• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Oh, I received my original confirmation mail back when I made my account. I did that.

Then I copied my referral link and sent it to a buddy. Apparently he then used the newsletter field to register. I assume he then confirmed his email...

I know the second person I sent it to registered through "My Paradox Account" after I sent them my link, and they confirmed it for sure.

Both of those happened a few hours ago now, but the points haven't changed. So uh, do you happen to know if I'm missing something here?
Sorry, no =( I did it exactly like I described with my buddy, and got the 50 promised points. Maybe you happen to have some shenanigans with paradox account linking or something? Better go write to their support directly and ask them what's going on.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
sounds incredibly promising, too good to be true even. but whats hardsuit labs? seems like this is their first game.

i really really really want this to be good.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Sorry, no =( I did it exactly like I described with my buddy, and got the 50 promised points. Maybe you happen to have some shenanigans with paradox account linking or something? Better go write to their support directly and ask them what's going on.

Ah, thanks anyway, it's fine. I just thought I might have been missing something really obvious here. Glad to hear I'm not that dumb. :P

I'm assuming something is going wrong, so yeah, I guess I'll send them an email if it doesn't change.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I never pre-order games.

Never. Ever. Not even when games only came in physical boxes and there was actually a reason to pre-order. I had to go hunting for a copy of the original Rez across 3 towns before I found anyone who had it in stock.

I just pre-ordered the shit outta this. Blood Moon edition. All in baby. Woooooo!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. I never preorder anymore, but oops I just did. I never thought this dream would come true.

Edit: lol ^

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do we know yet if this is first or third person? Trailer makes it seem the former but I'm hoping for the latter.

That would be two hyped games getting less hype for me because of perspective. (Cyberpunk being the other)

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I eagerly anticipate the janky joy.

Hopefully this game has something on par with the Hotel level.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
So,isn't it a little strange that the pre order bonuses include a costume if this is a fp game? Maybe it's just me.
Unless this is like CP2077 where you see your char during cutscenes.
Edit: post just above answered my question lol,perfect timing.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Never got around to playing the first one so my only knowledge of it is that it's a bit of a cult classic? All I know is any RPG with choice and conversation wheels is automatically on my radar.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
https://mobile.twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1108948381127204865

First person only confirmed (with ocasional parts of the game where you see your character in 3rd person).

Sigh

I am kinda disappointed. I love 3rd person RPGs :( also, first Cyberpunk and now this? What's with 1st person trend in Rpgs?
Easier to animate lots of dialogue and interactions when you are only in first person. More immersive too, I guess. But this one will be sorta like nu Deus Ex, with contextual third person.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Never got around to playing the first one so my only knowledge of it is that it's a bit of a cult classic? All I know is any RPG with choice and conversation wheels is automatically on my radar.
Then you are in for quite a ride, my friend :) When it comes to choices and conversations this is on par, or even better, than golden age Bioware.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
It's hailed as one of the best RPGs ever. We are talking the level of Planescape Torment classic here. So yeah, it's a big deal for us, fans =)

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

First person only confirmed (with ocasional parts of the game where you see your character in 3rd person).

Sigh

I am kinda disappointed. I love 3rd person RPGs :( also, first Cyberpunk and now this? What's with 1st person trend in Rpgs?
It's a sequel to a game that was mainly in first person. It's not really a trend.
So,isn't it a little strange that the pre order bonuses include a costume if this is a fp game? Maybe it's just me.
Unless this is like CP2077 where you see your char during cutscenes.
Your character will be visible for stuff like melee finishers and feeding. Possibly dialogue and a 3rd person mode like the original?

Oct 27, 2017
Easier to animate lots of dialogue and interactions when you are only in first person. More immersive too, I guess. But this one will be sorta like nu Deus Ex, with contextual third person.

But like that already happened in the original Bloodlines. All dialogue was 1st person.

I do hope they mod 3rd person (combat as well).

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously excited but regardless of the cast/team members they bring back everyone has to remember the amount of time passed.

Other Devs have tried to bring back franchises or create spiritual sequels long after the originals and utterly failed.

A lot has changed in games since the release of this and there will need to be some effort to bring systems and elements of the original into the modern era.

