• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2019
"This links to the million dollar question, which is "Will playing as a Malkavian be a different experience with unique dialogue?" and yes, yes it will, in a similar way to the original Bloodlines. "Because it is the expectation," said Mitsoda, "We cannot deviate from the expectation of what the Malkavian experience is.""

"Mitsoda says that this time their approach to the Malks will be thinking more about their insight and how it would affect a person who had it, and not presenting it as hilarious. "I think in general we kind of are going to be approaching the Malks in Bloodlines 2 as more playing up the kind of darker aspect of having that network of voices and that insight, and almost a little bit of paranoia," he said. "I think there will be things that people will like about the Malks, the same things that they liked about the first one in that they said things that were very strange." "

For me this sounds very promising on how they will do it.

Mar 30, 2019
Hmmm.. so Malkavs are going to be the stealth clan from the 5 main ones? ... now I really hope that Nosferatu are going to be one of the free DLC ones, because in a vampire game I need vampires that look like the ones from old horror movies.. all other clans look just like normal humans and that is boring in all honesty

They are not the stealth clan. There is NOTHING stealthy about them based on the article.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
What a pleasant surprise. I'm glad they made Dementation a full power too, and not just a weird off-shoot of Dominate. Definitely going to play through as a Malk for my second playthrough.

They are not the stealth clan. There is NOTHING stealthy about them based on the article.
Well, Auspex allows you to astrally project which is stealth-adjacent.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Yeah. They're the "chaos" clan, apparently.

I think I trust Mitsoda to treat mental illness with the gravity it deserves. He's definitely talking the talk at least.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well colour me surprised. I would have though Nosferatu would have been the shoe-in, if only because the world has to be constructed to allow them to get around relatively easily. I assume the game world at launch will be future-proofed for this in any case.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Combination of happy and disappointed. Happy Malks are getting repped. Disappointed as I dont expect Nosferatu to get the scope of hand tailored treatment they got in Bloodlines, if they get in at all.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
PJ285xw.jpg

If you ever wondered why Toreadores have a thing for the Malks.

art direction is just fantastic

but i would have really preffered nosferatu, not sure if they will be as well realized if they are just a free dlc clan

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Malks yes yes yes yes yes

Now to choose between Tremere or Malks for the first playthrough.
art direction is just fantastic

but i would have really preffered nosferatu, not sure if they will be as well realized if they are just a free dlc clan
If level design was made with Nosferatu in mind then its all gucci.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Supporting the likes of Crusader Kings 2 or Cities: Skylines with years of DLC is different to supporting a story based game like Bloodlines with DLC though, so I don't think we can expect CK2 levels.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really torn about my first run. Toreador got the A E S T H E T I C, but Tremere are just badass and Malks should be awesome.

Then there's being able to boss people around without repercussions like a proper Ventrue.

The only thing I ask is that the game remains dark. Even high humanity vampires like Victoria Ash act like true monsters and give no fucks about human life if they really need a drink.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Supporting the likes of Crusader Kings 2 or Cities: Skylines with years of DLC is different to supporting a story based game like Bloodlines with DLC though, so I don't think we can expect CK2 levels.
Battletech's doing pretty well in that department as well, no? I admit I haven't gotten to that series yet, but my impression was that the basic model of "important free system improvements along with paid content" model applied there as well

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
"This links to the million dollar question, which is "Will playing as a Malkavian be a different experience with unique dialogue?" and yes, yes it will, in a similar way to the original Bloodlines. "Because it is the expectation," said Mitsoda, "We cannot deviate from the expectation of what the Malkavian experience is.""

"Mitsoda says that this time their approach to the Malks will be thinking more about their insight and how it would affect a person who had it, and not presenting it as hilarious. "I think in general we kind of are going to be approaching the Malks in Bloodlines 2 as more playing up the kind of darker aspect of having that network of voices and that insight, and almost a little bit of paranoia," he said. "I think there will be things that people will like about the Malks, the same things that they liked about the first one in that they said things that were very strange." "

For me this sounds very promising on how they will do it.

Love it. Darker, less comic relief Malks are the best. Like the trailer presents; hearing and knowing and seeing all, but there's scenes missing, faces blurred, and whispers from those who conspire against them.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Again, clan novels are very, very good at dark and sad Malks.

I think some people are going to be a bit surprised since Bloodlines 1 seems to be a bit zanier than the original material, but a proper mix of comedy and tragedy (and cruelty) is their thing.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Well, that was unexpected. That also means the guy on the ferris wheel is a Malkavian.

Edit: and we are without stealth if Malks have dementation and auspex. Guess that slip about"no sneaking" on one of the streams is true.

Last edited:

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I'm eating crow on the final clan option and I've never been happier.

Tremere 1st -> Malkavian 2nd -> Ventrue maybe...?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect Malks honestly. Welp still deciding between Ventrue and Toreador.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Nah. Social Malk straight out. Max all the social stats and dementation, wear ridiculous clothes, out Toreador the Toreadors.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Same as the first game, I'll play Toreador and then Malkavian. Then I'll do what I had planned for the original but never got around to, and play Tremere. I was put off of a third play-through due to the thought of again dealing with the terrible combat and the tediousness of locations like the sewers the the entire end game.

It wasn't until this year that I finally had a third play-through (first time with the fan patch), again as Malkavian. I would have then finally moved on to Tremere, but the terrible bits felt even worse here in 2019.

Hmmm, maybe I should play Tremere first...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I KNEW Malk's were going to be the last clan. They talked about making the sequel for fan favorite elements, which Malkavian's were one of the fan favorite clans in the original game, and one of the Deluxe Edition cosmetic items on launch was a stop sign.

Stream just starting now.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
After the Malk's details are released, someone should make a thread about all the launch Clans playable since we officially know them all now, and I do think that'd be worthy of it's own thread.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Malkavians! I was afraid they may not make a cut, but lack of their presence would definitely dissapoint a lot of people. Malks were great for a second playthrough. Shame that they didn't have Nosferatu as a playable class, though. Hopefully they make them available in a free DLC. Considering they may require more effort than some regular classes, it will definitely bring some replayability post-launch.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
That news just made my day. I was fully expecting Malkavians to be a DLC clan. I'm not going to get hung up on the concern that playing a Malk first would reveal or spoil the story. A darker version of the Malkavian curse would be interesting.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I love Malks, but on the other hand, I am saddened about the lack of Nosferatu. Mostly because I was hoping they would be well integrated into the game and I just don't see that happening with a DLC clan.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Alright, added a poll on first playthrough clans. I'm going with Tremere myself.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Don't know what I'll start as. Played Tremere in the first one, might have a go at one of the social clans, Toreador or Ventrue, this time round. I'll save Malkavian for second playthrough, don't have any interest in Brujah.