• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I'm actually pretty sure no one has actually been able to pay for the index yet, which means whenever you clicked Order that is your place in the reservation system. I clicked Order within seconds and I'm stuck on the Shipping Info page.

I was also F5'ing constantly before the hour, was looking for the Kit, and had the funds ready in my Steam Wallet, but I never had to enter any shipping address info or whatever. Instead the 'Buy' button on the store went to 'Ordered' immediately and I received an order confirmation via e-mail, describing a back order situation and stating a 2-4 weeks shipping period. I won't have to pay until later. I'm from the Netherlands.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
Yeah I got the order confirmation and my ETA still says 2-4 weeks.

It looks like adding my payment card and shipping info to my account in advance was a smart move as it allowed basically one click ordering without needing to go through adding it in while the servers were getting hammered.

Possibly. Did you have the funds ready to go in your Steam Wallet (I did)?

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was also F5'ing constantly before the hour, was looking for the Kit, and had the funds ready in my Steam Wallet, but I never had to enter any shipping address info or whatever. Instead the 'Buy' button on the store went to 'Ordered' immediately and I received an order confirmation via e-mail, describing a back order situation and stating a 2-4 weeks shipping period. I won't have to pay until later. I'm from the Netherlands.

Interestingly, I accidentally clicked order on both the Full Kit and the HMD+Controllers, and only recieved an email for the HMD+Controllers, which isn't what I actually wanted. The Full Kit email still hasn't arrived, but I think I'm still early in the queue.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Still says 8 weeks on my "order processing" page
Ugh...
962.gif

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Already got a vive so I'm just getting the controllers. Already wanted them and it comes with Alyx for free so, dope.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I got the order confirmation and my ETA still says 2-4 weeks.

It looks like adding my payment card and shipping info to my account in advance was a smart move as it allowed basically one click ordering without needing to go through adding it in while the servers were getting hammered.
Where do you see an ETA after buying it?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
...so they made a big deal about having them in stock in time for HL Alyx, only to have them take two months to ship, and HL Alyx comes out in two weeks?? WTF Valve

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Possibly. Did you have the funds ready to go in your Steam Wallet (I did)?
No, I added a credit card. My email says,

For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time.

Which might explain why Alyx isn't in my library yet from the looks of things.
(The store page on mobile doesn't say it's there anyway, no idea how to check what is actually in my library from mobile, can't see it on the mobile site or app)

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
...so they made a big deal about having them in stock in time for HL Alyx, only to have them take two months to ship, and HL Alyx comes out in two weeks?? WTF Valve
It was obvious they'd have limited stock. They did mention beforehand that after the initial stock they'd process orders as they've received them.
I really don't see the issue.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that 1100€ VR units sell out within seconds.

Coronavirus-effect. They said it would be far less than expected couple of weeks back.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
It was obvious they'd have limited stock. They did mention beforehand that after the initial stock they'd process orders as they've received them.
I really don't see the issue.
The way it sounded was that NO ONE was having them ship before 8 weeks. I mean if the initial stock is shipping in time, that's good.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ordered" right at 12pm CST, no payment or shipping info put in yet, purchase history says 2-4 weeks so I guess I just saved my spot on line. The email says they will send another email to get my info and get paid.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Okay, so gathering from all of this it looks like for those of us that had a payment method on file (via Steam Wallet, PayPal, or Credit/Debit) was able to order immediately, but in the form of a backorder. Everyone else went through a cart where they had to enter their shipping and payment info which, assuming they got the order, could be a backorder or a regular one.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Think I made it in the first batch! Being stuck on the shipping information was nerve racking lol

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry what's the mean. I got headset and knuckles index
www.vive.com

SteamVR Base Station 2.0 | VIVE United States

Base Station 2.0 powers immersive, precision wide-area tracking. For VIVE Pro Series and Cosmos Elite VR headsets and controllers. Features wireless syncing.