The cast is positive though, let's just hope the execution doesn't flop.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Then you are in for quite a ride, my friend :) When it comes to choices and conversations this is on par, or even better, than golden age Bioware.
It's hailed as one of the best RPGs ever. We are talking the level of Planescape Torment classic here. So yeah, it's a big deal for us, fans =)
That-Sounds-Good-Ill-Have-That-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Oct 27, 2017
It's a sequel to a game that was mainly in first person. It's not really a trend.

Your character will be visible for stuff like melee finishers and feeding. Possibly dialogue and a 3rd person mode like the original?

Mainly first person? You could change willingly from first to 3rd. Dialogue was only first person-only. Combat was 3rd. What are you talking about lol

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Sigh

First game was basically like exactly like this lmaaao

Don't blame the game if it's doing the exact same cause you only like one perspective

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First person was the default view for anything but melee combat, and the third person camera was janky as all fuck as the game was not designed for it.
It really is like folks arguing that oblivion and skyrim titles were designed with both third and first person in mind. No they are not. The third person perspective of those titles, even if an option, are near unplayable. I understand for vanity sake you want to occasionally look at your character but you could easily get that done in instances such as dancing, certain interactions (feeding) or certain animations.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I want this to be good. But I'm not getting hyped for it until it is a lot closer.

Also, it would be the perfect time to release a version of the first one on consoles.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
The gamepad approach has a history with truncated sentences/phrases, leading to some occasional confusion and unintended outcomes. Also, it tends to limit it down to four choices to correspond with four buttons.

If it's a list of the things you can say, as you'll say them, then it allows for more choices and no risk of confusion.
I guess, but I think Eidos' Deus Ex and some Telltale games handle wheels fine. And again, Bloodlines 1 was limited to four anyway, probably for its own console versions that never came to be. With four choices regardless I don't really see a big difference between a wheel and a list provided the text is complete and/or accurate to the response. What I feel impacts developing meaningful choice more in a game like this is whether or not the player character is voiced, which I doubt they are here if they're including as many clans.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Well, with that writing team, preview and dev comments I got my 2nd most anticipated game after Cyberpunk 2077.

Now comes the wait and hard choice between GoG and Steam.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I used it more often, then. To me it's prefered when we're given the option of switching in and out of first person.
I feel you, it's just I wouldn't have expected Bloodlines 2 to be 3rd person.
was combat a big part of the first game? I'm wondering how they'll do FP melee combat
There was combat but there was a lot of stealth as well. Melee was done in third person and was relatively simple, shouldn't be that much different going into full FPS.

Oct 27, 2017
First game was basically like exactly like this lmaaao

Don't blame the game if it's doing the exact same cause you only like one perspective

I'm gonna say it wasn't basically like this bc u could, in fact, change willingly from 1st to 3rd. I like being able to do that. Also, ever considered how players get nausea and sick over first person?

And I'm just saying I'm disappointed is all, because the original had this option. I would've prefered that it returned, is all.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Disappointed there's no third person. I loved using melee weapons like the sword in third person (well you didn't have a choice). I often ran around town in third person too.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I never pre-order games.

Never. Ever. Not even when games only came in physical boxes and there was actually a reason to pre-order. I had to go hunting for a copy of the original Rez across 3 towns before I found anyone who had it in stock.

I just pre-ordered the shit outta this. Blood Moon edition. All in baby. Woooooo!

Same. I'm also a person when I see DLC plans before the game is even close to out, I cringe.

All in on this baby. They brought back a financial flop 15 years later. I'll pay whatever price they want. Also hopefully my steam pre-order means I can still play it there following the inevitable Epic exclusivity :D

was combat a big part of the first game? I'm wondering how they'll do FP melee combat

Not really? The combat was... passable? And there was always an emphasis on stealth/social/power usage to avoid combat if you wanted to. But there were definitely mandatory fights, and one of the only real criticisms I have of the game (regular 'jank' aside) is that the ending portion of the game focuses far too much on the combat, which as I said is not great.

You don't get XP or anything from combat however, so there's no real incentive to do it. XP only comes from completing quests, you can solve them how you like.