• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Hi s it worth saving up my coins to buy the revive upgrade first, or should I concentrate on other stuff?
Base prices increase by 10% each time you buy a power up, so you want to buy the most expensive stuff first.

Respecs are also completely free so feel free to play around in there.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got that last achievement (survive 30 minutes with Lama). For a few minutes I stood still to avoid picking up XP and raising my curse level, but knockback resistant bosses forced me to move.

unknown.png

Until the next patch, I guess...

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It's even spreading overseas

This video has almost 400k views in about half a day atm

I'm not in the Vtuber scene, but I have to assume that person is a hugely popular streamer.

Also, yeesh seeing people play early game.. I'm never resetting the power ups or turning off Hyper lol.

I've actually been watching this at work, just keeping it on in the background. Pekora is one of the top female streamers right now.
Ah okay. Had to be because that number blows away everything I've seen.

She is entertaining I have to say.

OP
OP
KujoJosuke

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in the Vtuber scene, but I have to assume that person is a hugely popular streamer.

Also, yeesh seeing people play early game.. I'm never resetting the power ups or turning off Hyper lol.

Ah okay. Had to be because that number blows away everything I've seen.

She is entertaining I have to say.

Yeah a huge streamer like Pekora is gonna get a lot of eyes on the game, it might even get some of the other Hololivers to play it.

Getting a big streamer like her playing the game is super cool. Also I don't speak Japanese but she's obviously super into it

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Man I'm way too into chasing fame on the leaderboards right now. In-game integration would be great.

lFgpIzx.png

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I'm absolutely addicted to this game. The core loop is just so mesmerizing and fun. Finding which weapon and item combos allow for evolutions, slowly seeing which weapon synergies work best together and with which characters. It's pretty nuts. For a 3 buck early access game it's incredibly polished too.

On a good run the balance does exhaust itself well before you hit the 30 minute limit though. Usually around 20 min-ish it's quite obvious if you'll succumb because of poor weapon/item combinations, or if you have hit that transcendent point where nothing is a challenge anymore. Usually when you have at least 2 evolved weapons lol. There's certainly a lot more potential to balance that out and add something that keeps players on their toes.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Base prices increase by 10% each time you buy a power up, so you want to buy the most expensive stuff first.

Respecs are also completely free so feel free to play around in there.
Feel like there could just be a fixed price instead. Since there's an optimal way to buy upgrades you're just wasting gold if you do it any other way.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
That's pretty good! I think my max kills was in the low 50k. Is Lama the best for climbing the leaderboard due to the curse levels?
Lama is the only character who can place highly on the Most Kills boards, due to the added curse, yeah. The extra 20% adds so many more enemies that no other character can keep pace. The problem is just staying alive, with the Curse power up maxed, the Skull item equipped, and Lama's passive curse scaln

You play Imelda for the Highest Level board, Most Gold is a free for all.

I was top 5 on Library too but dropped to #8. Tbh the guy at #1 on that list is so many kills ahead (like 4k) I'm not sure that is a legit run.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
Lama is the only character who can place highly on the Most Kills boards, due to the added curse, yeah. The extra 20% adds so many more enemies that no other character can keep pace. The problem is just staying alive, with the Curse power up maxed, the Skull item equipped, and Lama's passive curse scaln

You play Imelda for the Highest Level board, Most Gold is a free for all.

I was top 5 on Library too but dropped to #8. Tbh the guy at #1 on that list is so many kills ahead (like 4k) I'm not sure that is a legit run.

Apologize for the ignorant question, but where do you find the leaderboards? I'm playing on Steam and can't seem to find them.

Also, for highest gold, wouldn't the new character, Exdash, be ideal? If you max out your luck and choose him, you're at +130% luck at the start. Build that up even further and once you max out your items/weapons and just choose the money bags, it seems like you'd get a higher chance of scoring big on all the treasure chests. Hmm... Maybe I'll try this later! Lol.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Apologize for the ignorant question, but where do you find the leaderboards? I'm playing on Steam and can't seem to find them.

Also, for highest gold, wouldn't the new character, Exdash, be ideal? If you max out your luck and choose him, you're at +130% luck at the start. Build that up even further and once you max out your items/weapons and just choose the money bags, it seems like you'd get a higher chance of scoring big on all the treasure chests. Hmm... Maybe I'll try this later! Lol.
Here: https://vsleaderboard.azurewebsites.net/Leaderboard

For gold yeah Exdash is technically ideal for runs, but playing him on max curse? Godspeed. Looks like he is the only option on Library, but Krochi is a contender on the open maps, probably because of his speed bonus.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't picked this up yet, probably after I'm done with Elden Ring, but it looks like a lot of fun. Seems like it would scratch an itch I've been having lately for something like this, tower defense, etc.

OP
OP
KujoJosuke

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the game is spreading among the Hololive vtubers, at least 6 so far have streamed playing it for hours

Big Success

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Using Imelda I was finally able to evolve the whip and garlic. My maxed loadout for the full 30-minute run was:

King Bible (unevolved)
Bloody Tear
Holy Wand
Soul Eater
Death Spiral
Thunder Loop

Duplicator
Attractorb

Basically untouchable after 20 minutes. I love a good power trip.

