• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still stuck on the Shipping Info screen since the literal second it went up and have the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error message. Hopefully the "Complete Order" banner and button prompt mean that it's reserved in my cart but I'm starting to think I'm fucked.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I find it odd that some people have to check out, while others like myself were put on 'Ordered' status immediately. Perhaps the latter is due to having the funds already in their Steam Wallets (which is what I did).

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
In the same boat - I had one for 2 weeks.
I wanted to pay with a separate payment method - so when I hit order and it said it's ordered it for me I thought it glitched out and charged my default method - so I quickly panicked and cancelled.
Then I hit order again and now its 7 to 9 weeks.

I wish they told us this would happen.
Yeah, this was just really confusing. I'm not cancelling my soft order if it just bumps my 2-4 weeks up.

I'm guessing they are doing this to minimize server load with processing orders immediately

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
OK folks, I tried ordering again on another account and this time, I got an actual pop up window explaining the process. So for people having the "ordered" status and confirmation email, but did NOT pay and did NOT go through shipping information, you WILL get a link to complete your order once your unit is ready to ship, within the shipping window announced on Steam.

So if your "order" button became an "ordered" button, you're good, just wait.
What if it's a "Complete Order" button? lol

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What an utter mess. Also a 2+ month delay is going to do a great job killing my hype for all of this.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I got my order through but immediately got cold feet. I think Ill just wait a while. I have plenty of games to play without sinking $1000 into VR.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
What an utter mess. Also a 2+ month delay is going to do a great job killing my hype for all of this.
We don't know if that is actually the case though, could be place-holder. Plenty of us who clicked right when the page reloaded are getting that 8 week message. Unless they had like 50 kits to sell and that was it, my guess is they will go through and update these orders (possibly manually) once they're "out of stock" again.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Under my purchase history it says to confirm my shipping order by march 10 1 pm. However cant confirm it..

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of funny that we waited all these weeks for the chance to get an Index only to be told we'll have to wait weeks after the release of the game before we can actually get it haha! I was really in two minds about getting one so at least Valve is making the decision easier!

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still stuck on the Shipping Info screen since the literal second it went up and have the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error message. Hopefully the "Complete Order" banner and button prompt mean that it's reserved in my cart but I'm starting to think I'm fucked.
Right there with you. Sucks

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Wait hold on, maybe I purchased both the VR Kit and Index Headset+Controllers separately in my mad rush? This whole fucking thing is confusing. I only got one email so wtf.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
"Shipment Status: Processing"

So yeah seems like it is reversing when you add to cart. No hurries it seems (if you got reversed in cart).

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Stuck on the damn shipping page. Fuck.

Edit: Just got through and order complete! If you;re stuck on the order page, stay there!!

Last edited:

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I never got past the Shipping Info page either, and my purchase history says that I have to "Complete Order" by March 10. So, I'm just going to relax and wait for this to clear up.

If I get to order one, great. If not, then I didn't spend a dumb amount of money, so that's ok too.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
someone in the index subreddit apparently thinks being stuck on the shipping page means you're in the first batch? https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex...tly/fk178h3?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x weird logic but i'll take it
That's my assumption. You get a message saying you have 24 hours to complete the order. So it's probably fine to come back later and try it when the site isn't being hammered. I'm still probably going to sit here for 4 hours though >.<

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam doesn't even have a category for you to put a support ticket in for this!

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm actually pretty sure no one has actually been able to pay for the index yet, which means whenever you clicked Order that is your place in the reservation system. I clicked Order within seconds and I'm stuck on the Shipping Info page.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Looks like everything pretty much sold out instantly. I tried to get the controllers, about a minute and a half after it went live, and I was put on the 5 to 7 week wait.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, click this link and then click through to order. you'll have to log back in but you will get all the way through if it is like it was for me.

store.steampowered.com

Sign In

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
information finally got in! Doesn't say anything about when it's supposed to ship though, i think

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
My order is processing but I don't see a shipping estimate? Does that mean I got the first batch???

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Ok, after 25 minutes of clicking "continue" I think my order went through.

Got the receipt from Valve, they have my shipping info, and it says "Shipping Status": Processing.

Half-Life: Aylx is in my library. :)

That's a relief.

EDIT: Shipping appears to have been free? That would be nice.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I had the exact same thing in the client. You should have received an order confirmation via email by now, which is more like a "backorder confirmation". In the email you click on a link which brings up your ETA.
Yeah I got the order confirmation and my ETA still says 2-4 weeks.

It looks like adding my payment card and shipping info to my account in advance was a smart move as it allowed basically one click ordering without needing to go through adding it in while the servers were getting hammered.