• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Its panned as one of murphy's miss-steps, at least I remember it being clowned that way. I found it higgghly entertaining. Even laugh out loud moments. Once you get past the idea of murphy as a vampire, it is very good.

We've got a gorgeous Angela Basset, Dwayne Wayne, Pops, that dude from jasons lyric and Zakes Mokae. I suggest everyone give it another watch with fresh non critical eyes.
I also totally forgot that since this is a Eddie film, yes theres gunna be full character makeup that he performs as. From a preacher to an Italian mobster...Those are the only two, but still. Well maybe a wolf, but that makeup was really good.

Directed by Wes Craven and written by the Murphy brothers. I was surprised to see Charlies name on the credits, granted thats probably the case for a lot of their work.

Its pretty much your standard vampire fare. Vampire needs a wife... then manipulates her entire life so he can dance with her (Thats all it takes for women to fall in love/be bitten/you see?). Some shots capturing an imagined snapshot of the time. Good practical and visual effects. We've got some miniature work in there too.

www.youtube.com

VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN (1995 Theatrical Trailer)

This is the theatrical trailer for the 1995 horror comedy "Vampire in Brooklyn" starring Eddie Murphy, who co-wrote the story with his older brother Charlie ...

This 90's trailer will do it 0% justice. But even the youths of Era should give it a watch. What do you have to lose?

witherspoon.jpg

vampire-in-brooklyn.jpg

MV5BN2U1MWU5NTktZTliNC00ZWZlLThjMzctYmZmMmM2ZTRkNmUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNzJmYjU0ZjMtMDg3ZC00MjU0LTlmZWQtYjQ3NDAyZWNjOTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

NegativeCheeryArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

So now we get onto the sequel discussion. Don't read if you do not want the movie spoiled...after all this time.

With how shit hollywood has been, why not continue with the ring to do another roster of brown/minority talent for this genre? Its pretty empty when it comes to this as a category of film. I'm always down for semi-cheesy horror that isn't taking itself too seriously. It seems that all of his power, or some, is within the ring. Also we see him go somewhere after being stabbed in the heart, As a flare/light bat..?

If you don't remember, his ghoul (khadim hardison) is repaired because he finds the ring on the roof of the limo. I believe it turns him into a vampire as was mentioned earlier by murphy, he said that ghouls had an opportunity to even become vampires.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
While I really enjoyed it, it's tone is a bit all over the place. Sometimes it's supposed to be a regular Eddie Murphy comedy. Sometimes is a drama. Sometime it's flat out horror.

I think that's probably why it gets maligned often. People aren't sure what it's even supposed to be.

Sancho

Oct 29, 2017
The Preacher scene in this movie is one of Eddie Murphy's funniest scenes in my opinion. I haven't watched the movie in a while but it's definitely one of his more underated movies.