• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I....think I ordered one?

I'm ordering through the app, and refreshed right on time and hit the order button for the kit. That said there was a problem with my order.
I hit close, refreshed, hit order again, same thing saying there was a problem.

Clicked close, refreshed again and now it says "Ordered". But it never asked me for my payment details or anything. Is this because I already had a payment card and shipping address registered in my account in readiness?
If I click the "Ordered" button it shows me a Valve Index kit ordered with a shipping time of 2-4 weeks.

So...have I got one ordered?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to those of you trying to get one. I kind of want to go to the store page for them to see how quick they sell out, but I'm going to avoid adding more traffic there for those that are actually trying to purchase one lol.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
So, to clarify, if it says "Ordered" and has a shipping estimate (measured in weeks), then it worked, as a backorder? It will ask for my payment information at a later date? Is that how this works?

Did you go through anything or did you literally just click the button? I'm stuck at "shipping info" and on the Index page it says "complete order."

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017

I'm ordering through the app, and refreshed right on time and hit the order button for the kit. That said there was a problem with my order.

Clicked close, refreshed again and now it says "Ordered". But it never asked me for my payment details or anything. Is this because I already had a payment card and shipping address registered in my account in readiness?
If I click the "Ordered" button it shows me a Valve Index kit ordered with a shipping time of 2-4 weeks.

The email I got says:

"For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time."

So this is more like a waitlist, and you finalize your order once the product is available to ship.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Same for me. I did not pay. Do we know what we're supposed to do?

I got the same thing. Never asked for address or credit card info. Thought it was an error so cancelled my initial order which said in progress and did it again and its now saying 5-7 weeks. Think I screwed myself on this one.

I did get an email confirmation for the order just never confirmed all the info.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah, I'm confused too. I clicked the order button and it seems I have it already ordered? I even got an email conformation saying I got it.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The email I got says:

"For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time."

So this is more like a waitlist, and you finalize your order once the product is available to ship.

I mean I order the controllers and I my purchase history it says ships in 2-4 weeks.

Nov 1, 2017
Yep, I have the same "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Pressed order and it's in my transactions. But no info entered or checkout done.

back order? Says it ships in. 8 weeks. That's fine by me as long as I got one.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
Got an email:
For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time.
So it seems to be working. Don't panic if it just says "Ordered" without a checkout process.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The email I got says:

Yeah I just got that e-mail too, despite completing my order literally within 30 seconds of go live.

I'm in the UK though so I suspect most allocations went to the US.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People that will have to hold until their headsets arrive I can just pray for you. Remember to get off the internet when Alyx drops

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Where are people located who are seeing 6-8 weeks? I'm seeing 2 weeks in UK.

Edit: Actually that's just for the VR kit, the standalone stuff is 8-10. Might still say 2 weeks because I got the invoice. Even though I can't complete.

Maybe_its_Cthulhu

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got the same thing. Never asked for address or credit card info. Thought it was an error so cancelled my initial order which said in progress and did it again and its now saying 5-7 weeks. Think I screwed myself on this one.

I did get an email confirmation for the order just never confirmed all the info.
In the same boat - I had one for 2 weeks.
I wanted to pay with a separate payment method - so when I hit order and it said it's ordered it for me I thought it glitched out and charged my default method - so I quickly panicked and cancelled.
Then I hit order again and now its 7 to 9 weeks.

I wish they told us this would happen.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I got the email but can't get past the shipping info. Gotta head back to work so I'll just hope that it worked.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh hell I checked my purchase history and this won't ship for 8 weeks. wtf

Valve made a shitshow out of this.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
I also think I ordered one? Button says Ordered, got an email confirmation that says "Ships in 3 to 5 weeks" etc

yay? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nov 1, 2017
I added this to my cart and tried to check out the second that the clock turned and I've been getting hit by "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Really has me bummed out, not sure what I did wrong.

Edit: Now my order went through, deepest condolences to those less fortunate

Last edited:

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL

I had the exact same thing in the client. You should have received an order confirmation via email by now, which is more like a "backorder confirmation". In the email you click on a link which brings up your ETA.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Just got order thru. I hope it's reversed so I get it now rather than 7-9 weeks.

I don't see shipping info anywhere.

HcCEW4P.png

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Still stuck at shipping information ten minutes after trying to buy.

Do I keep hitting "continue" like a crack-addled rat?

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaan,
Says ships in 2 weeks on the front page, but 8 weeks in my purchase confirmation. Clicked the button the moment the page refreshed.
Still haven't received separate email to complete order :(

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so pissed right now. added to cart the moment the hour struck and can't check out.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Still just seeing " There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance " on shipping confirmation page...

Do I like just keep pressing it, or is it actually reserved, and I should just come back later?

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
OK folks, I tried ordering again on another account and this time, I got an actual pop up window explaining the process. So for people having the "ordered" status and confirmation email, but did NOT pay and did NOT go through shipping information, you WILL get a link to complete your order once your unit is ready to ship, within the shipping window announced on Steam.

So if your "order" button became an "ordered" button, you're good, just wait.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
Waitlisted for controllers 3 to 5 weeks. Hoping Alyx is added to my library by its release date. I'd still play it with vive controllers

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
Still just seeing " There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance " on shipping confirmation page...

Do I like just keep pressing it, or is it actually reserved, and I should just come back later?
i'm gonna spam for the next 10 minutes and then give up. don't know if they're reserved