• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters
Nov 3, 2017
This is the best thing ever. I admit I preordered instantly and I NEVER do that. Hope I don't get burned.

But it's worth it for the "it's going to be a SJW game!!!1!" rage on RPGCodex alone haha.

I expect great things *reinstalls Masquerade*

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw a few videos/reviews on the first one. Please tell me why people are excited for this sequel? I'm just surprised at the positive reception and reviews from the first game. I guess I've fast forwarded too fast into the future and I'm not seeing the beauty of it.

May 26, 2018
Just saw a few videos/reviews on the first one. Please tell me why people are excited for this sequel? I'm just surprised at the positive reception and reviews from the first game. I guess I've fast forwarded too fast into the future and I'm not seeing the beauty of it.

Do you like Deus Ex? Do you like crazy grimy vampire shenanigans?

And that's it.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018

Because its one of the best games ever made and one of the most unique. I mean, you could always play it and see personally

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit... this is what I've wanted since I played the first one years ago... Pleeese be good.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
If Disco Elysium's development doesn't hurry up, they are going to end up releasing after this game.

Which would both be utterly embarrassing and render Disco Elysium a bit or a lot more irrelevant.

Jul 24, 2018
195895.gif

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
• Two Story Packs which will take you deeper into the underbelly of Seattle and introduce some of the more fantastical denizens from the World of Darkness.
• One major Expansion in which the vampires' greatest enemy enters Seattle.

OMG Werewolf hype. If they introduce Tribes and other more intricate werewolf systems that would be so awesome. I already pre ordered it, but this just make it all the more inviting to do.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017

Early in my first playthrough I was running dangerously low on blood, and I was out of blood bags, which meant my only recourse was to feed on a civilian. But in order to preserve the Masquerade, I had to do it where no one could see me. I needed to feed on someone long enough to restore my blood, but fast enough so I could retreat before someone caught wind of my vampiric nature.

I spent an agonizing minute on the street studying the civilians around me, achingly aware that my blood gauge was at an all-time low. Any second now, I'd lose control of my character and I'd be forced to watch as she went on a blood-crazed frenzy, not caring who she killed so long as she could drink freely. To my relief, I spotted a man in a gray suit wander into a back alleyway to relieve himself. I could have crept up behind him unnoticed, but I just shot after him and mashed the Feed key as soon I was in melee range. I drained him within an inch of his life before I strode away, happily replenished while his dazed form lingered in a puddle of his own piss.

It is exactly these kinds of decisions that make Bloodlines 1 one of my favourite first-person RPGs. The best way you can judge the game for yourself is to purchase it, as watching a video or two doesn't quite capture the kind of roleplaying you can do. If you're on Steam, you can always return it within the two-hour limit.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
There really isn't much like Bloodlines even today. The game was incredibly ambitious and still is even by today's standards. The way your character and actions influence the gameplay and the wide array of options it gives you to tacke different tasks is fantastic. It's one of the very, very few RPGs that actually nail the feeling of an actual P&P RPG.

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
There really isn't much like Bloodlines even today. The game was incredibly ambitious and still is even by today's standards. The way your character and actions influence the gameplay and the wide array of options it gives you to tacke different tasks is fantastic. It's one of the very, very few RPGs that actually nail the feeling of an actual P&P RPG.

Kinda off-topic but what others RPGs would you (or anyone else) recommend that are close to a P&P experience? Bloodlines is at the top of my list right now, going to play it for the first time.

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, no quest markers? Now this is huge. Is there any modern 3D RPG with no quest markers?

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they make it easy for newcomers. Because most people won't remember or have played the first game. And most will also not bother playing a 15 year old game to catch up.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone summarise who from the old devs is working on it? I see people excited about it but cant find any source :P

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeees! so good already preordered!

But 1st person only? why the fuck do they keep doing this to my RPGs:(
This is the most awful trend......

Also is anything known about character creation? I hope all clans are available. Even though i could understand if they won't do the Nosferatu's.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Holy shit. I was hoping that Paradox would be the one to finally do something with Vampire again, but did not expect a direct sequel.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Can someone summarise who from the old devs is working on it? I see people excited about it but cant find any source :P

The key thing is that Brian Mitsoda, the Lead Writer of the first game, is on this one. Chris Avellone, who obviously wasn't on the original game but whose resume speaks for itself, also did work for this.

The ex-leads of Troika, Boyarsky and Cain, are both working on The Outer Worlds at Obsidian right now.

Tldr its a pretty exciting time for RPG fans.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Neat.

The key thing is that Brian Mitsoda, the Lead Writer of the first game, is on this one. Chris Avellone, who obviously wasn't on the original game, also did work for this.

The ex-leads of Troika, Boyarsky and Cain, are both working on The Outer Worlds at Obsidian right now.

Tldr its a pretty exciting time for RPG fans.

Yeah, 2020 is gonna be crazy, The Outer Worlds releasing alongside Bloodlines 2!

Do I need to play the first one? Will it be remastered for PS4 before this hits?

It will not be remastered and though you probably don't need to play the first one you should.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Do I need to play the first one? Will it be remastered for PS4 before this hits?
Unclear. You should still play the first one, though. It likely will not be remastered for PS4, given that it's a PC-ass-PC game by a defunct developer and IIRC the publishing rights are still owned by Activision.

That being said, it is extremely good and you should play it. It will run on a toaster.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Holy shit. I was hoping that Paradox would be the one to finally do something with Vampire again, but did not expect a direct sequel.
Seriously. Who the hell expected them just to go "Bloodlines 2, motherfuckers!"

Like yeah, Rage 2 exists, but that was a little more foreseeable with Bethesda's rebooting of Wolf and Doom.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
For a 2004 PC game, Bloodlines runs pretty well on a modern rig without much hassle or tweaking. Just some of the UI elements are small on a 4k monitor at native res.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is exciting but I'm never a fan of "fake gameplay" cgi trailers. I don't know why companies still do this - it's just asking for backlash when the gameplay looks nothing like it.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming most likely not as this will be releasing on consoles. I do believe it'll continue the story of the first game, but the game is set 15 years after the first game, things have changed in the world since then, and we're playing as a character who only just has turned into a vampire and is descending into the World of Darkness for the first time themselves, so I feel though plot points will continue and some characters are confirmed returning, it's all going to be introduced for the first time as who you play as is coming upon all of this for the first time.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Cautiously optimistic. My nolstagia tank is rather low these days but boy that is a great headline.