to replicate, it would take a lot of under-the-hood modifications to keep the combat, social/exploration, and vampire mythology tie together with the advances that have since been made.

That being said, I'd totally be there day 1, even if it does end up being NWOD instead of OWOD.

Micius

May 20, 2018
Another good World of Darkness themed game would be so wonderful. I think some of the characters and dialogue from The Witcher series managed to match the level of writing of Bloodlines for me personally but if they could bring back the Masquerade setting with updated graphics and game mechanics it would be an instant buy in my book.

OP
OP
visvim

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vampyr looks very good, and by far the closest thing we have to the original game here since. I am going to day 1 it for the team but have high hopes

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did someone say bloodlines :)

VampireBloodlines_Motivational_by_meMilly.jpg

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't want to poo poo on the thread too much but "currently considering possibilities" is such non news, in my opinion. I mean, the IP owners (of anything) are always considering possibilities. What's the alternative?

Makes for good buzz, though.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
give it to obsidian! why hasn't this happened yet? it's such an obvious thing to do and if you don't have the budget to do a 3D bloodlines sequel use the PoE engine and make it isometric! i mean while i would prefer a big budget 3D RPG, i'm pretty sure a vampire rpg would sell more than the PoE series, no matter if it's isometric or 3D so i seriously don't get why obsidian isn't already deep in development for a game like that

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Obsidian is right there.

Give it to them.
I mean Obsidian is fine and all. But are they really Troika level? I say this not to say Obsidian isn't a worthy successor, but Troika was special and I miss them ;-;
Edit: Missed the post about a bunch of ex Troika peeps being at Obsidian. Go right the heck ahead then.
Wasn't there a isometric vampire game? I seem to recall something like that but that might have been an MMO as well.
You might be thinking of Redemption, it had a more traditional CRPG interface with a party and all.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a isometric vampire game? I seem to recall something like that but that might have been an MMO as well.
The first Vampire pc rpg Redemption was isometric, and about as broken as Bloodlines was for a while - turned me of playing bloodlines for the longest time.

That being said, I'm curious how this would be designed now, since I always felt the areas of LA felt incredibly small in Source. Hopefully a sequel would open things up a little more. And with the right devs, no activision or Source restrictions, I think it could be great, but it should also try to be another game as Bloodlines is to Redemption, not just more Bloodlines straight up.

Am more curious where the Werewolf game is at right now since it's actually in active development, bu the article doesn't mention it

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The first Vampire pc rpg Redemption was isometric, and about as broken as Bloodlines was for a while - turned me of playing bloodlines for the longest time.

That being said, I'm curious how this would be designed now, since I always felt the areas of LA felt incredibly small in Source. Hopefully a sequel would open things up a little more. And with the right devs, no activision or Source restrictions, I think it could be great, but it should also try to be another game as Bloodlines is to Redemption, not just more Bloodlines straight up.

Am more curious where the Werewolf game is at right now since it's actually in active development, bu the article doesn't mention it
It was shown off at a French conference recently... behind closed doors, lol. All we know is some concept art and the basic story.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Vampyr is the closest thing to a sequel we will ever get.. and it was great imo