• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Straight up Lasombra tease. I wonder if they'll actually be playable. They're going out of their way to make this last reveal ambiguous. We know Nosferatu are in the setting. They're outright teasing Lasombra too. We can figure Malks will get repped in some form. Who will it be?

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Straight up Lasombra tease. I wonder if they'll actually be playable. They're going out of their way to make this last reveal ambiguous. We know Nosferatu are in the setting. They're outright teasing Lasombra too. We can figure Malks will get repped in some form. Who will it be?
They keep mentioning that all the clans so far have been the standard Camarilla clans. Doubt it will be Lasombra so soon after Ventrue. Maybe something very unusual, which no one predicted possible - like Tzimisce or something.

My money is still on Nosferatu though.

Mar 30, 2019
Also in the first minutes they talked about like 'we prioities clans which were in Bloodlines 1' and stuff like that. Which basically sounds like there will be more.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Face customisation also confirmed.

Will work like we saw in the Cyberpunk demo - no sliders, just a set of options to choose and combine with each other.

Edit: ouch, they delisted the video, ha ha.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Face customisation also confirmed.

Will work like we saw in the Cyberpunk demo - no sliders, just a set of options to choose and combine with each other.

Edit: ouch, they delisted the video, ha ha.
Have they talked at all about how many opportunities we're gonna have to actually see our characters in game yet? I know it's mainly first person - which, to be clear, is fine by me; I always play, like, New Vegas pretty much entirely in first person, and yet I still get a lot out of deciding what my Courier's gonna wear - but I dunno if they've talked about how often we're actually gonna get to see the clothes we wear, etc etc.

I missed the video, sadly. Something to look forward to I s'pose!

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Have they talked at all about how many opportunities we're gonna have to actually see our characters in game yet? I know it's mainly first person - which, to be clear, is fine by me; I always play, like, New Vegas pretty much entirely in first person, and yet I still get a lot out of deciding what my Courier's gonna wear - but I dunno if they've talked about how often we're actually gonna get to see the clothes we wear, etc etc.

I missed the video, sadly. Something to look forward to I s'pose!
Not in this video, no. But back when they had a big PCgamer piece, they said that we will see our character when using high-level disciplines, and some cutscenes, sorta like in the new Deus Ex's with contextual actions. I guess inventory will also show the character model, we'll need to see what clothes are equipped after all.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Some additional info:

1) While the combat and all the systems about weapons are in no way finished, in general the plan right now is to have melee weapon degradation, and guns to be somewhat discardable - after a few reloads you'll need to find a new one, so no more 30 magazines of assault rifle ammo and burninator fuel.

2) There will be a Blood Heal, with which you can regenerate your health at the press of a button, but it does not count as a Discipline.

3) Blood Buff/Rouse will also be somewhat always active - i.e. stuff like climbing walls and easily overpowering mortals is due to the innate abilities of a vampire.

4) Skills will still have dots in them and all, but as with everything else they are trying to move away from the BL1 "10% buff" school of design. So the higher you go even in your normal skills, the more options and abilities open up.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Polygon article with the clan introduction video is up.

Edit: The video of the developer stream is also available again.

At the end of the video they are saying that Florian will not be present in the next weeks stream. Instead we'll have some other mysterious guest. Are you ready for a gimp suit Nosferatu LARPer? ;)

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really really hope they are saving best for last and Malkavian will be the last clan to be revealed.

I plan to finish Bloodlines 2 as Toreador, Tremere and Malkavian, as in the original game.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
yes!! my favourite clan, finally! definitely doing my first playthrough as a ventrue. love the little gameplay snippet too, one of my favourite things in every immersive sim is making the AI fight each other.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Not in this video, no. But back when they had a big PCgamer piece, they said that we will see our character when using high-level disciplines, and some cutscenes, sorta like in the new Deus Ex's with contextual actions. I guess inventory will also show the character model, we'll need to see what clothes are equipped after all.
Ah yea, so basically the same as they're doing with Cyberpunk I guess!

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The last image strongly suggests Nosferatu. Malks are DLC it seems, and honestly they fit that role the best. Despite numerous protests they're clearly intended for subsequent playthroughs so not having them Day 1 is understandable, if unfortunate.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Ventrue page is up.

It seems they will be on the side of innovation in the conflict between new and old. Strange, I thought Ventrue would be the traditionalists.

Also Dominate will need a lot of micromanagement. I prefered the simple - "Die right now, please" version.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Sites been updated
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/ventrue

edit: ninja'd xP

The last image strongly suggests Nosferatu. Malks are DLC it seems, and honestly they fit that role the best. Despite numerous protests they're clearly intended for subsequent playthroughs so not having them Day 1 is understandable, if unfortunate.
Yeah, sucks. Guess Clan DLC is a go. I'm expecting Malkavian and Gangrel there with Nosferatu being the mystery clan. I'll probably be going with Tremere for the first playthrough.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
They keep mentioning that all the clans so far have been the standard Camarilla clans. Doubt it will be Lasombra so soon after Ventrue. Maybe something very unusual, which no one predicted possible - like Tzimisce or something.

My money is still on Nosferatu though.
A real twist would be Ministry with Obfuscate/Protean. Much as I love the Settites, I kind of hope that's not the case, they totally need Presence/Protean, and if I could wait for DLC to get that spec, I'd rather that.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Great interview with Mitsoda and Ellison by Polygon. Lot's of talk about writing and all.

