• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which clan are you going with for your first playthrough?

• Brujah

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Tremere

Votes: 99 23.6%
  • Toreador

Votes: 108 25.8%
  • Ventrue

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • Malkavian

Votes: 99 23.6%

• Total voters

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
yYrzhI3.png

Confirmed Disciplines and predictions (given now to thinking that Nosferatu will enjoy some exclusive Obfuscate [until the glorious, GLORIOUS introduction of Lasombra]).

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing would make me happier than meeting a few Dark Ages Iberian Lasombra assholes*, but I can only imagine that their powers could be a bit of an issue if budget is not huge. I can see a lot of work being put towards the manipulation of light sources and shadows, which means severe engine tweaking.

Grumpy Giovannis could also make for some fantastic NPCs.

*they have well earned beefs with pretty much any other cainite clan, so that'd be fun.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tremere looks too cool for magic school as expected. Will probably be my consolation clan to replace the Malk shaped hole in my heart.

Looking forward to grody guts Nossies.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're intriguing enough, unique enough, and setting-compliant enough to be clan #8 after the classic clans get in. Will they add that many? Caine knows.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, a human train of puke, each mortal sickened by the last!

Have romance options been confirmed already?
To add to what Funky Papa said, they did confirm on stream today that social play is one of the game's three Discipline pillars (social, traversal, and combat), with each Discipline having to fulfill at least two of those pillars. Also that as with the first game, dialogue checks to unlock different social approaches.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Has it been confirm confirmed that Bloodlines 2 is using 5th edition rules/setting? I see several places assuming as such, but not direct confirmation.

Also, does Vampire 5e fit into the Old World of Darkness or New (Chronicles?). I don't know much at all about the pen and paper game.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Tremere in the game.
Has it been confirm confirmed that Bloodlines 2 is using 5th edition rules/setting? I see several places assuming as such, but not direct confirmation.

Also, does Vampire 5e fit into the Old World of Darkness or New (Chronicles?). I don't know much at all about the pen and paper game.
5e is in the Old World of Darkness, but they skipped the Ghenna part.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

v5, with a smattering of v20 rules (apparently) for Thinbloods or summat.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Things like the Tremere lore on the site is all V5 stuff.

Okay cool thank you! I'm actually looking at that stuff now and that's why I was asking. I don't know the lore enough (...at all) to recognize the edition specifics.

It's Old World of Darkness, using the metaplot from v5. It's also using a modified v5 ruleset, with some old editions too, for example instead of Hunger, which works beautifuly in PnP, they'll use the old Blood Points (read mana) system and stuff like that. Also disciplines are changed as well, a lot of it simply doesn't translate well into video game form.

Thanks for the details, great info.

Last edited:

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018

It's Old World of Darkness, using the metaplot from v5. It's also using a modified v5 ruleset, with some old editions too, for example instead of Hunger, which works beautifuly in PnP, they'll use the old Blood Points (read mana) system and stuff like that. Also disciplines are changed as well, a lot of it simply doesn't translate well into video game form.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So that was Bertram Tung narrating, right? Do we know already if he'll be returning?

Edit: on second listen maybe not? I dunno it's certainly close if not.

Mar 30, 2019
Jack isn't really that LA centric. Currently he is in East Africa and works as pirate like in his old days.
And Beckett was never LA centric. He was a traveller. With a private jet.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You may get 1 or 2 as cameos. Smiling Jack travels so does Beckett. Jeanette and VV probably 0 chance of seeing them unless you go to Santa Monica which could happen
This is what I'm hoping at least.
Jack isn't really that LA centric. Currently he is in East Africa and works as pirate like in his old days.
And Beckett was never LA centric. He was a traveller. With a private jet.
Fair enough.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Smiling Jack's outfit as a Deluxe Edition bonus was a guarantee we wouldn't be seeing them in this game, much like Jeanette.
As was "slipped" in today's stream, maybe a reference through word-of-mouth or something?

Mar 30, 2019
You may get 1 or 2 as cameos. Smiling Jack travels so does Beckett. Jeanette and VV probably 0 chance of seeing them unless you go to Santa Monica which could happen

Jeanette and VV are actually likely. In V5 they are mentioned. They have Asylums all around the west coast, it's an franchise now and they often travel to the other locations.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
In case you need proof of Toreador being among the next playable clans in line

Placeholder image at the clans' page

Vpc0DS2.jpg

Trailer announcement screenshot

rsoFkvd.jpg

Only a Toreador would ever get close to a fireplace for amusement. Also, the little ghoul (?) shit at the piano is killing me.

I can't wait for the character reveal.

Oct 31, 2017
While I don't have many doubts about the Toreador being one of the five playable options, it should be stressed that "being in the game" and "being a playable clan" are not the same thing.
I'd expect plenty of non-playable clans to make a comparison as NPCs.

Mar 30, 2019
It's really hard to find a pattern for the reveals. I would tend to Toreadr to, but Nosferatu as Stealth would fit too. Or they kept the mysterious hint image a secret until the end. Or they want to show a social clan today which would be Toreador (or Venture but less likely). There are some possiblities here. But I'm really hyped for later. Which gaming site will get the exclusive first look today?

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to find a pattern for the reveals. I would tend to Toreadr to, but Nosferatu as Stealth would fit too. Or they kept the mysterious hint image a secret until the end. Or they want to show a social clan today which would be Toreador (or Venture but less likely). There are some possiblities here. But I'm really hyped for later. Which gaming site will get the exclusive first look today?
No idea, but Reddit seems to find it rather quickly lol.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Playing Bloodlines 1 for the first time, I've noticed that they managed to shoehorn quite a bit of other WoD books. Like spirits, fera and hunters. I wonder if the sequel will continue that.

I'd be down for breaking and entering in a nice suburban home to retrieve an artifact, only to find a totally repulsive family of Ananasi waiting for me. People would be checking the fuck out right away.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Bloodlines 1 for the first time, I've noticed that they managed to shoehorn quite a bit of other WoD books. Like spirits, fera and hunters. I wonder if the sequel will continue that.

I'd be down for breaking and entering in a nice suburban home to retrieve an artifact, only to find a totally repulsive family of Ananasi waiting for me. People would be checking the fuck out right away.
If they included Wereravens though, I'd wanna be one.

Oct 25, 2017

This is what I am really hoping. I'd love to see werewolves being implemented into the series more, to show the bigger picture with the WoD universe.

Nov 8, 2017

Agents of the machine God randomly out of nowhere

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for them to explore the wider WoD as well. I only have personal experience with Werewolf and Vampire, but I always wanted to play Changeling and Mage. Maybe BIG BAD WOLF can wade into the less videogamey settings at some point.