Last edited:

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Sorry to ask here poncle but... any chance to buy the game in bulk in Steam?... xD... I wanna buy some copies for my friends/family, but buying one at a time and gift is painfully slow... xD.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
New Stage and content are up!

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors - Vampire Survivors is a time survival game with minimalistic gameplay and roguelite elements.Hell is empty, the devils are here, and there's no place to run or hide. All you can do is survive as long as you can until death inevitably puts an end to your struggles. Gather gold...

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I finally completed level two. You know, when you've "got it" during a certain run, I feel as though you know it well ahead of time.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
This is going to be a great "jump in for a bit here and there" type of game. The continued support will keep bringing me back. Can't resist the achievements.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally completed level two. You know, when you've "got it" during a certain run, I feel as though you know it well ahead of time.
My one big complaint with the game is if I make the 15 minute threshold, I usually don't have to worry about anything else for the rest of the game. That's 15 minutes of being op and that does grow a bit tedious after 5.

I hope they can rebalance the game so some of the evolutions aren't auto-wins once you get them.

Cindered

Oct 25, 2017
My one big complaint with the game is if I make the 15 minute threshold, I usually don't have to worry about anything else for the rest of the game. That's 15 minutes of being op and that does grow a bit tedious after 5.

I hope they can rebalance the game so some of the evolutions aren't auto-wins once you get them.

Have you played the third stage at all? It's much tougher than the other two, especially when curse is thrown in to the mix.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Late to the party on this one but this game is addicting.

The second stage with Clerici is great for farming gold. Max out the water, rune tracer, and cross while picking up area, damage, and cooldown buffs and you can pretty much sit still the entire time. If you dump all your money into the greed power up and also pick up the xp buff you can get a fuckton of chests through leveling up by the end.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
So if I unlock red death, is the rest of the cast pretty much irrelevant? The character seems so blatantly OP to me, but I'm also a scrub at this game

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I'm new to the game, I have only 10 hours right now in the game. The 2nd map feels like it has the best and most fun design? The 1st feels weird with the plants and zombies, and the 3rd one is just unfun. Are there any general tips for the game?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch Up!
New Content

Contains 5 new achievements and:
- Mad Forest Coffin
- 3 weapons (more like 2.5)
- 1 new unlockable power up
- 1 new music track that plays when...

I'm new to the game, I have only 10 hours right now in the game. The 2nd map feels like it has the best and most fun design? The 1st feels weird with the plants and zombies, and the 3rd one is just unfun. Are there any general tips for the game?
Well the library is only in one plane (left-right) so it makes it much easier if you know where the majority of enemies are coming from
Idk, I have like 30 hours it's fun to just play different builds and maxing out stats. I love garlic for whatever reason and it's just great to have max AOE or max out some weird weapons like Time or Tracer with cooldown or duration
You don't necessarily have to try for 6 synergized evolutions, you can also plan out which builds to go for on specific maps once you have the map.
Like the Dairy you always get 4 specific support pickups: attractorb, armor, wings, and candelabra. So you can get 6 "other" support skills and still pick axe and holy water leaving the 4 Dairy specific ones till the end meaning you can have 10 support pickups or you can get "Level 6" of those support pickups if you find them after Level 5.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Patch Up!

Well the library is only in one plane (left-right) so it makes it much easier if you know where the majority of enemies are coming from
Idk, I have like 30 hours it's fun to just play different builds and maxing out stats. I love garlic for whatever reason and it's just great to have max AOE or max out some weird weapons like Time or Tracer with cooldown or duration
You don't necessarily have to try for 6 synergized evolutions, you can also plan out which builds to go for on specific maps once you have the map.
Like the Dairy you always get 4 specific support pickups: attractorb, armor, wings, and candelabra. So you can get 6 "other" support skills and still pick axe and holy water leaving the 4 Dairy specific ones till the end meaning you can have 10 support pickups or you can get "Level 6" of those support pickups if you find them after Level 5.

Thx !

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Patch Up!

Wait, am I reading this right? You can get more than six items if you grab the Map ones after filling your slots?

Well then, this changes some of my strategies...

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Finally joined the party, and it lives up to the hype. Garlic feels a bit OP as others say but I'm only to the 2nd stage. This thing has the potential to be MASSIVE on mobile.

I really like the mechanic of killing swarms of enemies but not getting any benefit until you can pick up the runes/crystals/eggs/thingies that they leave behind. Makes it even more kinetic.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn early game steam deck handles the game so well,
late game it's a fucking mess.

Yeah this is a thing that poncle is working on, the last dev roadmap blog says it requires an engine rewrite (which is in progress), due out in summer.

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors - Vampire Survivors is a time survival game with minimalistic gameplay and roguelite elements.Hell is empty, the devils are here, and there's no place to run or hide. All you can do is survive as long as you can until death inevitably puts an end to your struggles. Gather gold...

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to come up with a compelling mechanic for minute 20-30.
Like maybe a low hp mechanic where you deal more damage on low hp or something that drains your hp in exchange for a great buff
Maybe like an autoplay feature if you stand still
Speed burst for running long distances
Also some QoL things like lootboxes are visually distincitve with what they contain: food/$/item
I would also like to see maybe 4 minibosses that you can fight maybe at the extreme corners or the maximum direction going North/East/South/West

The two newest weapons are horribly imbalanced
weapon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.