• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
What's what's this fan patch and why do I need it?

I own the vanilla steam version

https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads/vtmbup103

There's where to download it. It mostly fixes bugs and some crucial fixes to the game, it's balance, and some game breaking bugs. That's the main reason, fixes a lot of crashes, progress bugs, etc.

However, when installing there is an optional choice for a "plus" patch (which is turned off by default, but can be selected when installing) which add in several scrapped areas and missions from the base game that were cut due to time and re-implement them fully functioning (and include a few more controversial "fixes" to the game for playability reasons).

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Just noting, if you download the fan patch, make sure to run the shortcut that the patch creates (it'll add "-game Unofficial_Patch" to the .exe properties) and not through Steam.

You can download the patch and it comes with a huge readme.txt file with a bunch of changes.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime someone mentions VtM: Bloodlines, someone reinstalls it, so I guess the announcement saw lots of reinstalls.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Bloodlines is absolutely chock full of jank. To an almost devastating degree.

So the fan patch did a lot to make sure the jank didn't crash your game.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads/vtmbup103

There's where to download it. It mostly fixes bugs and some crucial fixes to the game, it's balance, and some game breaking bugs. That's the main reason, fixes a lot of crashes, progress bugs, etc.

However, when installing there is an optional choice for a "plus" patch (which is turned off by default, but can be selected when installing) which add in several scrapped areas and missions from the base game that were cut due to time and re-implement them fully functioning (and include a few more controversial "fixes" to the game for playability reasons).
Thank you both very much

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Hardsuit Labs? Aren't those the people behind that FPS, Blacklight Retribution? Really enjoyed that game, but seems to be an odd match going from F2P FPS to SP RPG, or not?

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Yay! And releasing on GOG: double yay! In view of the recent EGS exclusivity bullshit shenanigans for other games (The Outer Worlds especially hurt me), this is just music to my ears. People should buy this game on GOG to support the anti-DRM movement and publishers who are willing to treat their customers well, without introducing the bullshit Denuvo 20% performance tax.

Last edited:

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The backlash if This went Epic Exclusive would be 10x anything else.

Not least because everyone of their games is so tied to Steam and still has expansions coming out.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAA

Best gaming news in a while, wtf. So looking forward to this, hope it turns out great.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The backlash if This went Epic Exclusive would be 10x anything else.

Not least because everyone of their games is so tied to Steam and still has expansions coming out.

This is also a sequel to a pretty hardcore cRPG from 15 years ago too, it would just piss off the primary audience who will end up advertising the game through word of mouth.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This news just made my day. I am so, so very happy. Now I just need to go on blackout for a year so I can go in blind. Haha.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
If someone wants to watch a walkthrough of Vampire:Bloodlines on YT, I would highly encourage to watch the playthrough of Cryatic:

element

Oct 27, 2017
Hardsuit Labs? Aren't those the people behind that FPS, Blacklight Retribution? Really enjoyed that game, but seems to be an odd match going from F2P FPS to SP RPG, or not?
Hardsuit Labs acquired Blacklight Retribution after Zombie Studios closed, as many of the staff were from Zombie. But they have an impressive list of titles they have done co-development on the past couple years with this being their first 'big game', they have also been hiring a lot of people from 343, Monolith, PopCap, Amazon, Wargaming among others.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, never got around to playing the first game (I should really rectify that) so I'm really looking forward to this.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Well this looks like everything I ever wanted. Never dreamed we'd actually get a sequel all these years later

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see some former FPS people on this. I dropped Bloodlines halfway through cause I just could not deal with the atrocious combat.

Mazinger

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I'd rather know more about the game than its pre-order bonuses and planned post-launch content, Paradox

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
pUqD9iI.gif

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not familiar with this game. By the thread I'm assuming it's good and I should check it out.

2 weeks later *Epic is proud to announce... lol I wouldn't be surprised.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Not too thrilled to see a DLC roadmap for a 2020 game immediately drop after the announcement, to be honest. Even if Bloodlines sits comfortably atop my "best games that are hopelessly broken but you loved and finished a billion times anyway" list.

(It's a short list.)

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Just pre-ordered the big one on Steam. Gotta support the devs after all. I would've gotten it direct from Paradox but they don't seem to have regional pricing so it would've cost me $20+ more than Steam.

2020 is going to be an amzing year for RPGs! First Bloodlines 2, and then the Outer Worlds. Can't wait!

Did anyone find the 5th blood bag on the site? I got 4/5 and the unique one.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Feels wild to be getting a sequel to Bloodlines after so long but I'm very excited, especially based on what I'm reading so far.

NotUS

Oct 27, 2017
1: Just got home from work
2: Checks out announcement trailer
3: Does a little dance
4: Opens Steam page and pre-orders immediately
5: Does a little dance again
6: Posts in thread

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Normally, I'd wait before pre-ordering but the "threat" of Epic Games has got me shook.

Oh well, It's not like I wasn't gonna be there day one anyway.