• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The dancing is very gif-able

As is tradition.

tumblr_povodjcdCw1up9390_540.gif

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same demo. And IGN is so bad at showing it too. Still, can't wait. Atmosphere looks pretty delicious.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Looks choppy. Hopefully they smooth out that framerate. It is still pre alpha. Can't wait.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
So far the only things that bother me are the music in the club and that the girl at 3:36 still has a giraffe neck. Even in pre-alpha I am still beyond hyped for this.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First gameplay footage I've seen. Only skipped through it as to not spoil myself too much, but it looks pretty great. I feel like they might actually pull this off...

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm very excited about this but seeing as how I'd have to play it on base PS4, I'm wondering if I should hold out until it gets a next-gen boost or upgrade.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Rough animation aside, after seeing that gameplay footage I'm convinced this could be the best vampire game since the first VTM:B. The camera zooming out during biting/feeding is fucking perfect and there's tons of atmosphere. My main gripe is the feel of the combat system and the lack of immersive sim gameplay in that video. Why wouldn't you make this game an immersive sim!?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
looks alright so far, but I don't know why this is reminding a lot of Deus EX Mankind Divided.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rough animation aside, after seeing that gameplay footage I'm convinced this could be the best vampire game since the first VTM:B. The camera zooming out during biting/feeding is fucking perfect and there's tons of atmosphere. My main gripe is the feel of the combat system and the lack of immersive sim gameplay in that video. Why wouldn't you make this game an immersive sim!?
What do you mean? It seems pretty immersive sim to me, or at least that's the vibe I get

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What do you mean? It seems pretty immersive sim to me, or at least that's the vibe I get

I didn't watch all of it, but if most everything in the environment that can be moved or picked up isn't interactive then it kinda isn't. From what I watched it seems to have RE2make-style mechanics with interacting w/ stuff instead of playing like a immersive sim.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't watch all of it, but if most everything in the environment that can be moved or picked up isn't interactive then it kinda isn't. From what I watched it seems to have RE2make-style mechanics with interacting w/ stuff instead of playing like a immersive sim.

It's more about immersion with the gameworld's characters and yourself and doing so in a better way than most have tried to make a whitewolf/world of darkness game. Things in the game are extremely dynamic so very minute details can make a big difference. And the writing is pretty great and the story has nice surprises and it feels different based on the character you create. Very, very different for different characters. I don't find it a common thing in games any more because how expensive it is to create tons of content that potentially never even gets seen by the player.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

stacking boxes to get up walls you shouldn't was just a byproduct of immersive sim design, not the actual focus of immersive sim design, lmao

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It's more about immersion with the gameworld's characters and yourself and doing so in a better way than most have tried to make a whitewolf/world of darkness game. Things in the game are extremely dynamic so very minute details can make a big difference. And the writing is pretty great and the story has nice surprises and it feels different based on the character you create. Very, very different for different characters. I don't find it a common thing in games any more because how expensive it is to create tons of content that potentially never even gets seen by the player.

I'm looking forward to the story/dialogue and roleplaying being a vampire but if it doesn't have immersive sim physics and interactivity the gameplay will feel more underwhelming that it needs to once you start obtaining vampire abilities like telekinesis, super strength, etc. The game design of VTM:B 1 and this is perfect for immersive sim mechanics so leaving them out would sadly be a missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

stacking boxes to get up walls you shouldn't was just a byproduct of immersive sim design, not the actual focus of immersive sim design, lmao

It couldn't be any worse than the crate-stacking amount of effort in your post to get to that reductive take.

VTM:B2's game design provides more than enough room for immersive sim gameplay, and the potential for combining vampire powers + combat + Prey-inspired interactivity and physics could result in improved combat and exploration than what we see in that demo. If it doesn't have at least as much of it as Deus Ex:MD I'll be significantly less interested in it tbh, even if I'll probably still enjoy it for the vampire roleplay aspect alone which already seems like it will be more to my taste than Vampyr so far.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno i just always thought of v:tm:b as an immersive sim even if it didn't have crate physics and junk. i guess that's because i approached it the same way i approached DX et al, multiple routes, different methods of approach, character building and so on. maybe that was more its rpg routes thinking back on it.

however you are correct in that you can't carry a fridge through the entire game and use it as a deadly weapon which was the definitive proof that DXHR was an immersive sim back when that was first getting play, so idk

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i dunno i just always thought of v:tm:b as an immersive sim even if it didn't have crate physics and junk. i guess that's because i approached it the same way i approached DX et al, multiple routes, different methods of approach, character building and so on. maybe that was more its rpg routes thinking back on it.

however you are correct in that you can't carry a fridge through the entire game and use it as a deadly weapon which was the definitive proof that DXHR was an immersive sim back when that was first getting play, so idk

I mean if you want to play a immersive sim where it doesn't feel like you're in actually in environments alive enough to interact with everything/anything, sure knock yourself out, but for me it makes for blander gameplay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the door opening--> transition into new area feels....jumpy.

I hope that gets smoothed out, if nothing else.

Continues to look better as times goes, though!

(Also that one lady's neck is kinda long, lol)

If I'm not missing my guess, that is the exact same newscaster voice from Bloodlines 1.

You mean Brian Mitsoda himself? ;)

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Man, kinda surprised how good it looks. Obviously it isn't perfect and there are a few instances of jank, but it's no less polished than a modern Bethesda title.

parski

Nov 13, 2017
The music break when the protagonist begins the conversation with Elif (03:36) really broke the fourth wall for me. Insanely good atmosphere up until that point though. Had me completely engulfed.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't mind if this is delayed to end of 2020, looks good but it still needs a lot of work, many rough edges.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Voice on the radio in the beginning reminds me of that one guy in the audio logs from System Shock 2.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017

Dev commentary. Probably the video that should have been released instead of some of that horrid gameplay. They touch a few things that are still being worked on, including those sweet dancing moves.

I also absolutely adore Elif.