This especially sounds fantastic:
Mitsoda says players might observe someone crashing their bike on a deserted street corner, then choose to swoop in and taste that pain. Later they might catch a pair of young lovers out for a walk, then follow one of them home to sample their desire. Depending on the emotional state of non-player characters, players themselves will be able to charge their passive and active abilities — powerful skills that will allow them to perform stunts in combat or influence social interactions. Only by finding the right kinds of resonance out in the wild can players build up their skills to meet their needs.

"You're always kind of on the hunt," Mitsoda says, "and it's one of the big parts of the side activities in the game. You're skulking around on the tops of roofs and looking around for people with strong resonance and figuring out how to best get them in a position where you can feed on them without breaking the Masquerade."

That means players will need to spend a lot of time observing and tracking their targets, paying careful attention to their moods and their interactions with other NPCs. In other games that kind of voyeurism can be extremely passive. Think Watch Dogs and its overarching themes of big data being used against us. Rarely do games allow the player to be the voyeur and also act on that information in a meaningful way. Hardsuit Labs wants to change that.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I can play an Antifa Supersoldier vampire who goes around guillotining Venture duders.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Malks are typically second playthrough for a lot of people so I would bet on Malk being a DLC clan.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ventrue might be my go-to clan since Dominate sounds cool and I'm all about that power.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm starting as a Tremere unless the final clan is a huge surprise.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
I'm umming and ahhing between Tremere and Toreador. Going ice-cold scientist or matrix-styled heartthrob. It's a tough choice.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incremental creation, from the sound of it. They'd allow for full customisation (they claimed that they are pursuing the modern approach to character creation), although apparently you won't be able to fully create your character right away.

IDK, my Tremere girl is flirty as all hell with other women in Bloodlines 1. And frankly, I don't really buy that you should be able to seduce everybody unless you are a Toreador with humanity through the roof.

I always thought that the notion of populating an entire world with borderline pansexual NPCs for the shake of giving players a chance to hook up with everybody regardless of gender and orientation was silly. People should be able to block your advances or embrace them just like they do in real life. Just treat the subject with some respect.
Girls will unfortunately always have a huge gulf of choices compared to gay men, as youre still romancing a girl.

Agree on the other thing though, would rather many romances with set sexualities than the fake ass way Bethesda does them. DA:I still winning.

May 26, 2018
First time I played Bloodlines way back in the day, I think I went Toreador? I love conversation battles in RPGs. So I'll probably go that way again.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect Gangrel to be a dlc candidate. Guess I'll try Tremere or Ventrue first go.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm umming and ahhing between Tremere and Toreador. Going ice-cold scientist or matrix-styled heartthrob. It's a tough choice.

Same. I generally came around on the Toreador when I realized their aestheticism could be applied to anything that is beautiful or pleasurable, for instance the beauty of an abstract idea or abstract world view. I have some real world example in mind where Kierkegaard called Hegel an aesthete, and though Hegel is my favorite historical philosopher I admit that Kierkegaard seems to be right, because Hegel just seems to be occupied with the act of seeing, or having a kind of penetrating insight, and correctly characterizing the essential image of the thing, than he was clearly arguing for his points in some readily demonstrated or analytical fashion. And yet Hegel is arguably the most influential philosopher of the modern west.

I guess what I mean is it's not like Toreador are just artisans and socialites, I think there's a potential for intellectual depth not unlike the decidedly more mental clans of Tremere and Malkavian.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Lore has a fairly diverse amount of Toreador types, from normal looking artistes to gorgeous prostitutes and just anybody capable of appreciating or creating beauty. Even art critics.

As for Gangrel, I never quite liked them, but I'm currently reading the clan novels and their book was amazing. Their animalism makes them pretty tragic in their own way.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Next week's reveal will be exciting.

To anyone who missed it before todays Paradox stream, it seems they played the main theme from the game in full. It's still Massive Attack of course, but with some very different undertones and a more melancholic mood.

This is amazing. I can't wait to hear more of the soundtrack.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So just one more clan? Was expecting for some new clans, and certainly not for less then VTMB1.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I generally came around on the Toreador when I realized their aestheticism could be applied to anything that is beautiful or pleasurable, for instance the beauty of an abstract idea or abstract world view. I have some real world example in mind where Kierkegaard called Hegel an aesthete, and though Hegel is my favorite historical philosopher I admit that Kierkegaard seems to be right, because Hegel just seems to be occupied with the act of seeing, or having a kind of penetrating insight, and correctly characterizing the essential image of the thing, than he was clearly arguing for his points in some readily demonstrated or analytical fashion. And yet Hegel is arguably the most influential philosopher of the modern west.

I guess what I mean is it's not like Toreador are just artisans and socialites, I think there's a potential for intellectual depth not unlike the decidedly more mental clans of Tremere and Malkavian.
damn you're selling toreador hard. Now i wanna boot up bloodlines 1 for a toreador playthrough.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Is the first game worth playing today? How is it? I always had it on my steam wishlist after hearing some good stuff. This trailer definitely got me interested in the first one and this game. Looks good.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Ventrue being in makes me so damn excited.

I always played them pretty differently: hating those in power, and hating being a vampire, but trying to use that power to convince others to rise up.

I really hope I can do the same in this one.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019

The image is the hallway from the trailer that fills with blood. That seems more Malkavian madness than Nosferatu.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
If we get a Lasombra curveball reveal here, they'll be my first play over Tremere (love the shadow dickery, power behind the throne theme). Malkavians first if we get them at release obvs.

Not sure about the weapon system tbh. I hope it means weapons are easily available.
Our combat disciplines are looking a lot more potent this time around, not that I think weapons will be particularly scarce (especially if we encounter mobs of idiots who think their guns will be a great help to them).