• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if anything I wonder what goes on at Paradox rather than Hardsuit.

Given that, from Historical reference (no pun intended), Paradox seems to be incredibly hard to work with given how, apart from Colossal Order, the vast majority of outside-studios that have partnered with them in the past end up cutting-ties with them after only one or two games instead of having a long-term relationship.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of insane how long this game has been available for pre-order even though it was clear how different the actual development status is. There's even pre-order bonuses on the Steam page, like wtf

first_blood_relaunch.jpg

Edit: and this chart

comparison-chart-steam.png

Probably coming at the same time as the dead island 2 beta
B1SLEZOCAAAyOTz.jpg

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
They might not even have one yet.

This says they have a collab with a new studio to finish the game. Seems weird to me that they would not name them

We just got the official PR as well, nested within a year-end report. Worded pretty much the same:
www.paradoxinteractive.com

Year-end Report 2020 - Paradox Interactive

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

Nov 8, 2017
I preordered the Blood Moon edition less than 15 minutes after the game was announced, lol.

I'm mainly just desperate to find out the juicy gossip about what the fuck is going on behind the scenes.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Shit. Though, at this point I'm almost glad Hardsuit is not doing it anymore.

Maybe some of the creatives who left will be back now? Who knows. Some of the initial previews were glowing and the devs were saying all the right things, shame it came to this.

I thought Hardsuit was doing everything right (except needing multiple delays). Is there more info on their work in the game? Why is it good a different team will be in charge now?

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell

So everybody that worked on the first game is now gone?

This'll be Bloodlines in name only?

It was already Bloodlines in name only the second they fired Brian Mitsoda, Hardsuit has no particular credibility on this. He was the only reason this announcement had any cache at all. This latest mess is just another disaster along the way.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Damn, this is surprising. Even more surprising that they didn't immediately name who the new developer is leading the project. Definitely a worrying sign overall.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but this game always had the feeling that it was never going to come out.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Man, didn't even get the "Platinum's work on the title is done"-type PR, just straight up "we fired the whole devteam"

This seems... bad

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Rumour has it Microsoft is approaching Paradox for a partnership and possible sale. Boyarsky and Cain are at Obsidian and Jason Anderson at InXile. Maybe with Microsoft's blessing they can reform Troika and try again.

Just trying to find a silver lining. Pretty shit news. This game is cursed. Sumo will probably step in, they seem to be the go to fixers (but even they couldn't crack Dead Island 2).

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they literally hire a narrative director (can't remember the exact position, but it was a management role on the project) a few months back? I thought I read a thread on here

edit: yes. This was the news posted on the 28th Oct 2020

Hardsuit Labs has appointed a new lead narrative designer, more than two months after Brain Mitsoda was fired from the same role

Samantha Wallschlaeger announced on Monday that she has been hired as lead narrative designer at Hardsuit Labs. She previously held writing and narrative design positions at Monolith Productions, ArenaNet, and Bioware.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. They had a stellar start, but every week something new goes wrong (writers/devs leave, or the entire dev team getting replaced lol).

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
After seeing that trash they showed for gameplay last year (or was that the year before), I'm glad they're replacing the dev team. Game looked so boring and janky, killed my interest COMPLETELY...

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Hot damn that is a disaster. What the heck will this game look like if it ever releases?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just release it in its current state. Modders will finish it and it will be a cult classic in 5 years. Worked for the first game.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Hadn't had high expectations from the beginning. Gameplay looked so rough and janky, then they fired the lead writer if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I'd rather play Bloodlines 1 a fifth time than waiting on this one.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I had not seen a single bit of gameplay that looked good. This is for the best, whatever that means for the game.