• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The animations don't really look that bad to me. Think of all the huge budget games this gen with awkward/stiff/unnatural character animations. This actually looks above average tbh. Not everyone can be Naughty Dog, Rockstar or Remedy at that stuff. In fact, most studios aren't!

AAA-level vampire immersive sim RPG that's the sequel to one of the best vampire games ever? Into my veins, baby.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks tasty.

The lighting looks incredible. Nice visuals too, facial close ups are nicely detailed. Slug looks good.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I murder people recklessly in video games but I always have a soft spot for Nosferatu for some reason. Even watching this footage I knew I wouldn't do anything to good boy Sluggo

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
giphy.gif

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Animation's a bit meh but I'd rather they spend the budget on building a great game and world rather than fancy mocap. I'm looking forward to this!

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
I only played the first very recently but I adore it, this looks like it's totally keeping in spirit with it. Just let me walk through the moody neon streets.

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I never played the original but this one looks so good, the lighting and atmosphere are top notch, the only not so good thing at the moment are the animations, everything else is great, i was never interested in this game until i saw this extended gameplay trailer, definitely on my radar now.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Some days I still feel like this game is just a fever dream of mine. That gameplay footage looked pretty great I hope they don't wait too long before they start showing more of the conversation and character systems.

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
This game has easily become my most anticipated game. That said, going to have to build a new pc for this to experience this game as it should be.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
This is also still probably my most anticipated 2020 game because fuckin' A it's goddamn Bloodlines 2, but I'm a teeny-tiny bit worried for it truthfully. The first half of 2020 is absolutely nuts. Thankfully, it does seem like they're prepared to play a longer game with planned DLC and mod support and the smaller budget should be recoupable.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That looks a lot better than I expected.

They also gave me a lot of "3rd person" moment so I really appreciate the effort, as someone who can stands FPS.

(Hope cyberpunk takes a clue from this game)

Very excited.
That looks actually quite good. Might be one of the few games that takes a decade off and comes back good.

It has happened but yes I would have supported this blindly, but I expected more ... moderate results, and looks like they completely knocked it out of the park.

Like this game was always gonna rely on their writing and branching, and the fact they got EVERYTHING ELSE to be so good is a huge plus. Atmosphere looks very solid.

Oct 31, 2017
It definitely didn't look as good as I hoped for, but also not as bad as I feared.
I was a bit underwhelmed by the facial animations of some of the close-up dialogues.
Given how much it was a strong point in the original game I expected a little more care put on that single aspect.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
It definitely didn't look as good as I hoped for, but also not as bad as I feared.
I was a bit underwhelmed by the facial animations of some of the close-up dialogues.
Given how much it was a strong point in the original game I expected a little more care put on that single aspect.

Hah, I'm the exact opposite. Didn't know what to expect from a 3D RPG from Paradox. It looks like it definitely has more of a budget than The Outer Worlds, but it's still not quite a AAA game.

Outside of a few simple animations, I thought it looked quite good. Can't wait to delve back into this universe.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This looks awesome. The movement and world looks cool. I'm all for a more polished Deus Ex with vampires than what the original was going for. Is this a direct sequel story-wise or can I just jump into this sequel?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This looks awesome. The movement and world looks cool. I'm all for a more polished Deus Ex with vampires than what the original was going for. Is this a direct sequel story-wise or can I just jump into this sequel?
It's a sequel in the sense that it takes place after the original (and as such there's bound to be references and easter eggs here and there) but it can be enjoyed as a standalone game.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Some janky animations for sure. But the rest of the game looks like exactly what I want. Super hyped!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Someone remind me but you could get into random fights in VTMB, right? I seem to recall getting into gunfights outside the club but not sure if they were random encounters.

Unlike most people, I just want to be able to fuck people up with my vampires powers. The immersive RPG comes second for me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone remind me but you could get into random fights in VTMB, right? I seem to recall getting into gunfights outside the club but not sure if they were random encounters.

Unlike most people, I just want to be able to fuck people up with my vampires powers. The immersive RPG comes second for me.
Not that I rtemember, but maybe it happened when you had a few violations under your belt. And keep in mind using your vamp powers in public is a masquerade violation. Too many of those and it's game over (at least in the first game).

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I rtemember, but maybe it happened when you had a few violations under your belt. And keep in mind using your vamp powers in public is a masquerade violation. Too many of those and it's game over.
I don't even remember that was even a thing. I guess I just shot people up and did not use much powers.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic. Still far from the finish line, but I'm seeing a lot of things done right.

What was shown is 100% in-game footage from the current build of the game.

Still a lot of work to do, though.
Would it be possible to talk about what sort of tech ya'll are using for lipsync and facial animation? I don't know if there's anything out there for UE4 that would do the work of something like Faceposer, and I don't know where to set my expectations in that department.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Both VV and Jeanette/Therese were spectacularly expressive. I'll be honestly bummed if the new NPCs are not up to the old standards of facial animation/movement, but I'm also sure that Hardsuit Labs are more than aware of the original's strenghts.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
God I would be really sad if they cant match the facial expressiveness of the originals. All the other animation could be jank for all I care.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna do a Toreador run, followed by a Malkavian. So hyped!

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay only looks okay. They have plenty of animations, why not just make it 3rd person??
Hopefully the press will cover more of other play styles.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Looks great. Never did get around to playing the first, even though I've owned it for years.

Does it work with Marty Mcfly's Reshade?

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Looks rad. As long as the writing, atmosphere and RPG part deliver I don't mind a couple of jank around the edges. Really liking what I'm seeing so far. If they hit the release window then god damn, another big one for early 2020.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Visually, I think the only thing I have is that there's too much chromatic aberration and the lighting/textures is a bit soft.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

Chiropteran demo, with a few different choices made. The paths Chiropteran open up are neat to see, quite different from the ones that Nebulation did.