This is the Base Station 2. It means you can't mix these with the original base stations. It's either gotta be two of these, or two of the original Base Stations, or two of the Index base stations.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
So is 2-4 weeks backorder or just normal time to ship? I've got an order in paying with paypal but still have got no payment confirmation or shipping details

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Had a bit of a scare with my card getting declined, but after calling the bank, everything went through. Just says "Shipping Status: Processing" now.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It should be noted that when you're filling out the shipping info and try to complete it and it says "Out of Stock", just keep retrying and eventually it will go through????

absolute clusterfuck

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
www.vive.com

SteamVR Base Station 2.0 | VIVE United States

Base Station 2.0 powers immersive, precision wide-area tracking. For VIVE Pro Series and Cosmos Elite VR headsets and controllers. Features wireless syncing.

This is the Base Station 2. It means you can't mix these with the original base stations. It's either gotta be two of these, or two of the original Base Stations, or two of the Index base stations.

Ahh thank you for explanation

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
It should be noted that when you're filling out the shipping info and try to complete it and it says "Out of Stock", just keep retrying and eventually it will go through????

absolute clusterfuck
I expected it to be bad.

But not THIS bad.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, so gathering from all of this it looks like for those of us that had a payment method on file (via Steam Wallet, PayPal, or Credit/Debit) was able to order immediately, but in the form of a backorder. Everyone else went through a cart where they had to enter their shipping and payment info which, assuming they got the order, could be a backorder or a regular one.

I had a payment method on file and I got sent directly to Shipping Info with the orange error.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like i just went through the depths of hell..
but I got my order in, and it kept saying 2 weeks... but I don't have confirmation of shipping window yet.

I had payment info saved btw.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I ordered mine and it kept saying that there was an error with the order, and it wouldn't progress any further than that.

But I still received email confirmation that my order was placed and in my order list, it says that it's shipping in 2-4 weeks.

Thing is, it didn't ask for my shipping info or card number. Both of these are saved to my account, but the order didn't ask for them directly.

Does this mean I did something wrong? Just want to make sure.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I ordered it 1 minute after it went up....I got 5-7 weeks...
the ones who got it to ship immediately must have been very lucky lol
for those that have been having issues with shipping info and successfully added to cart. Some are reporting its being fixed now and to try enter it again.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Mine might be shipping soon? Unlike a separate order that says it'll ship in 8 weeks, the VR kit is listed under past orders with "View Shipment Details".

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Nope. I have no Steam Wallet funds, but I did have a credit card and shipping info on file.

Like many others, I got this when trying to confirm Shipping Info:
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

But when I looked in my account's Purchase History it showed that I could "Complete Order" by March 10.

In the last 10 minutes, whatever happened cleared up. I was able to "Complete Order" and click to confirm Shipping Info. And then I was able to complete the order (although, I had an extra hiccup with my bank blocking the transaction, but after I called them and got the block removed, I was able to finally complete the order).

I suspect the earlier guesses that some of us managed to get into a queue for the first batch is true.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rather not stress over this.
All I could do was press the button, and it went from "Order Now" to "Ordered"

I had my payment information saved. Just to make sure, I had bought Nioh 10 minutes earlier.

I'll wait. If I don't get it, no harm done.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Probably will be more clear later on today or maybe this week to see who is getting theirs and who is not.

Like the shortest time regardless whether they got charged or not seems to be 2 to 4 weeks.

colui

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck daylight savings time, by the way.
When I first saw the thread, I put 10 AM PDT on google and got 7 PM in my timezone.
But now it turned into 6 PM and I have to wait 5 weeks to get the controllers because I logged into steam 30 minutes late.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I ordered it 1 minute after it went up....I got 5-7 weeks...
the ones who got it to ship immediately must have been very lucky lol
for those that have been having issues with shipping info and successfully added to cart. Some are reporting its being fixed now and to try enter it again.
Did anyone get immediate shipping? 2-4 weeks seems to be the shortest time so far.

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if Dolphin VR would still support the Valve Index. I have a feeling it might not, as it hasn't been updated in a while. In Metroid Prime, Samus changes her beam cannon by motioning specific hand gestures:

Samus%27_hands.png

Link: https://cdn.wikimg.net/metroidwiki/images/e/ec/Samus'_hands.png

Theoretically, if you could program a hand gesture as an input (C-Stick input for GameCube, a little more complicated for Wii), you would be able to change your Beam with the same gesture!