• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Shipped here too. Should be arriving by end of next week.

Also reservations should be expiring around now, so there's chance some of you will get it if someone didn't pay.

PerilousTech

Jun 4, 2018
Oh crap. Looks like they're using both then. I got the full kit too but still sitting in Shipping Soon. When did yours ship? Was it this morning?

I got a tracking notification last night but it didn't show up on FedEx's site until this morning.

It must be depending on the package worth then since the controllers were like $200+, seems normal that they would go with Fedex for a 1k package :D

It does require a signature!

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
For cost reasons I have to stick to with my Quest but really happy to hear people's index's are shipping - if I could easily pair the index controllers with the oculus headset I would 100% be doing it.

Can't imagine how exciting it would be to be receiving that huge box. Good luck!

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok seems like 2-4 weeks guys are moving up to shipping/payment.

I was one of them that was on backorder and now I got the "Please confirm your Valve Index Shipping/Payment Information" email.

So check your status and emails y'all if you were one of the backorder people.

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

I was one of them that was on backorder and now I got the "Please confirm your Valve Index Shipping/Payment Information" email.

So check you're status and emails y'all if you were one of the backorder people.
Yup, received my confirm payment email as well for my Index controllers

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It must be depending on the package worth then since the controllers were like $200+, seems normal that they would go with Fedex for a 1k package :D

Actually that could be it then.

I got a tracking notification last night but it didn't show up on FedEx's site until this morning

Okay cool thank you. And good to know it needs a signature lol, it'll give me a reason to work from home then :-)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
was I really that far back after a minute to order it to get still stuck on 2-4 weeks shipping time...

congrats to those that got their orders

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

So check your status and emails y'all if you were one of the backorder people.
Thanks for the heads up!

I was on 2-4 weeks and just checked my mail and I had it too, so have confirmed my shipping and payment info. Hopefully means I'll have it soon as I've got all next week off work.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up!

I was on 2-4 weeks and just checked my mail and I had it too, so have confirmed my shipping and payment info. Hopefully means I'll have it soon as I've got all next week off work.

If the first batch are already getting theirs received then I assume we could get ours the earliest by Friday or Saturday.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
If the first batch are already getting theirs received then I assume we could get ours the earliest by Friday or Saturday.
I hope so.

Though I pray to god they don't ship them via Yodel or Hermes in the UK, or I'll end up waiting months for the replacement when mine gets stolen/lost/smashed/left in the pouring rain.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
was I really that far back after a minute to order it to get still stuck on 2-4 weeks shipping time...

congrats to those that got their orders
Index + Controller here, "after 8 weeks" is my current delivery time, ordered in the first 30 seconds. Most others I've seen who ordered that bundle are in the same boat, except for Cryoteck here and a couple on Reddit I've seen.

So for only 2-4 weeks after a minute, you're not doing too bad!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hqvejl1q70m41.png

let the scalping begin.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
How are these scalpers managing to get tens of these? Do they employ third word people to order these?

(I assume Valve changing the order process would've deterred bots)

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 2-4 weeks controller order is now processing, I paid and put in my shipping address, the hype is real.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
7-9 weeks still - had hoped it updated to something earlier since the 48 hours are up.

Am I still getting the cosmetics and all of that? Even if I'm not technically pre-ordering Alyx?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Am I still getting the cosmetics and all of that? Even if I'm not technically pre-ordering Alyx?

It's not preorder bonus for Alyx, but for index owners.

You'll get it:

Alyx bonus content will only be available if you place your Index order before March 23, 2020. As long as you meet this condition, you will receive the bonus content even if your estimated shipping is after this date.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone know - I ordered the Headset and Controllers and have an 'over 8 weeks' delivery estimate. If i was to buy HL:A for launch to play on my Vive would i get the price refunded once the Index arrives? I guess not and should just wait.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know - I ordered the Headset and Controllers and have an 'over 8 weeks' delivery estimate. If i was to buy HL:A for launch to play on my Vive would i get the price refunded once the Index arrives? I guess not and should just wait.

Half-Life: Alyx is free when you finalize the purchase of any Valve Index Headset, Controllers, or VR Kit. If you have already purchased Half-Life: Alyx, and later buy qualifying Index hardware, we'll refund your Alyx purchase automatically after your order ships.

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My full kit is set to deliver tomorrow!
Im really excited, but to be honest I was literally about to cancel my order because of the whole market going down and other expenses i didn't expect to make at the same time (a new puppy!!)

So now I don't know what to do, keep it, return it or sell it.
I feel like if I'm going to get rid of it I might as well sell it and make a little extra money but I dunno it feels scummy

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Half-Life: Alyx is free when you finalize the purchase of any Valve Index Headset, Controllers, or VR Kit. If you have already purchased Half-Life: Alyx, and later buy qualifying Index hardware, we'll refund your Alyx purchase automatically after your order ships.
Do you know if this applies even after Alyx releases? Because most of us Headset+Controller purchasers are stuck in the 8 weeks+ shipping time, so we likely won't even be able to purchase for quite a while.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
My full kit should be arriving tomorrow as long as Fedex doesn't try to screw me over like they've been doing. They don't even knock on my door, they just leave a door tag and walk away quietly. They did it with two packages in the past week and I'll lose my shit if it happens again. I'll probably sit out in the living room with the blinds open so I can see them pull up and wait at my front door.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My headset + controllers is still stuck in shipping soon purgatory.

I'd still wait to see if it doesn't mail by Saturday. If it doesn't then that probably mean you're with batch that has to wait for restock.

Seems like people with controllers haven't had to wait long but that's likely due to the fact the stock for controllers is larger than the other sets. A bunch including myself, moved from 2 to weeks queue to processing yesterday.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My Valve Index order just updated

It shipped, FedEx, arriving Friday 3/13/2020 by end of day.

That was surprisingly quick.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
My standalone headset shipped yesterday and arrived today! Went home for lunch in hopes it'd be delivered between 12-1. FedEx came at 12:55. (Sig REQUIRED by Valve).

When the kids go to bed, it is time!

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My index controllers order just changed to shipping soon. So I expect it to change again with tracking number and all in the next 24-48 hours.

Pretty nice going from 2-4 weeks to shipping soon.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So does ReVive still work with the Index for Oculus games?

I'd love to get Vader Immortal but I think it's Oculus Store exclusive isn't it?

Also, is Asgard's Wrath compatible/available? The Oculus store page for it seems to say it's not available in my country (UK).

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does ReVive still work with the Index for Oculus games?

I'd love to get Vader Immortal but I think it's Oculus Store exclusive isn't it?

Also, is Asgard's Wrath compatible/available? The Oculus store page for it seems to say it's not available in my country (UK).

Yeah, and it's honestly a better transition than using the index knuckles the vive wands since the knuckles are pretty similar to the oculus controllers.

Only thing you might have to adjust is the grip sensitivity because for some reason it's very sensitive for the index.