• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this but I wish they'd shown actual footage rather than pre-rendered video.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I'm kinda cautious about this. The first game was absolutely brilliant and I seriously doubt that anyone can just recapture that. I dunno about "just" making a sequel to it, seems kinda too ambitious.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Why should I trust these developers? What are their prior records?

The writing team is a dream team for this project at the very least, I don't think anyone would dispute that. Like the sorta' team fanboys would dream of to write an RPG together.

The actual devs are pretty new, but they are Ex-Zombie staff mostly, worked on Blacklight Retribution in the past (which was a good game), and since forming the new studio have mostly done ports and outsourced work, such as handling the PS4 port of Killing Floor 2 (which was excellent). They seem passionate in interviews, but this is their first major game as a studio. So some doubt is warranted, though others will be on-board with the pieces in play here. Some are also just really happy about the writing team since many would argue that the gameplay of the original Bloodlines wasn't the game's strongest aspect, it was the role-playing/writing/story aspect.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's a game I didn't expect to see a sequel for in a million years. Not that I'm complaining. Looking forward to gameplay videos.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
The writing team is a dream team for this project at the very least, I don't think anyone would dispute that. Like the sorta' team fanboys would dream of to write an RPG together.

The actual devs are pretty knew, but they are Ex-Zombie staff mostly, worked on Blacklight Retribution in the past (which was a good game), and since forming the new studio have mostly done ports and outsourced work, such as handling the PS4 port of Killing Floor 2 (which was excellent). They seem passionate in interviews, but this is their first major game as a studio. So some doubt is warranted, though others will be on-board with the pieces in play here. Some are also just really happy about the writing team since many would argue that the gameplay of the original Bloodlines wasn't the game's strongest aspect, it was the role-playing/writing/story aspect.
Yeah, that.

I wouldn't even care if the combat is the exact same thing as in VTMB 1, though I feel like many people more used to modern games would lose their mind ;)

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
This is awesome! Holy shit. One of my top 5 games of all time is getting a sequel.

Just bought the GoG version of the original, gonna replay it a few times before this releases.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be the odd one out and admit that I wished for a sequel for Redemption over Bloodlines. I prefer a party and pausable 3rd person for stat based RPGs over first person "well, my reticule was right on the guy but my shot went fifty metres wide" combat. And 3rd person in Bloodlines wasn't really good. And going from the Dark Ages to a modern setting with one character 😍

Bloodlines 2 is still nice to hear, of course. Maybe this time will be the perfect game to try and have a philosopher-warrior Brujah without being treated like a dumb brute.

PS: Yes, I don't play a lot of modern RPGs because of this.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know yet if this story has connections to the first one? Like, is it a direct sequel or does it just take place in the universe with different characters, backstories, etc.? I still want to play the original, it's been in my backlog for years, so I don't want to see any trailers for this sequel yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know yet if this story has connections to the first one? Like, is it a direct sequel or does it just take place in the universe with different characters, backstories, etc.? I still want to play the original, it's been in my backlog for years, so I don't want to see any trailers for this sequel yet.

It's a sequel in which the events of the first occur (as V5 canonizes them), but they wouldn't go into specifics.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Bought the first one for 5 bucks on GOG to see what all the hype is about.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Hope they got a great composer and some awesome licensed music. Big part of the Bloodlines charm was the music. Lacuna Coil, Chiasm, Darling Violetta.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Because Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is the best first person immersive RPG ever made.
Alright I'll bite: why?

Granted, this looks awesome, but prior to the rumoured hype around Bloodlines 2 I never really bothered with the first one.
Luckily, Bloodlines 2 seems to be a new protagonist.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
I love Steam regional prices it's like 30 bucks in my country. Pre-ordered just because I've been waiting years for a sequel.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
If only THQ Nordic had nothing to do with this. I can't support them until everyone involved with the 8chan crap is gone.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Praise be to whoever made this happen :)

Although I think I can hold off on pre-ordering when it's 12 months away at a minimum.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
I never thought the day would come. I'm so in on this. I LOVE the original. I haven't been this excited about a game announcement in quite some time.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
If only THQ Nordic had nothing to do with this. I can't support them until everyone involved with the 8chan crap is gone.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong and ignorant here, but I'm pretty sure THQ Nordic has nothing to do with this game. Paradox Interactive, Hardsuit Labs, and White Wolf have nothing to do with THQ as it stands as far as I know.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks awesome. I am glad they are not trying to side step any politics to please a certain crowd. Gameplay details sounds great.

I guess it is time to reinstall the original.

Rose

Feb 2, 2019
Hope they got a great composer and some awesome licensed music. Big part of the Bloodlines charm was the music. Lacuna Coil, Chiasm, Darling Violetta.

The Bella Morte and Tiamat songs were great as well. I've listened to every Bella Morte song since then, as well as every Brighter Fires and The Rain Within song made by the singer.
The music used on Twitch was nothing like the gothic music of Bloodlines though. They played Halsey, other pop songs and regular hip hop.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't like RPGs and couldn't really get into Bloodlines, but I totally fell in love with its world and motif. Even now, all I can think about is the club where everyone is dancing to Isolated from Chiasm. The worlds of this sequel and Cyberpunk, I just have to get these games when they come out...

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
This does look good.

Never played the original but this is a narrative driven game right?

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks on fucking point here.
Should I pre-order so fucking Epic doesn't steal this from us?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Paradox is under the Koch Media group anymore.
edit: ah crap they still are :(
Ah, same headquarters publishing head, I see. People can feel as they do here, but that doesn't bother me since that doesn't mean too much in association honestly, just a huge publishing partner firm deals with both of them. I still say that means THQ has nothing to do with this game, though (least from my point of view).

Good to know though, I didn't realize that myself.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
???

Paradox is unrelated to Koch, I'm so confused
Paradox Interactive is in no way connected to THQ Nordic guys. Stop with that.
THQN owns Koch Media.

https://presse.kochmedia.com/de-AT/Paradox-Interactive

Ah, same headquarters publishing head, I see. People can feel as they do here, but that doesn't bother me since that doesn't mean too much in association honestly, just a huge publishing partner firm deals with both of them. I still say that means THQ has nothing to do with this game, though (least from my point of view).

Good to know though, I didn't realize that myself.

Yeah,... I am conflicted.